Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup *2 month warning* 10/9/10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 2, 2010.

1. robleticia

robleticia

Dimebag, don't forget my shirt!

2. ryno

ryno

i may of missed it, but what is the host hotel?
    or surrounding hotels?

3. Lucky77

Lucky77

I was planning on skipping this year. I work Friday, Saturday, Sunday the weekend of the show and would have to burn 3 days vacation to attend. I was going to bite the bullet and just say "not this year," but the pull of the pileup is just too strong. Put in for vacation and booked my hotel room yesterday. See everybody there!

4. SLAMED 59

SLAMED 59

can i get in the show with my 59 or should i just drive my beater
    [​IMG]

5. yngrodder

yngrodder

A little FYI If anyone is coming Thurs, Decatur is having there big cruise that night (Giving away a Roadster P/U) and there is a Thurs night after cruise Party at POP'S Bar with a Rock a billy band playing at the bar over the weekend as well.

6. We don't really have a "host" hotel. There are a bunch of us staying at the holiday inn, but almost all hotels are being used due to the volume.

http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/decatur/

7. ryno

ryno

thanks

8. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yep, you missed it, Ryno! :D Just stick with the big name hotel chains. They are all clustered together in Forsyth, on the North side of Decatur, about 5 minutes from Progress City where the show is.

9. No time this year unfortunetaly, but we'll try to make it next year. That outta be a nice drive from thr Bay Area.
    Good luck with the show however!!!!!!!

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

It's hard to say based on one picture alone. I always ask "Why do you think it might not get in?" Guys usually know if they have something that's not traditional.

At the inspection gate, the inspectors will walk around and check the car against the criteria http://www.hunnertcarpileup.com/criteria/ That includes the interior (digital gauges, billet stuff, etc) and since you don't have a hood, the engine bay (EFI, billet stuff, etc).

So, based on what I can SEE, I don't see anything that would keep it out, but it's hard to tell from a pic sometimes and ultimately it will be up to the inspection team. If you'd like to discuss it further, please PM me.

11. Hellfish

Hellfish

Yeah, Cruisin' Eldo is a big cruise night that's been going on since the 50's. They're going to have several stages set up with various types of music, and even a pin-up contest. They moved teh date of the cruise to coincide with the Pileup and to welcome us, so I hope a bunch of you come early. We'll be there.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Cruisin-Eldo/107773929243940

The RPU they're raffling off was a former HAMB Drags car and they'll be selling tix all weekend. They're drawing the winner at the Pileup. Proceeds go towards restoring the historic buildings in downtown Decatur.

http://www.decaturchamber.com/events/2010/07/20/stone-soup-hot-rod-raffle/

12. Mac_55

Mac_55

Counting down the days , been dreaming of attending this show for the last 6 years or so since i first heard about it . I am praying all goes well and the pileup makes decatur its official home.

Ive been so busy i didnt get the 55 4 door beyond cruiser stage so she is still pretty much stock configuration , i am deffinatley driving it up there but dont plan on entering or even trying to get it in the gate. Outside the gate is fine for my car aslong as i get in myself ha ha ha.

13. Mac_55

Mac_55

Hey hellfish , just for curiositys sake , I noticed a projects section . I got this 4 door 55 running to be a tow car for my gasser which because of a busy summer is still sitting with no motor . if i got them together , and i know this is a bad word but " trailered " my gasser in with the 4 door 55 in old race team style like i planned , would it be allowed into the project area ?

this is the two cars in question . If not you wont hear any pissing and moaning from me , planning on siging up for the redshirt army and offering my assistance where ever and whenever it is needed.

[​IMG]

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

Sent you a pm

15. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

Let's not forget that the new location will have INDOOR vendor area!
    Hope everyone will walk through the way they did back in Morris.

and in case anyone wanted to see some video from last year:

16. Hellfish

Hellfish

No mud this year either! It's all paved and grassy with excellent drainage.

The vendor building will be right next to all the other vendors. It's smaller, but has some really choice stuff again this year.