Register now to get rid of these ads!

Jalopy Fest Sep. 11-12th, Morris, Il

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rusty1, May 21, 2010.

1. silent rick

silent rick

i think cliffy was being sarcastic

2. Wow, now the Pile-up is put up on a pedestal. I do remember the comments on the thread about last year's Hunnert car Pile-up, which got alot of negative feedback (Clown cars, junk, long wait in traffic, etc.).
    I love the pile-up and will always be up on my personal pedestal. But I'm going to see what this show is all about, maybe it will be a hit.

3. c-dan

c-dan
    from Illinois

WOW!!! real simple, If you want to go see ya there. If you dont want to go then dont

4. I think this show is a great idea. We need a venue that all the junk, art car rat rod bull crap will go to so they stay away from the other venues. Better yet, hold it on the same day as the pileup so we don't have to deal with all the carni sideshow folks. The art cars deserve a show just as much as we do.

5. I hope it works out for who ever is putting on the show, I've never been to the Pileup but this year will be my first year and if this show does good I'll probably hit it up along with the Pileup next year..never can have enough shows in my opinion

6. ...time will tell the story...

7. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

No, No Cliffy...... It's spelled with a Z at the end. RAT RODZ. If you can sneek a K or two in there it's even better.

8. hotrod35

hotrod35
    from IL

Whats wrong with another show in the area. I have a hunch there are similarities to the Pileup and other shows. And I would say there have been bands at the Red Cent before the Pileup. This is a 2 day show. Different. Letting in some cars that didn't make it in last year. Different. It's another show to go to. No matter who is hosting it. Go and enjoy it.

9. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

So let's say you build a car. You put years of work into it... all of your blood sweat and tears. Your friends come over and help you work on it on the weekends. When it's all said and done you have an awesome car you and your friends built from the ground up.

Now lets say the car changes hands and you see it the following year and the new owner is telling everyone HE built it all himself.

That would probably piss you off...

... but I guess as long as other people enjoy the car, that's all that matters.

10. hotrod35

hotrod35
    from IL

I don't think anyone is, or could take anything away from the Czars and the great job they did. This is just someones version of a show. Sure some things are the same. But some new ideas also. Don't you improve or make something a little different when you build a car. You take an idea and change it a little to make it somewhat your own.

11. TudorJeff

TudorJeff

I started to type out some stuff but this post hits the nail in the middle. As much as I love to support and attend shows that even slightly lean toward the traditional side, I won't be at this one. :(

12. oldmuleskinner

oldmuleskinner
    from CHICAGO

Its funny how people wont tell you who they are when they know they are doing something wrong. It really pisses me off that these people think its OK to illegally use other peoples names and car clubs to promote their car show..............oh and i found this address if you need more info or would like to send them a note.

fargin icehole in charge of jalopy fest
    6245 N. Seneca Rd., Morris, IL 60450

13. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Why that's the address of THE HOT ROD BARN isn't it?

14. c-dan

c-dan
    from Illinois

you could probly find those 53-54 front springs and cadillac at jalopy fest swop meet september 11th and 12th. good luck

15. Thirdyfivepickup

Thirdyfivepickup

Gee, that's a swell idea.

And while I'm at it I'll have a snowball fight with Satan. :rolleyes:

16. There were a group of guys hanging out at a Drive Inn in the southwest suburbs back in early spring. I am not going to throw anyone under the bus by saying who they were. They were talking about the pile up moving and one said "Let’s have our own show".<O:p</O:p
    The next day is when I saw that the pile up had moved on the internet. I called a friend of mine to see if he had heard this. That’s when he brought up the topic at the Drive Inn. “Let’s have our own show”<O:p</O:p
    I know the gentlemen that are on the Grundy County Fair Board, I called them to see if they were interested in having a show. They said no, they were not informed that the pile up was not coming back.<O:p</O:p
    Two days went by & they called to say that they would like to have a car show, any kind of show. We did up a contract and started rolling. Since then they have received many calls from people wanting to put on a car show.
    <O:p</O:pTwo things started out wrong. The wording looked too much like it was last year’s show. And I confided in another show promoter that took my emails out of context and posted only what he wanted.<O:p</O:p
    The show took on a different direction right away. It’s a two day show. It’s 73 and older Customs and 64 and older Hot Rods. We have a swap meet. We have host hotels that will give discounted rates. We will have Pin Striping & Air Brush display & Seminars. We let cars in as soon as they arrive. Spectators are at 8:00. If you are part of a car club you car park Friday night if you are in town. We have a party at Boondocks in Seneca on Saturday night. We are also working on some other items that were not done in the past.<O:p></O:p>
    They only things the same are the location and the Friday night party at The Red Cent. The owners have the experience and they wanted to host it.<O:p</O:p
    <O:p</O:p
    We have a group of volunteers and a small contingent of people that are heavily involved. My wife & I have done most of the leg work. We have help with the fliers and the web site. We had a volunteers meeting last Sunday & had a good turnout. <O:p</O:p
    We supported Torque Fest, Black Top Barons Road Block, Gears & Ears, going to the Pile Up & wanted to go to Symco but could not.<O:p</O:p
    My Name is Bernie Myers. I started working on cars in 1976. I’ve been on the HAMB since March of ’07. Through the help of Inkmunkey we gave Jason some money when his shop burnt down.<O:p</O:p
    I own a 32 Ford Sedan, 34 Ford PU, 67 Mustang “S” code convertible, 67 Pro Street Mustang, 77 Ford Currier and a 95 F350.<O:p</O:p
    I worked on an Indy Car team for 20 years. I won the Clint Brawner Mechanical Achievement Award in 1992. Lil John Buttera won it in 87. <O:p</O:p
    Last year I was with a different group that held “The Last Stand at The Stadium” a midget race that commemorated many years of racing at The Joliet Stadium. The last previous race was 1985.<O:p</O:p
    I am on a board that raises money to be given away to injured race car drivers that have trouble making ends meet <O:p</O:p
    I and my partner own The Hot Rod Barn in Morris. We build HAMB friendly and non friendly hot rods. The shop has nothing to do with the show just myself & those others involved.<O:p</O:p
    Now you know who I am. Fire away!<O:p</O:p

17. Chris 50

Chris 50

So why didn't you just put this info out there seventy-some posts ago?

18. silent rick

silent rick

not too long after hearing about a new show in morris, bad vibes were already starting to spread about it. maybe i'm in the minority when it comes to caring about who's putting on a show, but i find it important in determining whether i wish to support them and their show. it plays a huge factor in me attending events thrown by the czars, blacktop barons, road rockets or other clubs. by starting a new hamb membership to push your show and being so secretive about who you and the other hosts are didn't do anything to dispell the rumors i heard about it in the beginning.

19. As I said in my post there are several people coming together to make this happen.
    If we had a club name would you feel better?
    I stated what my involvement was. We have volunteers doing other tasks. One is updating the HAMB.

20. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

why did you send flyers out saying that certain clubs were involved when in fact they werent?

nobody would have a problem with your show if you had not been dishonest from the get go.

21. jalopyfest

jalopyfest
    from Morris, Il

Less than a week to go. Had many requests for swap meet spots this last couple of weeks & have most everything in place for next weekend!

"Krank Daddy's" will be playing Friday night at "The Red Cent" in Morris.
    They will again play at the Speedway Saturday along with "Pearls Mahone"
    Saturday night at "Boondocks" in Seneca come enjoy "Iron Horse". They made the top 48 in Americas Got Talent and really get the crowd involved.
    Come see them at the Speedway again Sunday!

22. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

Not gonna give us an answer????

23. luckys8ba

luckys8ba

I have a simple solution to everyone complaining about this...Stay home and work on your cars and dont support it.

24. And we were going to go why? I think most of us will be going to the REAL DEAL Oct 9th.

25. silent rick

silent rick

that's what everybody i've talked to had decided to do a long time ago. i was just trying to figure out why this show was so hated from the start. every time i asked about it, the walls of secrecy went up. are you one of the guys who's putting this on pat?

26. big bad john

big bad john

WOW......Just a few more days.........Hope it goes better than last year.....Boy, that was a mess:mad:

27. I sent you a pm last week.

28. Hank

Hank
    from Wisconsin

What do you mean last year? This is the first time for Jallopyfest.

Just to reiterate The Hunnert Car Pileup is in Oct.

29. cozee

cozee

Dang, just found this thread. I am looking for a late 30's - early 40's cab but I gotta work this weekend. Already sent ya a pm.

And if there are those who want someone to yell at for hosting this event, what the hey, yell at me for what it is worth! As long as the event is a success and attendees have a great time, what difference does it make? It is the attendees who make it or break it and competition does nothing but force an event to progressively get better or grow stale. There is enough division in this ol' world and the way things are going, big brother will continue to try to take our rides away from us. Now, more than ever is the time for rodders of any and all genres to band together, to speak as one. As for me, I appreciate any iron, whether a daily or trailered, shiney or rusted, modern racer or a busted relic, as they are all someones efforts and visions in one way, shape, or form . This is what events should be all about; not one of taking sides or pointing fingers. If I want to see that, I'll watch soap operas.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2010
  30. c-dan

c-dan
    from Illinois

Well said cozee. Come get this 42 truck cab so I dont have to drag it to a show Have too many cars and not enough drivers so one less thing to take would be great. I messaged ya with my phone # give me a call