Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hunnert Car Pileup *2 month warning* 10/9/10

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Hellfish, Aug 2, 2010.

1. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

What is an "obvious reason" for not attending car shows??:confused:

2. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Fantastic artwork... LOVE the El Camino! Nice.

Looking forward to the weekend!

3. Hellfish

Hellfish

I was wondering the same thing.

4. lowpunk

lowpunk
    from berwyn, il

That's reason enought to take a long way home on Sunday!

5. Hellfish

Hellfish

Ruby Ann backed out, so we got someone better - The Bama Lamas! If you were lucky, you caught their garage & R&B howl at the 1st Hunnert Car Heads Up Drag race last year

[​IMG]

6. HFKND1

HFKND1
    from Peoria, IL

The Bombers are stoked to be associated with the show and running the swap this year. We have gotten several inquires in the last couple of weeks regarding space so we are hoping for a solid turn out for the first year back.

See you guys for the walk through.

Kip

7. Hellfish

Hellfish

You guys have been great taking over the swap. I'm sure it will be fairly small this year, but only really good stuff like in the past. It will grow from there. We have lots of room!

8. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Still working like hell to get the car back no the road for my second Hunnert, hopefully I won't blow my shit up on the way home like last year!!!!!

9. dimebag

dimebag
    from Joliet, il

Been looking all over the internet for a hotel, anybody local have good suggestions?? Just looking for a decent place to sleep & shower and don't want to worry about waking up to a missing or vandalized car-any help would be appreciated!!

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

There are a lot of nice hotels in Forsyth, which is sort of part of Decatur. It's a short drive to the fairgrounds and a short drive to Clinton (15 minute doing the speed limit) where the pre/post show parties are

11. 34Chrysler

34Chrysler

Got our airline tickets and counting the days!!
    I just signed up for the army!

12. CraigKrage

CraigKrage
    from central IL

Can I come to your Pile Party? :)
    Looking forward to it again.

13. Hellfish

Hellfish

Sure! We've been making piles fun since 2002. :D

14. Hellfish

Hellfish

Progress City staff will be selling beer, but they couldn't find PBR locally, so they're having a few hundred cases imported directly from the brewery in Milwaukee! Talk about fresh beer! Also, they'll be selling cans... none of that plastic cup crap.

15. lowelife

lowelife

I'm taking off early sat morning if you want to join let me know.

16. dogpatch customs

dogpatch customs
    from ohio

were leaving out of toledo that friday morning! cant wait,will be another great time i'm sure.

17. Hellfish

Hellfish

Toledo?! Wow! I love the long haulers.

18. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

I cant wait it will be my first pileup I am driving the van up from Texas

19. Hellfish

Hellfish

Great! Do you still want a vendor space?

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

....and I heard talk from Wisconsiners at the Symco show that it was going to be too far. Pussies.

21. Hellfish

Hellfish

I got scolded for saying the same thing, Plowboy. Then again, you're only 5 miles away! :D

Oh yeah, the Decatur Police and Sherriff Dept are working TOGETHER to help with traffic control all day and working WITH us to make sure that our plan is solid and we don't have a repeat of the past 3 years in Morris. Imagine that!

22. Well Plowboy, my rule is if you come to my show, I come to yours. Cheater Carl was at Symco, we go to Cheaterama. Kansas and DW were at Symco, I go to the Pileup. Long as I get support, I give it back. Breeder was a puss and didn't go to Symco this year, but he did call me Sunday morning after, so I guess that counts?

We heard a lot of that talk you speak of but rest assure that most of us will be there. Extra drive yes, but we will be there.

Enough of the inside parking I have been hiding out doing the last few years, I want to work the gate so I can get spit at, run over, hit and insulted....oh wait, it's in Decatur now, DAMNIT!!!

23. No, the Wisconsinites are the long-haulers this year! LOL

24. I going to say that wiscosin is like in your back yard comparied to tom and I driving in from new york city.
    Last year it was 890 miles and this year its like 960. I just think there trying to tell us somthing by moving it further away. Can't wait I'm passing up minibike race and a pinup contest locally. But its definitly worth it.

25. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Only 650 miles for me.
    Boy Wonder is on school break that week, so I should have a decent navigator.

I'll have to lower the truck and swap wheels to make the two-mod-minimum.

-Brad

26. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

breeder was workin ya tool! you know i wanted to be there! if anything, just for the cheese!:D
    not to worry cliffy, ill be there next yr bro! i wanted to make it one of those shows i could say "ive been to all 10 of them"........ but missin one yr outta 10 wont be bad!:)

27. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

btw.....is there a hotel with country inn, or some shit in the name? i made a res there like 6 months ago, and cant find the info!!!!! doh!

28. Hellfish

Hellfish

So was Brian aka Pappy

You have to stop drunk dialing hotels!

Country Inn & Suites
    217-872-2402

There are about 20 hotels in Decatur/Forsyth. Forsyth is closest to the show area and a quick 15 min drive to Clinton for the pre/post parties. Most people are staying in Forsyth. The Sleep Inn is within eyesight of the show, but away from all the other hotels. There's also a clean "theme room" hotel in Clinton that's pretty much stumbling distance from the pre/post show parties. It's pretty cool!

If anyone needs hotel info, check Travelocity, Orbitz, or call the Decatur Visitor's Bureau http://www.decaturcvb.com/ Basically everyone there said to stay with the big name hotel chains and you'll be fine. If you don't have any luck there, shoot me a PM.

29. Otay, I got my 15 minutes of laughter taken care of for today. It isn't that it is funny as much as it is probably true. LOL

30. breeder

breeder
    Member Emeritus

ahh! thats it! and bite it you 2! i had most of the name right off the bat...so there!!!! burp....