Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration >>>> Friday Art Show 8/27/10 <<<<

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 Corvette ~ Bob, Aug 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Something like this... (Hurst mags of course.)

[​IMG]

Here's the car by itself...(20 minute sketch)

[​IMG]

2. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Shot these at a hotel during the 2010 N.S.R.A. Nationals. Don't know who's striping it is, but I liked it.

Attached Files:

3. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

You started it - Now you have to finish it - Need to see where Beta got to

4. Okaly-dokaly...

When last I posted vehicles from this series, I put up a boxy set of NASCAR like 1980's styled BETAs. On a traditional hot rod forum, mind you...
    Now we enter the murky waters of the 90's and beyond...

You know, - - - on second thought, ... I think I should make you wait for the book...

5. Check back later, I need to feed my son some pizza...

6. RAT "T"

RAT "T"

7. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

OK.....I think he's Just teasing us now!

& what happened to the rear view of that Tiger suit?

8. Pontiac Slim

Pontiac Slim
    Member Emeritus

Don't know if this fits etc but here are a couple of awards that I made for our local rod run. The one one the right was in memory of our daughter
    Pontiac Slim

9. That's to keep you guessing at the number of stripes....

As I was saying... After the wild success of the BETA 12 and specialty vehicles like the Regatta X/P Sport Coupe and the BETA RTS a collective hush fell over the country, maybe even the world, as rumors filtered into the air of the BETA's possible demise. Read on ...

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

10. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

11. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

12. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Wanted to thank widewhitewalls for the great job he did for us this past week..........
    I have not been able to look at the Friday art show for a while - looks like even MORE great artists are getting on here - that is GREAT!

13. KustmAce

KustmAce

Thanks guys, much appreciated!

OLLIN - I'm working on the sketch for the muscular system... ;)

Also of note, it's in the classifieds :)

Tim

14. Thorkle Rod

Thorkle Rod

15. ArtGeco

ArtGeco
    from Miami

Finally something Rat Fink that I like
    (aside from the original of course).
    That's slick!

Edit: I just saw that i wasn't the only who
    likes this take on an otherwise played out theme.
    Again, kudos.

16. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

No, you didn't meet me. The respectful thing to have done would have been to introduce yourself before you intrude into somebody else's photoshoot in progress and poach pictures.

17. ToddJ

ToddJ
    from Marion, IA

Little late to the party, here's a few from me! Great show this week!

[​IMG]

And my tee design, medium grey on black tees! $20...pm me if you'd like one...I will have em at the Hunnert.

[​IMG]

18. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Nice stuff Mr Jones!

19. PRO 48 fleetline

PRO 48 fleetline
    BANNED
    from ohio

Trailer for a local Harley shop wrapped entire trailer.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. chrisclarkcustoms

chrisclarkcustoms
    from las vegas

Attached Files:

21. Last edited: Aug 28, 2010
  22. pro1street

pro1street

[​IMG]
    Now that's some awards to strive for,very nice.

23. lowshow

lowshow
    from CANADA

Great show everyone...thanks for posting! Very inspiring.

24. Pontiacres Ranch

Pontiacres Ranch

Here's another one I just finished up for a guy in NJ with a Bill Karft Ramler - Preston Honea '65 "Hemi Marlin" Gasser Clone. 11 Inch U.S. 30 Patch. Preston Honea went up against the Dick Lohr's 427 "Stampede" Mustang at U.S. 30 Sunday-Sunday-Sunday October 10, 1965.

[​IMG]

25. RalphyBoy161

RalphyBoy161

26. rusty76

rusty76
    from Midway NC

Looks like it was a good Friday. Cool.

27. notrod13

notrod13
    from long beach

slow your roll man ... I did introduce myself and asked if i could take a snapshot, all the guys and I am assuming you, that were standing around said no problem ... I didnt even walk up with my camera in hand ... I spent a few minuites bullshitting with a few guys then went on my way .... maybe you should have told me it was a closed set when everyone said "I dont mind..." hell i didnt even look through the camera with this perticular shot ...

respectfully I deleted my picture never to be seen again so you dont have to worry about it ....

hugs and kisses

28. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Its a strange phenomenon that seems to have happened to me the last 2 out of ten years I have been to Bonneville. I arrange a shoot with an owner of a particular vehicle, roll the vehicle out at an agreed time, start shooting, and out of nowhere cameras come rolling up and start shooting away. Many of these are other professional photographers with media passes. This year was the worst I had ever seen it. Every single car I shot had other media photographers come rolling up to shoot the car I was currently shooting. Im just wondered what happened to professional courtesy?

The owner of the streamliner wanted every media agency to take pictures of it, I did say to the first few photographers who showed up, that I didn't want them taking pictures on my time at my arranged shoot. He (the owner) however over ruled me and said everyone was welcome to shoot it. I have no problems with other photographers shooting the same vehicle, we all do, I just want them to do it on their time and with their arrangements. I never roll into another photographers area and start shooting his or hers subject.

I kept my mouth shut during that particular moment because I didn't want to make a scene or spread any ill feelings, but I was mad there were so many other photographers who came rolling up. When I get mad I clam up, better not to say things or do things you will regret later. Only when I've had a chance to think things out with a level head do I say things. I didn't know who you were until you posted on the HAMB art show or I would have spoken to you privately and explained the situation.

With all that said, next time stop by and say hi, if you even need help say a reflector holder or somebody to move lights etc, I've helped other photographers in the past when I had idle time.

I plan on bringing a sign with me next time letting people know they are welcome to hang out , but no photos please.

Hugs and kisses XOXOXOXOX.

29. Coupe-De-CAB

Coupe-De-CAB
    from Nor Cal

Buick59,
    If... "The owner of the streamliner wanted every media agency to take pictures of it"

that's between you and the owner of that car, not other media photographers at Bonneville.

I think that if you want to arrange a private shoot, you may need to "professionally" arrange (explain) that with the owner of the car as well.

" He (the owner) however over ruled me and said everyone was welcome to shoot it."
    your problem is with the owner of the streamliner... not with TIM.

Remember... without the subject matter, you have no photo that everyone else is trying to get.

Maybe it's you that needs to ask permission from the owner of the cars you shoot, if you can be the "only one" to shoot the car?

...then there's no problem nor is there any drama afterwards.

30. Buick59

Buick59
    from in a house

Like I said in my post:

"I have no problems with other photographers shooting the same vehicle, we all do, I just want them to do it on their time and with their arrangements. I never roll into another photographers area and start shooting his or hers subject. "

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.