Register now to get rid of these ads!

Bruce Meyer's Red 32 3 window??

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kid Rocker, Aug 27, 2010.

1. weez

weez

I did a painting of the red coupe for Bruce shortly after he bought it, I asked him if it was the one in R&C with the *whatever* wheels on it and he said no- Maybe he didn't know- Glad it has better wheels on it now, it had smoothies with whitewalls back then.

There's a very similar car in NZ owned by Grease Martin that he built in the 80's. Awesome car. I don't have any pics though-

2. Deuce Bruce

Deuce Bruce

Glad to help with Bruce Meyer's '32...
    These were taken Memorial Day 2010
    God Bless America!!!

Attached Files:

3. weez

weez

Man, it looks great now Bruce!

need louvers ? likes this.
  4. alchemy

alchemy

Yes, it's the same car. I remember seeing it at the Nationals in Columbus (1982?) and drooling down the door as I looked at the full-width SW gauge panel and all the winged gauges. How many red 32 3W's with Arduns and a dash full of winged Stewart Warners? Probably only a dozen. :)

As for the light blue car mentioned above, are you guys talking about the one featured in an issue of Classic & Custom from about 1980? I remember idolizing that car back then as well. Would love to hear it is in the same condition still.

5. mickeyc

mickeyc

Check out the book " Little Duece Coupe" It has a short feature on this coupe and some info on the motor and builders. I don't have the book close by at the moment but can look it up when I get home.

6. Louie

Louie
    from NJ

yep that the one,looks exactly the same last time I saw it but unfortunately a bit worse shape.

7. OhioRiv

OhioRiv

Love this car. I remember it best when Tim Benish had it in Pittsburgh (RIP). Bunch of the other people here seem to know more of the history than me, though.

8. sr

sr
    from Monterey

I saw the car in R&C and called Benish. Turns out he had just sold the car about 2 weeks before I called him! I dont recall the time frames, all I know was that I missed out on a very nice coupe. This was before it had an Ardun. But I am old and cant recall things well.....

9. tinmann

tinmann

I'm going out on a limb here and guess that Deuce Bruce is in fact, Bruce Meyer. Welcome Bruce. Join date 2008..... post total 2..... pace yourself big fella..... you don't want to be branded as a chatterbox, do you?

You do have good taste in cars though.........

10. ohiohotrods

ohiohotrods

i believe it was in rodders journal a while back??

11. [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Here's the Gary "Grease" Martin version from Hamilton New Zealand which weez refers to

Sent from my iPhone using The H.A.M.B. mobile app

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  12. bowie

bowie
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

ALL very neat 3W's....love em all!

13. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Very cool.

The Bruce Meyer 3W was once owned by a local friend.

Jay

14. bschwoeble

bschwoeble

The Bruce Meyer "32" was built in western Pennsylvania by Tim Bennish (?). What a character. He died way too soon. I think he lived in Jeanette,PA.