Register now to get rid of these ads!

Making a Beautiful Roadster (progress pics)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by ThirdGen, Jul 4, 2010.

1. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Keeping pictures limited now. I want to get you guys anxious. :D
    Less than two more days away.

Getting race ready

[​IMG]

Trying not to show too much but heres a shot of where she's been living. The roadster gets to live with some pretty cool roommates.

[​IMG]

My Dad and I left Rayz and headed south. We went down to a friend and customers of Rayz. He is being very kind and letting me barrow his mock-up plastic Hemi block for my presentation display. It also comes with plastic heads, re-chromed valve covers, finned valley pan, and a new oil pan. Hell of a guy. And coincidentally today was the day he was going to fire up his rail. Alcohol-fed-blown-Hemi powered Rail three years in the process of being restored to as it would of been scene in 1969. The rail was called "the spirit". He also has all of the tin that surrounds the chassis. The thing was wild!

Pops taking a seat in the rail, with Pete standing beside.

[​IMG]

Not every day you get to see this view

[​IMG]

Through out this build I have met some incredible people, who are just willing to help, just for the love of Hot Rods. It has been an incredible experience, and I owe a lot of thanks to ton of people. Thank you everybody!

More pictures tomorrow.

-Josh

2. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

BillyBobsSpeedShop - I'd like to see some pictures of that build! Did you end up having a senior show? If so how'd that end up going for you?

Kingpins - Thanks for the kind words. Checked out your profile. Nice artwork! That modified you got is pretty darn cool. Nice and low slung. I like it.

Thanks guys

3. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Well its been almost 2 weeks since I last posted, and I'm proud to say that the Design show went really well. I got a lot of good comments and had some great conversation with some great people. The question of the night was "how'd you get this in here?", that got old quick, haha. But over-all it was a great night.

Here are some pictures of the day we got it "done" (for the show):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Loading it up, off to Boston bright and early the next morning

[​IMG]

Can't beat that excited face

[​IMG]

Arrived in Boston at 6:45 (left our house in Maine at 4 AM)

[​IMG]

My dad and brothers first look at our first obstacle of getting this rod inside.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

This doorway way a bit tight

[​IMG]

Even more tight

[​IMG]

The doors didn't open up as wide as i thought they would've, so it wasn't going to fit.

[​IMG]

Plan B

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

All in and covered up by 8 A.M. Ten more hours 'till the start of the show

[​IMG]

We we're all pretty tired. My brother especially, haha. We put the trash can there to break his fall, haha.

[​IMG]

This is what my display looked like, didn't end up getting to many good pictures, I have to get some photos from my friends.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My buddy and I taking a celebratory cruise after the show

[​IMG]

The next morning when we were loading her back up to head home. A few shots of the car in front of Wentworth.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Tomorrow I'm bringing the car to an annual local car show, Down East Street Rods 37th annual rod run in Hebron, Maine. I'm anticipating what they'll all think of it.

I'll post some more pictures this weekend.

-Josh

5. -Brent-

-Brent-

Those pics of getting it into the building are hilarious!

6. kingpins

kingpins

i love the pic of it on its side getting slid through the door! awesome!

7. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

Awesome!!! I too love the pics of getting it into the building. Looks like that was the hardest task so far!

8. Sweet! :D

9. I too love the shots of it going in the building!

10. patman

patman

Love it...

You absolutely have to name it "Plan B" now.

11. What's this world coming to? :rolleyes: ... On the West Coast, Hot Rods invaded the hollowed 18th Fairway @ Pebble Beach ... and on the East Coast, a Hot Rod invaded the hallowed halls of an institute of higher learning ... too cool! :cool: :)

Josh (ThirdGen) - Didja get any pics of your entire display less the "distractions" (people, the blue recycling can, & the brown trash can)? ... Your (bare metal) roadster sitting in Wentworth's (wood-floored / panel-walled) Watson Auditorium would make for a very bitchin' image ... i.e., H.A.M.B. calendar material!

12. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

^^^Haha I'm not sure what the world is coming to, but I like it!

I was so pumped when I saw that class at pebble beach. Amazing vehicles. Pure inspiration for what I'm trying to capture with this build.

I didn't get to many pictures of my own, but I have to get in contact with some classmates and professors. I believe they have some pictures with out all the distractions.

patman - "Plan B" I like that!

Thanks for all the comments guys

13. ZZ-IRON

ZZ-IRON
    from Minnesota

Cool build, getting it in that building was something else

14. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Josh, Your build is sure coming out great. The car is very low slung and looks like it was built for SPEED ! Looking forward to the completion of this one.

15. marioD

marioD

very interesting project!

go ahead i like what you did .....

Mario

16. terry48435

terry48435

you're a guy with some really great ideas..keep up the good work. I love it.

17. cball

cball

Great project, I will be following to see the progress, I look forward to seeing it complete.

18. zzford

zzford

Please don't take this as criticism as your car is absolutely a knockout. Looking at your side view, I think the lines would be better if at the rear of the hood, where the vent is, that line followed the same plane as the rear of the body. That is, of course, just a thought. I wasn't even going to post this but I thought if you agreed, now is the time to change it. Fred

19. meeksie

meeksie
    from Australia

Glad the event went well for you and all involved. The car looks great and has come along well from it's beginnings. I call your car 'Caddyscrap' when I think about it and you are inspiring me to think a lot more about my next build. Congratulations!! Can't wait to see it progress.

20. Very cool have you recieved your grade??

21. Hot Rodders is crazy peeple.
    Fabulous work/art/creation.

22. I like the innovation. That will be a cool lookin modified.

23. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hadn't checked in on this for awhile. WOW! That is SUPER cool! Great update!

24. Wow looks badass man cant wait to see it done...

25. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

no pics this time, left the camera in Maine, I'm back down in Boston packing everything up.

zzford - I understand what your saying, and that was part of the initial design, to incorporate a body line into the tub area. I drew up a few different looks, and we talked about a few different ideas, but than we came upon the simplicity of leaving it "bare", and leaving the bulge in the hood side allows for the vent detail.

RAZIN CAIN - I did receive my grade for the project. I got an A. I'm pretty pumped.

Thanks again for the kind words. The roadster got a lot of attention at the rod show last weekend. And I also got to meet a few of you guys in person, that was really cool. I'm now in the process of locating an engine and trans. Thats the next step. I'll keep you guys updated.

-Josh

26. DWBlietz

DWBlietz
    from California

first and second rules of hot rodding learn to scrounge and learn to weld then everything becomes easy DWBLIETZ:)

27. Those photos of you guys getting the roadster into the building are priceless! Congratulations on getting an A on the project and finishing up your B.A. in Industrial Design. Just a reminder, you've got six months to finish your roadster and find a job before you have to start paying back those pesky student loans.:D

28. Congrats on your A way to go cool car an killer project.

29. ThirdGen

ThirdGen
    from Wales, ME

Ain't this the truth. Hopefully I can get it done.

30. Purely awesome build! Subscribing to see more!