Register now to get rid of these ads!

misused discriptions that irritate or annoy you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fast67VelleN2O

Fast67VelleN2O

I hate it when people use the word "TRANNY" for a transmission. Seriously? Everytime someone says their tranny is slipping or their tranny is acting up I think they are talking about a chick with a dick. Why not use the word "TRANS" or just say transmission. The word tranny makes you sound like the typical cruise night wannabe.

2. rustdodger

rustdodger

It annoys ME when people call me "dude" :D! You're welcome,I had no idea so many others needed to vent on this topic. I'll have a hard time living down THAT misspelling. I'm a so-so speller at best BEFORE midnight and this thread was started after . You know you could just search using annoy...

3. HealeyRick

HealeyRick
    from Mass.

"Couldn't care less ..." How did this go from a traditional hot rod forum to a traditional English forum? And O/T, Alpha Romeo drives me nuts.

4. gimpyshotrods

gimpyshotrods
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Eschew obfuscation.

5. I bet you do :D

6. I saw a hot looking tranny today, wearing some tight Alpa Chinos. If you don't get the joke, watch Tropic Thunder.

7. RoddyB34

RoddyB34

I hate when they are selling for BEST OFFER ,,,is it best offer by a certain time or above an amount ,they know what they want just put your the price on it

8. MoonshineRoyal

MoonshineRoyal

I about laughed myself off the chair after reading that. I've read some stupid shit on Craigslist, but that one was good. At least it is easy to spot people who don't know dick about cars, when they type crap like that. Those people are always easy to take for a ride on the price.

9. When people call an ENGINE a motor. Or, "needs restored", or "needs painted". That's "needs TO BE restored", or "needs TO BE painted...ignoramus. How about "I'm wanting", as in "I'm wanting to buy", rather than "I want to buy", etc...

Last edited: Aug 21, 2010
  10. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

11. So this thread is about "discriptions" instead of "descriptions" ! I didn't catch that quick enough before falling in.

At first I thought I couldn't possibly care less about this than I already did, but now that I have been corrected I see that I should indeed care less and less about this until I stop reading it.
    Today I suppose I could have cared less and not posted at all, but I didn't. I must have cared a little.
    When I truly get bored with this, enough to stop reading or looking, THEN I won't be able to care any less about it.
    But for today, I suppose I COULD care less because I will go ahead read a few more posts....

(maybe tomorow I won't be able to care less and therefore will stop reading completely)
    Or maybe I couldn't care any less tomorrow than I do today, and will always care...

wait a minute...... that didn't work right...

Aw, who cares....

12. GaryB

GaryB
    from Reno,nv

blah..blah...blah

13. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

I could care less about this thread, but I keep getting drug back too it. I'm going to go read Craigslist, instead. I need to by a knew car, anyway. I hope to find a rat rod camara with a corvette engine that was running when parked. If I can't find a camara, maybe I can find a mint condition classic Pontiac Lemon with a big block 400 square inch motor (a stoked engine would be OK...it has to be motored up, though). I'd like to find one in a barn, and that is an unmolested all original with new paint and interior and a rebuilt edlebroke motor with ALL original miles. I did see a camara that I liked, but the add said "don't call unless serious". I was laughing so hard at the time, from his funny discription, that I couldn't be serious, so I didn't call. I did send a text message, though, asking if it was solid. The guy replied that is solid for a forty year old car. He said it was fast, to, because it has a turbo transmission. I'm not sure if I want it. I don't think its OG and it didn't have a pyroglide and all the hard work was not done...this car needs restored. He said it was best offer. btw wiiw? wwjd?

14. caletcb

caletcb
    from alabama

ive got a 64 comera gt fer sell with a 411 sq in big block. ran when parked in 1974. usual rust places. needs fixing up. has a turbo pyroglide tranny and a dual 4speed rear end. has new muffler bearings. need to sell quick baby on the way or will trade for a project car. really dont wanna sell so my loss your gain

15. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Just what I'm looking for! And your just over yonder, to! I love the power of the HAMB!

I've got a vintage antique mordoor 1977 Maverick muscle car for trade. Last year made! Their rare. you'll never see another one like it. 302 motor (just like a Mustang GT 5.O!). mordoor will be great for the baby. was running three years ago when it quit. Easy project. Its ready for paint. All the old paint has already flaked off. Its BYOB, so you'll have to bring your own battry. I wouldn't never sell it except that I've decided to go a different direction. It'll only go up in value. No title.

16. prost34

prost34

never fails,
    every time i am near a flathead powered car theres allways some dipshit that says outloud is "check out that hemi "!!:eek:

or balanced and blueprinted with 3/4 race cam,,(i allways ask where the other 1/4 went?)

every 350 chevrolet is a lt1 or a corvette engine (not motor,lol),,

every big block is a bored and stroked 454

every hot rod is a duece coupe, t bucket or if its unfinished its a rat rod,,

nitrous is noss thanks to fast and the furious,,

is that a kit car or fiberglass?? ,,,yea with i copied the look of dents and rust to look real!!,,idiot

and my personal favorite,,my old car has no body filler or "bondo" in it at all !!,,that one i can never bite my tongue being i am a bodyman,,

or how come chip foose can build a car in a week and it takes you 3 months????,,thanks overhaulin,,,:mad:

17. ClimisCD

ClimisCD

The ad for the Desoto I bought said things like, "REAL running Hemi", "100% complete. Ready for rebuild" and my favorite, " for you hot rod guys yes! it has a grille". This replacing every C with a K is getting out of hand too.

18. DITTO. However, I'm sometimes guilty of doing it. But, I apply it when I think it's "expected" so someone doesn't try to correct me

19. guy51usa

guy51usa

Just read an ad for 1955 chevy pickup rolling chassis for sale, sure had a nice body on it for a chassis.

20. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Some how I miss the point on this one. What is wrong with 392 hemi? As opossed to 392 International Harverster?

21. TR Waters

TR Waters
    from Vermont
    1. Early Hemi Tech

As opposed to a 241 270 276 291 330 331 341 345 354 hemi.

22. CONNMAN

CONNMAN
    from Lampe,Mo.

DIZZY !!! i guess being from the midwest and Alaska ,,that name NEVER was used for a Distributor ,,NEVER !!,,Who in the Hell Dreamed up that term ??,,
    Fer Sale , A Real Dual Point DIZZY !!,,,ya,,that tells me alot ,,

23. I forgot about this one.
    I see it all the time , usually on EGay where the uninformed wheeler dealers are.
    I even see it on the Pontiac sites once in a while.

For Sale, 66 GTO, 389 , Powerglide.

I guess it's assumed all 2 speed automatics are PG's .
    How about a 55 Ford or Plymouth, Powerglide, then?

24. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

-------------------------
    You didn't specify so I have to ask. Do you prefer that newly painted and reupholstered but still unmolested and all original OG, barn-find 'Camara' or 'Lemon' you're looking for, to have 'a Hurst racing transmission'
    or will a regular 'manuel' or 'atomatic' do? As for
    getting one with a 'Pyroglide', forget it! 'Pyroglides'
    are just 'special-built racing transmissions' and aren't legal for the street because they're for 'over 500 hp and torque' which as 'everyone nose' 'is two powerful to be legal', Also, 'just so you no two', 'edlebroke' motors and '400 square-inch, board and stoked big-blocks' are still ok and 'OG' but not as good or as 'OG' as a 'reel factry' 383 or 440 6-pack 'Hemi V6'. That's what you should get, especially if you buy a Camera or a Lemon. Also, be sure the 'knew car you bye,' whatever it is, even, if it has a '1/2, 3/4 or 7/8 race, 'Iskie, Crowler' or 'Illuminati' racing cam', krome re-serve wheels, 'noss' and 'duel exhaust" and 'Thrust mufflers on it, that it also has a 'bran new Cadillac coverter' and a new hi-rise 'center head' on it too.....or it might not pass your state's 'nocturnal emissions' test!!!:eek::eek::D

Mart3406
    =================

25. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

to the normal idiot on the street all model a and ts or cars of the sort are called roadsters, or rat rods.

26. derelict

derelict

"model A 5 window" No shit...

27. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Oh. Your saying that all hemis seem to be 392 Hemis to the seller. Close to true. But the last 392 I bought "had to be at least 500 cubic inches. Look at the size of it." By that reasoning my 352 packard must be over 700 inches.

28. deanopopino

deanopopino
    from Troy, MO

Hey! 28 pages and my favorite has yet to come up!

No title, But they're easy to get.

If they're easy to get, do it and THEN we'll talk about the car. From what I've seen, the farther you get from the last registered owner, the more "interesting" titling becomes.

30. I think the Aussies came up with that. The have dizzys, carbys, transys, they ride Trumpys and Matchys

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.