Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods See the USA...in a Hemi-Powered Model A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Aug 4, 2010.

1. Green49Ford

Green49Ford

2. model.A.keith

model.A.keith

Brian,

I don't suppose we will ever meet, but i have ridden shotgun with you the last 16 days, what an awsome trip you took us on..............thank you

Keith

3. Great way to close this trip out man. Best thread on the HAMB!

4. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I have enjoyed the hell out of this thread!!....You my friend are living the dream....One day I'll get my turn.

Thanks again for letting us ride along.

5. Elrod

Elrod

Kick Ass dude. Welcome home! What a great trip, and Congrats again on the engagement!

6. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Brian, Thank you very much!

Nick.

7. I'm so glad I came along with you on this trip.:cool:

8. ezdusit

ezdusit

Brian,
    Thanks for a wonderful thread. This has been a real uplifting experience for all of your fan club. I've had the privilege to cross the country 3 times in my stock '32 Plymouth. Can't wait to get my hemi-powered roadster done to try it again. I know how much time it took you to post all those great updates. Thanks again and God bless...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  9. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

Oh, one last thing.

I just about wore out the new Coker Firestones, but they made the trip without incident. I know some guys have had problems with these tires, but I had no trouble at all with them.

Maybe somebody here (wink, wink) could sponsor me by sending me another set of tires? 4.50-16 front, 7.50-16 rear.

:D

10. Dat Dirty Rat

Dat Dirty Rat

Hands down one of the best proven & built Hot Rods in a looooong time!!!

11. thanks brian!! get trip

12. Sutton Speed

Sutton Speed

Best thread I've ever followed on the HAMB! Thanks for the ride...

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

You did the Colorado thing!!! Cool! And in record time, too! That is one of the best drives ever - anywhere... But next year plan on making the trip from Montrose to Durrango - it's hard to believe, but it's even better! My favorite memory of the road along the Blue mesa reserviour, was coming around a tight bend in a down pour rainstorm and seeing Jim Shelton (writer Chris Shelton's dad) heading the opposite way in his maroon deuce roadster. We pointed and waved and went our separate directions, like, I know you! A couple of months later we saw each other at a show and the first thing either said was "what were you doing out there"?! "In that"?! I worked out of that big R.V. park as you come into Gunnison off and on for a few summers about 2003 - 2006. Sure miss being up there.
    Thanks so much for letting me "ride along" this last couple of weeks. I can't tell you how much I miss hearing the exhaust noise bouncing off the canyon walls as I get used to life being at home all the time. Some time soon I'll be able to just go for a multi state ride again, and just spend some time traveling in my hot rod again. Thanks again, Chip

14. CWTC10

CWTC10
    from Arab Al

I have been glued to this thread like the folks was with Joe Dirt on the radio everyday. Its hard to find a true hot rodder these days. Some say they drive em but most really dont. Ive lurked here for a good while. And even before this trip you was a stand out here. But this put it over the top and is true testiment of your work. Keep it up man.

15. Toner283

Toner283

That was awesome. Thanks for all the cool pics, the new screen backgrounds and all the narrative. almost like being there.

Gad you made it home with no major incidents, a couple of small roadside fixes were no real big deal, just proves you are a hot rodder since you fixed it & got back on the road in short order.

On your next trip if you head north & are anywhere near my neck of the woods, dinner & beer are on me.

16. Rusty

Rusty

Glad you made it back all safe and sound, awesome story and picture coverage

17. McTullis

McTullis

Thank you. This was amazing.

18. Ned_Gob

Ned_Gob

That was very entertaning, an epic saga of an awesome trek !....
    I'll pony up $20.00 towards some new 'Stones , what's your paypal addy ?

19. Fantastic coverage,Bass! Just like we were sitting in the passenger seat....Hard to believe you're home already!!!!!

20. Brian, I've got to say, this has been one of the best threads on the HAMB ever...What an amazing trip.

It was nice to see you up in this neck of the woods (hotrod-a-rama), and catch up for a bit there with you on the salt last Friday.

Be sure to look us up when you out this way again (Burlington WA) and we'll get a garage tour together for you.

Glad you made it home safe and sound.
    Keith

21. Bass -

I've been following this thread since you started your journey ... your writing / photography is just plain fantastic! ... one of the best threads of 2010!

I knew exactly what you meant about "the music" your HEMI makes "climbing up a mountain road in 3rd gear under load" :cool: ... in my mind, you described it perfectly! :)

22. Coker Tire Co. and/or Cokerblems -

Get this man a set of Coker Firestones! ... I can't think of a better advertising campaign than the story & pics in Brian's adventure thread!

23. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

24. scootermcrad

scootermcrad
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hot damn! Congratulations on a successful trip and safe travels home! This has been an extremely inspirational read!

25. duffman

duffman

Great meeting you on the salt after I missed you as you roled through my town. You looked like you had some fun, I saw your car everywhere!

26. Oldsmobucket

Oldsmobucket

great adventure waited everyday to see the next installment. thanks for taking the time to document such an adventure.

27. ruralrod

ruralrod

wow! awesome trip. thats the shit boys.

28. Anderson

Anderson

Welcome home! You didn't miss much....E.C. has a new project! A very inspiring trip....I am envious.

29. Cshabang

Cshabang

Happy to hear you made it home...Thanks for sharing your trip.

30. eddie_zapien

eddie_zapien

Best write up ive seen in a LONG time!! Brian you have yet to disapoint.