Register now to get rid of these ads!

Attn: Kiwi's - ChCh earthquake

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bardahl1, Sep 3, 2010.

1. bardahl1

bardahl1

If any of our Kiwi friends get any info on our Pals from ChristChurch - Craig, Harry Orpwood, Kermit, Scavengers, Garden City Rodders, etc. please post and let us know. It seems that it was a serious earthquake and was right under Craig's house.

Thanks!

some pics of ChCh.....

Attached Files:

2. 35desoto

35desoto

i'M IN AUCKLAND NOT CHRISTCHURCH HOWEVER THE NEWS IS 7,3 ON THE RICTER SCALE 30 MS DOWN IN THE EARTH AND 30 MILES WEST OF CHRISTCHURCH
    NO LOSS OF LIFE BUT MAJOR POWER OUTAGES, WATER MAIN PIPES BROKEN AND SHOP FRONTS HAVE COLLASPEDE. LOCAL POLICE HAVE CLOSED CHRISTCHURCH CENTRAL. I'M IN TRANSPORT AND OUR TRUCKS ARE SAFE BUT WITHOUT POWER WE HABVE NO SECURITY ON THE ELECTRIC FENCES. LOTS OF STUFF BROKEN IN MY WORK MATES HOUSE, CHRISTCHURCH AIRPORT IS CLOSED TO ALL FLIGHTS - DOMESTIC AND INTERNATIONAL

3. 35desoto

35desoto

Update - civil defense process instigated around 7am. Massive clean up needed

4. 35desoto

35desoto

I see another thread has started that shows somwe photos of the damage
    Never thought Christchurch would get this type of damage - Wellington in the NI yes
    2 people seriously injured and even the Port of Lyttelton (major port for Christchurch) has suffered
    State of emergency declared

5. farcus1

farcus1

I haved a good friend that lives in Cambridge on the NI. Jim Hanam, hot rodder from the old skool like hambers. Sorry to hear of the SI problems.

6. 97

Craig has lost a lot Gary , hotrods damaged ,model collection , and collectibles pictures etc all of the walls and broken, cars fallen over in barn/house, etc etc. Cell site are on emergency power so coverage is minimal, dunno if his house phone is working, but a lot of Rolleston is in a mess...sewage, water and power all out.
    Gary, I am sure he would appreciate a call once the infrastructure is back up and running.

7. bardahl1

bardahl1

Talked to a friend in Dunedin who spoke with Craig (aka Stottle aka Stare aka.....)

Said Craig is a little shook up, the house/barn/shed may have some structural problems, and all of Craigs stuff in the shed and house is a train wreck. No water, no power, no phone/internet.

For those that don't know, Craigs house/shed is the super cool, if unfinished, dream home for most HAMBers. Its a tilt up in the shape of a barn, with old wood applied to the sides. The footprint is maybe 4000 sq ft with the entire ground floor a shop and above it living area. He's been working on it for years, never seems to finish, but loves it.

We hope he and the others, as well as all of the great cars down there, are doing well as can be.

A few more pics of my last trip to Craigs house....

Attached Files:

8. KUZTOM

KUZTOM

Been to see Craig , he got hit real hard ,its all a bit of a mess , hes very gutted.The Barn is Ok , Just every thing inside is 'down'........

9. RussTee

RussTee

Hi guys here in Christchurch things are a mess I lost a chimney and my hot water cylinder center of town is decimated roads cracked some areas the ground liquified they estimate damage may be over a billion dollars but nobody killed so far

10. my thoughts go out for all the people of canterbury. no damage over this side of the isle, but we sure felt it. looks like theres been looters out already, so keep those sheds buttoned up guys.

11. woodbox

woodbox

I was just wondering if maybe the cause of the earthquake was the excessive density of COOL STUFF in one central location......Craigs barn!!??

I all seriousness, it sounds like all hell broke loose down there.......and the after shakes are still going on!
    Our thoughts are with you all.:)