Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects Nasty Habit Willys,part 9....Engine in,exhaust,brakes,wiring,test drive.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Kiwi Kev, Aug 18, 2010.

1. DeuceDog

DeuceDog
    from Breese, IL

Love it! Keep working...you'll get there.
    DD

2. Badass car keep the post coming.

3. Weasel

Weasel

If you look up 'motivation' in the dictionary I swear there's a pic of Kiwi Kev - great stuff and you continue to inspire.... you look happy as a clam!

4. 40WILLYSCRAZY

40WILLYSCRAZY
    from fresno

Hey: I remember when you were at the Turlock swapmeet years ago selling subscriptions to the new west coast willys club !!! We Subscribed.!!! Also remember your coupe. Awesome to see you back in the coupe business !!!!!!

5. Not Turlock, was probably Fremont drag strip, mid 80's. Only 25 years ago:eek:

6. 41 Dave

41 Dave

Kev, Looking forward to seeing your coupe at Ventura in a couple of weeks. Looking forward to hearing it run through the gears !

7. DYNODANNY

DYNODANNY

Kevin the car looks good on the street and will look better on the track, very nice work. Can't wait to come over and look at the pprogress in person, I will take my truck over. Also I wanted to tell you thanks for those bitchen floors you made for my truck. Danny

8. 53chevy

53chevy

Awesome Kev! hope to see it in person and man your work is TOP notch! Oh! and all the speed goodies you have laying around, what to use..........Hahahaha!!!!

Ken

9. Ranunculous

Ranunculous

So I was working on the bed of my truck last night mounting my Moon fuel tank and I thought " Wonder how Kiwi Kev would do this?"
    Cool thread!
    I'm gonna steal that rear bumper design-thought I'd at least admit to it....

10. That Willy's is so cool! keep us updated Kiwi!

11. 39WILLZ

39WILLZ

Hey Kev Willys looks great that look on your face has given me a big boost to get mine out on the street.

12. Hot Rod Willys

Hot Rod Willys
    from Ohio

Kevin-

As in everything you do your Willys Coupe is awesome! I am lucky enough to have owned a Willys Coupe that Kevin built and it was one of the best cars I ever had. Those first drives are the best, enjoy, have fun and keep us posted.

13. Gambino_Kustoms

Gambino_Kustoms
    Alliance Vendor

way to go and good luck see ya in a few weeks

14. 60'shotrod

60'shotrod

Kev, Thats as cool as FUCK!

Nick.

15. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Awesome to see that car up and running! I have seen your posts here on the H.A.M.B. for a few years now, but I have to say, I clicked over to garage journal the other night and wow! Your shop and general attitude to this stuff is amazing! By the way, rooman at the top of the last page nailed it on the clutch problems. if your like me and never worked with a diaphragm clutch before, you wouldn't think about over extending as being a problem, but it is. I have had the same clutch behind a 400 some odd H.P Chrysler small block for the last five years and beat it mercilessly, and it flat works well! Hope all is working well today, Chip Quinn

16. Looking groovy Kev! I have been watching you buddy. Nice work as always! Dale

17. violet springs

violet springs

18. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

Dammmm that is cool great job Kevin.....can I pleeeeeeeeease have a ride some day?

19. Cshabang

Cshabang

I was just about to email you to see if you were working on it. Glad to see its coming together despite the issues....

20. What air cleaners are those on your cross ram?
    Thanks.

21. Junior Stock

Junior Stock

Look'n good.
    What tires are you running on the front?

Tim

22. Zig Zag Wanderer

Zig Zag Wanderer

looking great Kev, hope you get the bugs worked out of the clutch soon, the streets of Ventura are waiting to be terrorized

23. titus

titus

Bad ass!

Im not a fan of centerforce clutches, my wife has one in her 65 elcamino and it just aint right, my other buddy has one in his chevelle and hes just not happy with the performance of his either, id try a hays or some other good aftermarket brand.

killer job on the willys.

JEFF

24. metalshapes

metalshapes

I bought a Hays once, and whatever they sent me came in a Mr Gasket box.

I think I pushed most of the cartilage out of my left knee, trying to operate that piece of crap daily during rushhour traffic.

Awesome car Kiwi.

I really enjoyed seeing it come together...

25. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

Kev, congrats on the first drive.

26. No air cleaners yet, the velocity stacks are old Moon ones, I think they are called super suckers. I plan on sitting some small air filters in there and making plates for the top, at least that is my first thought.

The front tires are BF Goodrich Silvertown 5.00 x 15".

I ran a Hays clutch/pressure plate in my old 56 Chevy and Orange plus Willys. I blew them up and didn't like the heavy pedal. I am hoping the Centerforce will give me a lighter pedal but still handle the HP due to the centrifugal weights. I got no answers today from Centerforce so I have re assembled it and will add some kind of adjustable stop before driving it again. I don't like the part in the Centerforce paperwork where they tell you you have to drive your car for 450-500 miles of stop and go driving before applying full engine power:eek:

I would love to run a blower one day (years away) so just for fun I sat this one on there to see how it would look. If I change the radiator I have room for everything. A guy can dream can't he. I'm sure I will have fun with my carbs for now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
  27. holy awesomeness!

28. Thanks for the info on the velosity stacks. I think I need to find me a pair;)

29. Those pie cut slicks make the car ... Are the front rims Halibrand too? They look similar to the ones I had on my Stude.

30. Mattilac

Mattilac

Looks like a movie set to me. I'll bring the cameras.