Register now to get rid of these ads!

Why do men call cars with women"s name?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by big bad john, Aug 29, 2010.

1. historynw

historynw

I call my Plymouth "large Marge" the party barge. It strange but some locals even tell me, I saw you out with "large Marge". Its a 73 and she treats me well. I haven't come up with ones for my other cars except money pit....I'm thinking "High Maintaince" would work.

2. aar0s

aar0s
    from So.Il.

because we love 'em both and they are both money pits, thats my reason anyway.

3. t-rod

t-rod

My wife calls the roadster Miss Tress.

4. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

When you spend the kind of time with them that most of us do what else do you suggest we call them......................BOB!!!:rolleyes:

Frank

5. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

i don't name my shit . I talk in my sleep.
    and

6. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

no names here , i think the ole lady has my truck bugged.

7. 1 shot

1 shot
    BANNED

Ya always call your car a girls name if ya call it any *nods*
    Try picking up a chick in a car named "Herbert", or "Darrel" lmfao!

1shot

8. firingorder1

firingorder1

Lets face it. A '32 coupe named "Bruce" just doesn't cut it.

9. ironpile

ironpile

My truck is tentativly named HENWAL in honor of Henry Ford and Walter P. Chrysler. A 48 Ford !/2 ton with all Chrysler running gear plus a few GM parts for equal rights.

10. Vergil

Vergil

No gender here --- '37 Chevy is Excedrin #1, '31 Coupe is Excedrin #2 and '30 pickup is Excedrin #3

Vergil

11. I always refer to my rides as gals ! ... look at some the nose art on WW II aircraft, The Memphis Belle, Strawberry Bitch...it goes on they depended on those planes (and the flight/ squadrons to get them home, a Little Lady Luck..)

12. ironfly28

ironfly28
    from Orange, CA

Because they're a pain in the ass that usaually end costing you alot of grief and money but we just can't seem to get enough of them.

13. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Cuz you can beat on it all you want and yell you #?*!'n peice of crap and the D.A. can't do a thing about it. I am talking car here.

14. What he said!

15. flypa38

flypa38

Before I bought my '56 Pontiac, a kid put her through a telephone pole and the bumper had a butt chin.........So I named her Lili after Lili St. Cyr the burlesque/pinup queen with a butt chin.
    Honestly though, look at warbirds' nose art (along with ships as mentioned earlier) and you'll see it's nearly always a girl's name. They didn't call the WW2 vets the greatest generation for nothing, so why not take a hint from what those guys did when naming whatever it is you ride, fly, or sail!

16. true so very true

17. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

I call my Nomad "the Nomad" and my '47 Ford coupe "the coupe."

I guess I'm not very imaginative but I've never given a name to an inanimate object.

18. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Because, "I am riding Janet," is cooler in a guys mind than "I am riding my model a." It's sex and it is psychology. Like the big swinging thing theory.... I can go on for hours. To a man's intuition it sounds better and it gets his creative juices flowing. For those that don't fit into that category, there is always the "he did it, and he did too, so now I do it," also known as the bandwagon approach. Plus "my role model did it." Extra influences any role model type of interaction which then adds to the bandwagon effect. It's like I said, psychology. :rolleyes:

19. Because your car is just like your woman. You tear it up when you first get it and you never stop working on it.

20. BulldawgMusclecars

BulldawgMusclecars

I used to call my Camaro by my ex-wife's name, because she was a bitch who took all my money.

21. Da Tinman

Da Tinman

No way, my wife called the shoebox Shirley on the way home one night,, goddam fuel pump quit and nearly left us stranded, pretty sure it's not a girl.

22. themodernartist

themodernartist

This is Dave! I had so many parts in it from Dave's Napa Auto Supply, I just named it Dave. The store owner always had a smile when I came in after that and would allow me to take home parts to try out without having to put up a deposit before I knew if it would work.
    47Fordlowered.jpg

This one is Lola my '51 Hudson! As the song goes, "What ever Lola wants Lola gets!"
    hudson3a.jpg

23. ajwhiskey51

ajwhiskey51

I used to call my 49 Lumpy cause of all the shitty bodywork the prior owner blessed me with.

24. Not here. I give my cars the name of the person that I bought it from. My current fleet consist of Paul, Elmo, Doug, and Gary. Just haven't bought any cars from a woman !!! >>>>.

25. hdeziii3

hdeziii3

Because its SEXY

26. 296 V8

296 V8
    BANNED
    from Nor~Cal

Why's my GF call her jeep john?

27. budd

budd

i just find it weird that people name there cars at all, whats with that anyway?

28. rainhater1

rainhater1
    BANNED
    from az

We have a 38 Chev and a 41 Packard, one is blue girl, the 38 and the 41 is duke given by my wife and it seems right to me.

29. H3O

H3O

cuz it'd be gay if i was riding a man!!!

30. wsdad

wsdad

I named mine BUC so my wife wouldn't get jelous when I spent time with it. It actually works.

I understand it's an inanimate object and so does she (I think!) but, God help her, she's just not always logical.

By the way, "BUC" stands for, "Big Ugly Car."