Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage Lakesters & Bonneville Racers @ Pebble Beach '10 ... PICS!!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HEMI32, Aug 18, 2010.

1. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

cool beans todd...

HEMI32 and kidcampbell71 like this.
  2. Rich Wright

Rich Wright

Great pictures.... Thanks for posting them...

HEMI32 likes this.
  3. oldandkrusty

oldandkrusty

Thanks for the photos. They are the best I've seen yet. Pebble Beach is most definitely on my Bucket List...

HEMI32 likes this.
  4. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

Very Very Nice , Thank You! ...........

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
    HEMI32 likes this.
  5. cuznbrucie

cuznbrucie

Thank you so much for the really good pics......this East Coast boy just can't make it out for the Pebble Beach show........your pics helped a lot!

CB

HEMI32 likes this.
  6. customcory

customcory

THose cars are so damn beautiful, the overcast, all makes for some damn good pics. I have been sending these Pebble Beach threads to a old guy my wife is currently been caring for. He grew up on the classics, Duesenburgs are his childhood favorites , and to him the world turns on them. He always wanted to go to Pebble Beach, and God knows he has the money to do it, his health won't let him go. He would fit right in with wine and cheese crowd!Thanks again!:D

HEMI32 likes this.
  7. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Thanks for posting the pictures but getting the history on the cars was awesome! The Beast III is a beauty from any angle.

HEMI32 likes this.
  8. Wow! Great pix! Good to see some real History at Pebble Beach. :D

HEMI32 likes this.
  9. Gaters

Gaters

I enjoyed seeing them all together and being a part of this prestigious meet. All these restored lakesters deserve the respect.

Nice post. Your organization and presentation of these cars matched the Pebble Beach stature.

HEMI32 likes this.
  10. 296ardun

296ardun

Thanks very much for posting, I never imagined that these cars would be restored and seen again.....but I am glad they made it to Pebble Beach, maybe next year when Pebble Beach features a different venue some can make it to Bonneville...(I think that the Tom Beatty tank was there last year on display?) It would be cool to see them at the salt....

HEMI32 likes this.
  11. lorodz

lorodz

great shots thanks for sharing

HEMI32 likes this.
  12. Thanks so much for putting that together. Awesome.

HEMI32 likes this.
  13. Great photos, thank you for sharing them. Was this the first time for the Lakesters & Bonneville class of Hot Rods at Pebble Beach?

HEMI32 likes this.
  14. I'm sure all of us would love to see these cars back on the Salt, but the reality is they were built to the standard of their time, and would seem slow and really unsafe today. One of the hotels in Wendover should be approched about having a special parking area for restored vintage racers.

Yes Payne, this was the first time Bonneville cars have been included at Pebble Beach. The folks who are in charge there have special classes each year, and this year was our turn. It could be many years before our type of cars are invited again.

15. J. Fitzhugh

J. Fitzhugh

Hemi32,

Outstanding photos! I know that Frank appreciates your photoshop correction of the car information sheet. It was fantastic to see these cars together, and it likely will not occur anytime again soon.

Thank you,

Jay

HEMI32 likes this.
  16. Pinstriper40

Pinstriper40

17. It is cool to hear Art talk about what it was like going over 200 in this car.He makes you laugh when he tells it.It was cool to see this at the chrismas party right after they found it and before it was redone and painted.Looks real good on the green.

HEMI32 likes this.
  18. Tom davison

Tom davison
    from Phoenix AZ

Great shots. Thanks

HEMI32 likes this.
  19. Deathtrap Kustoms

Deathtrap Kustoms

Dana Fuller, one of the drivers of Beast III was in the film business in the Bay Area for many years, I leased Camera Dollies from him. Once when I was in his huge shop I looked up on top of a steel sheving unit and I saw Beast III. I said, hey Dana is that an LSR car? He said yes that he had the world record for diesel powered cars and that it was for sale. The engine was sitting on the ground where we were standing, a GMC truck motor. How much I asked. $2,500 he said. Had I known I could get it into Pebble Beach, with a LITTLE restoration, I wouldn't have passed. Dana was an heir to the Fuller paint fortune, a bit excentric to say the least!

20. fuely32

fuely32

T.O.....Thanks for the great coverage.....fuely32

HEMI32 likes this.
  21. cool37

cool37
    from SoCal

awesome coverage!

22. For those who don't know what Pebble Beach's 18th fairway and green looks like, here's a shot I took off of their official web site. From the vehicle on the ramp, back to the end of the show field is about a 1/4 mile. The green is at the upper right in the photo. There were 253 cars in competition this year.

Attached Files:

23. cball

cball

great coverage, thank you

HEMI32 likes this.
  24. Thanks for posting Todd. I was waiting for Rich Venza to post pictures, but the old fart must have forgotten where he put his camera!!

HEMI32 likes this.
  25. Thanks HEMI32 for taking the time to post , that was great , this is an event I am coming back for one day , great pics ,

Thanks, Cad

HEMI32 likes this.
  26. I spent some time going back over HEMI32's photos, thanks again posting them. I think it awesome to see an unrestored hot rod like the Williams Bros. '29 roadster take 3rd in the Hot Rod class at Pebble Beach. It just goes to show you that you don't need to over restore a hot rod to place at Pebble Beach. That's just bitchin' in my book.

27. Dammit......if I'd known you were there I would have said hi!

28. sailingadventure

sailingadventure

Thanks for taking time and making the effort to include the histories with the pictures. It makes the pictures even more interesting.

HEMI32 likes this.

29. This was the car that needed the hubcap last week for the show....it was damaged in transit, and used to race with it fitted, hence the need for a replacement.

Mike & Chuck Longley restored the car from literally a pile of parts, the car had been cut in to pieces to fit down into a basement.... :eek:

Ken Crawford hadn't seen the car since the late 1940's and was reunited with it on Sunday at the show.

HEMI32 likes this.
  30. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Thanks for posting all of this. The pictures and words will have to do for me until I find a way to fulfill my bucket list.

Frank

HEMI32 likes this.