Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects My '59 El Camino - 8-13-11 - It's Finally Done

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hemifarris, Sep 2, 2010.

1. Love it Mike, and yeah still want it:D

2. enloe

enloe
    from east , tn.

Very cool car

3. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Well, bonner is a, well fuck I don't know. I know a boner is what a guy gets when he sees a very sexy woman or a very sexy 59 Elcamino all dressed in black!

Fuck it Mike, I said the 1st time you posted a pic of it that I hated you. Now I hate you in greater detail! BWWAAHAHAHAHAA!!! :D:D:D:D:D

4. Love the small hub caps. They must be rare. Super clean machine, and A/C in a black car is a great thing. You've got the details down pat.

5. wow, that thing is amazing.

6. Lobucrod

Lobucrod
    Alliance Vendor
    from Texas

Only think I dont like it that lisence plate. It ought to say Texas and be registered to me!

7. bobo

bobo
    from New Jersey

One super slick ride. I love the look of black cars, black rims and black wall tires!

8. hemifarris

hemifarris

Thanks, I had to have a certain look. N.O.S. '59-'62 dog dish have become extremely rare and perfect original ones are as well. I bought an N.O.S. set and a perfect set(which included 2 new ones) from an old man that's had them for over 25 years. I say "old man" and I'm 64:D They're BIG MONEY for new ones and close to it for mint ones. I looked everywhere and returned several $300.00-400.00 junk sets because they were junk. Mine are absolutely flawless. They're expensive as they were poverty caps on full size Chevrolets, the standard cheapo......BUT, they were the hub caps that came standard on the Corvettes with the "big brake" option, hence the big time cost.............Mike
    [​IMG]

9. Antny

Antny
    BANNED
    from Noo Yawk

Stunning. Simply stunning.

10. 4HawkRod

4HawkRod
    BANNED

one word

SUPERB

11. Simple, elegant, clean, stunning - only problem, I don't own it! Great looking ride - you done good!

12. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Beautiful El Camino. And I really like the small hubcaps. You did a great job with it.

13. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

very nice... and classy... and tasteful...

14. hemifarris

hemifarris

Thanks for the kind comments regarding my El Camino.

I apologize for some of my picture being excessively large. I just learned how to post larger pics......Mike

15. fleetside66

fleetside66

Beautiful restoration! Maybe your HAMB should be should be "Triple Black?" Seriously, I love the look, but do you ever get the urge to see what a set of wide whites would look like on one or all of your rides?

16. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

You're a man after my own heart, Mike! I love this El Camino and think that the killer black paint along with the meaty blackwall radials and poverty caps just finish it off beautifully........I would be proud to cruise around in that thing.........kudos!!

CB

17. nowaxn5

nowaxn5

You have a great eye Mike. Perfect.

Will we see it at the autorama?

18. veedolpaul

veedolpaul

Long, low and black. Very nice!

19. hemifarris

hemifarris

My HAMB name came from my rotisserie restored '65 Plymouth hemi Belvedere sedan....As far as whitewalls on some of my cars,I've been there, done that. My '34 has been in my possesion since 1959 and had whitewalls for 46 of those years.I can always re-install them if I choose to. Many of the old cars I own have whitewalls.....and quite a few don't. I"ve always built them MY WAY and I've never worried what others think....I like to travel to the beat of my own drummer.;)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Totally rad, poverty caps and AC, like mumuus and diamond rings.
    Your truck is dead on gorgeous, I love it.

21. slobroy

slobroy

beat that drum man, beat that drum!!!

22. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

Oh yeah, I have blackwalls on my 60 Chevy wagon even though everyone says whitewalls would look better, I just like 'em.

23. Butch M

Butch M

Super clean very very nice.....

24. Toner283

Toner283

Wow, your 34 looks like an entirely different car with the cream wires & wide whites.

25. hemifarris

hemifarris

I know it does Tone. I still have the wheels and tires so I can change it back if I want. I just DON'T want.....Thank you again for the pics.......Mike.... P.S......Be sure you start a wish list of parts you're gonna need for yours and I'll see what I can do. My El Camino whitewalls, wheels and caps aren't going anywhere either in case you want them later. I had them for sale on here but nothing but kickers so I cancelled the ad.

26. What a great 59 elky , the first and best of the el camino's , thanks for sharing ,,,,

27. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Nice ElCamino.....

Nice Collection.....

28. -Brent-

-Brent-

...and it's got an intimidating look about it.

Well done. It's a nice addition to the collection of cars you've got.

29. kingpins

kingpins

super nice ride man!....

30. hemifarris

hemifarris

In 1959 Chevrolet didn't offer a black interior. My '59 is running 1960 black/white houndstooth interior........excuse the towel:)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]