Register now to get rid of these ads!

Model box art in reality

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cut55, Aug 20, 2010.

1. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Just goofing off last weekend on the way to the local Tri-5 show. Mine is the red one and my buddy owns the orange one. I put the Revell 1964 kit on the trans hump ahead of the shifter during shows just to see how many older guys remember it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Rolleiflex

Rolleiflex

Fun pictures. Man do I miss living in the Issaquah area and hanging out at the Triple XXX.

3. Deuces

Deuces

How about a close-up of the box art??? Thanks! :) I have the latest Revell '55 Chevy kit that is going to be built as a gasser. That's going to be a winter project if I get the time...

4. Deuces

Deuces

By the way...... Those 2 chevys look sweeeet! :D

5. Thumper

Thumper

A pair of kick ass 55's.......awesome. If those don't get your heart pumpin.....nothing will. :D

6. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Thats a cool idea, i usually place a magazine from 61 on my dash or parcel shelf showing a similar car to my own on the cover.
    I'm not saying its my car there but its my way of setting the mood so people see it and go "Wow".

7. 55xgasr

55xgasr

Thanks for posting Bill - great shots...that model box art one turned out sweet! Thanks for getting together too... Great therapy to hang and talk cars on a Sunday. Oh yea and driving them too! Sorry about the tire smoke leaving the intersection...don't know what got into me.

8. Cut55

Cut55
    from WA

Yes, those two massive black marks you left in the intersection probably make the Honda Civic kids wonder how those marks were made. ;)