Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do men call cars with women"s name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big bad john, Aug 29, 2010.

1. Satinblack

Satinblack

Good one, never thought to name a car after person u bought it from, glad I bought the 58 from a lady named Barbara. So Barbara it is :)

2. 69fury

69fury

I dont have a name for the Falcon gasser i'm putting together and it really bothers me. first time i've not had a name for a car...

-rick

3. Bloodandmotoroil

Bloodandmotoroil
    BANNED

my trucks are bastards and my cars are bitches, cause i work with my trucks and fuck around with my cars.

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I don't name cars, but if I did they'd all be called "Honey". Learned the hard way about calling one woman another woman's name at the worst possible moment, and I swear cars seem to be just as tempermental.:eek:

5. fulltimeforester

fulltimeforester
    from california

In an old Our Gang Comedy the rich kid explained," Things of beauty grace and speed are often referred to in the feminine gender". That works for me.

6. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

My truck didn't have a name ... but my Pontiac is named after the original owner who drove it for 45 years. Viola. :D

7. Road Runner

Road Runner

My buddy calls his 61 GMC 1-ton truck Ethyl.

I don't have names for mine, but if anybody would ask me about HER name, I'd say Hermaphroditus.

8. geezerkat

geezerkat

Cuz that bitch is always fuckin me.

9. ol gasser

ol gasser
    from here

In the 60s and 70s everybody i knew in IL. and N.J. named theres after a song.But then again we were hard core Racers Never seen a car named after a girl . But then again i never seen girls with tats back then. Or a gasser on every other block.

10. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

For me, anyways, cars are inanimate objects. I feel no need to resort to anthropomorphism. Gender specific names and emotions are for people, not things.

Let's not even get into what psychologists have to say folks who do it.

11. Muttley

Muttley

Surprisingly enough I refer to my Comet as "The Comet". :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I will go against the grain here though, I've always thought giving your ride a womans name was gay. Hot Rods are supposed to be mean and nasty not cute. How tough can your ride be if its named Betty Lou. [​IMG]

12. Lotek_Racing

Lotek_Racing

My beater pickup/parts chaser got named "Pig"

I guess it might be an ex-girlfriends name..

13. mackster

mackster

Because cars are like girls!!! iAs soon as you ride one, you want to ride them all! :D

14. evol55

evol55

My cars name is Rosey for the song the Wanderer "With a Rosey on my chest." I name my cars after women. One day they can be the best thing ever , then the next day the can be a real b#tch.

15. Von Rigg Fink

Von Rigg Fink
    from Garage

I dont do this, maybe its because i was brought up in a house full of women, and now i live in a house full of women..what the hell do i need to name my 4 cars womens names?
    the chevy is the chevy, the Model A is the model A the charger is the charger ,..the bikes are harley and ural..etc..why make your life more difficult than it has to be?..hahaha

but i do subscribe to the fact that if its got wheels or tits, its bound to bing you fits

16. Bruce A Lyke

Bruce A Lyke

of the 40+ cars i have had, only one had the name of a person and it was a 1968 Belair we called Nelie. back in the 70's i had a brown Plymouth Savoy which got named after the band "Savoy Brown",

Like Muttley, my current project is just "The Nomad" and the rest are just my car, the Truck, my wife's car or "the XYZ"

17. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

On the other hand, imagine the guy who had to admit he'd just got his ass kicked by 'Betty Lou".:eek::D

18. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

Fair enough, but what about the customs?

19. our cars are named after women because when they unexpectedly break down we can be heard yelling, "son of a BITCH"!

20. rosco gordy

rosco gordy

I,ll tell ya what when my ride broke on the line this weekend I was not calling it a girl name, one of the guys at the track wrote "cristine" on the side of it, 4 yrs broke every year on the line got er fixed 17 passes sun ..............happy boy...ooops...... old guy

21. I'll put it here in writing for all to see, it's the same thing I've told all my friends.

If I ever start referring to any of my cars by a womans name or refer to "IT" as she . . . . . . . .

YOU HAVE MY PERMISSION TO PUNCH ME IN THE THROAT !

:D

22. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

X2 for me.

23. Paul

Paul
    Editor

yes you can name your custom a with a girl's name
    because face it, customs are gay.

not that there is anything wrong with that :)

24. BigRed390

BigRed390

We all call the Galaxie "Red" or "Big Red." Occasionally it gets called "The Red Car", as if I had more cars in different colors. I don't. But the car is an "it", not a she. I'm from the South. I don't believe in giving women anywhere near the beating or cussing I give Red. :D

25. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

If customs are gay, then call me.... ummm nevermind.

btw my car is named Lowla.

26. devilscustom

devilscustom
    from Sweden

Because cars and women need a lot of TLC :)

27. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

that's cool Bryan

28. canman

canman

Just think of it this way. Something with a woman's name that doesn't talk back or think it's smarter than you and your friends.

29. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

30. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

My car's called Pat.