Register now to get rid of these ads!

misused discriptions that irritate or annoy you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chubbie

chubbie

I hear you cluck'n big bird........oh well...after while alligator...:confused:

2. BenderJ

BenderJ
    from Detroit

It cracks me up when someone can't even spell 'Edelbrock' even when it's embossed on the intake!

One good thing about people misspelling Edelbrock? It comes in handy when searching fleaBay or Craigs - Low number of hits/views/calls equals better chances of getting a good deal!

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Actually, that is pretty interesting. For a brief time, there was a HUGE dispute in NSRA as to whether a '48 car would be allowed at events. ( I know some guys think NSRA isn't relevent to traditional hot rodding, but lots of us involved in the 70's were building "traditional" cars). We had the '48 Pontiac convert we still have today, and were never denied entrance anywhere, but some people were. Evidently, there were (and are :rolleyes:) people to whom rules are very important!!

That firestorm passed, and it was generally acceptable to have even later cars at events, if they used the same '48 and earlier bodies, Studes being one, and '49 Olds, Cads, and Chev pickups come to mind.

Brian

4. long island vic

long island vic

bought from original owner...then it dont mean shit cause you will be at least number three...always maintained, but frozen like a clams ass anyway

5. chris55

chris55

Calling anything but a 55, 56, or 57 Chevy a tri-5. Calling any tri-5 a shoebox.

6. HONESTHERMAN

HONESTHERMAN

Yeah the word "Traditional"
    Meaning changes several times every day.

7. Special Ed

Special Ed

Hahahaha...you nailed it!;)

8. Saw this on a thread.

Wanted, 50s Caddilac heads.

Comes about by people shortening Cadillac to Caddy.
    Then they spell Cadillac with 2 D's.

9. Actually, I think the term "Tri-5" is about as lame as "Moredoor":cool:

10. chubbie

chubbie

Carl La Fong...WC Fields:D

11. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

this one sets me off...i make a smart ass remark when people tell me its got the ORIGINAL miles

12. bulletproof1

bulletproof1
    from tulsa okla

or when people say " well to be honest blablabla" look ...if your going to tell me your going to be honest about something ,does it mean you where lieing about everything else you said.
    or "to tell you the truth" STOP !!!!! id rather you just lie about it...

13. orphanautomill

orphanautomill

That one always gets me, didn't they all?

14. orphanautomill

orphanautomill

Yeah, like the the Automatic Teller Machine Machine ... I use those often often.

15. Nitro crew chief

Nitro crew chief
    from Illinois

"Serious Inquiries only", I wouldn't be calling if I wasn't serious.
    Also, "no Bargan hunters".

16. Goatdave

Goatdave

My favorite from just about all Craigslist ads: NO SCAMMERS
    so what is supposed to happen? Some scumbag starts reading the ad and figures out that the bozo selling this (fill in the blank) is going to be the next guy he will cheat out of all their savings until he comes to this warning "Drats! Foiled again!". And then he goes looking for a new victim not smart enough to put a magical disclaimer.

Original miles always kills me. What are unoriginal miles?

17. long island vic

long island vic

first 10000.00 takes it...sorry your the first with cash im waiting for the fifth guy to come around ,,he gets it

18. zombie289

zombie289
    from SoCal

-Yeah all the people selling 'V6' falcons...

-And saying a 64 Comet K code is a 271hp HiPo

-Just because its a radio and /or heater delete car does NOT make it a factory race car!

-Sellers calling their clapped out 302w w/ a 4bbl a BOSS 302

19. I have read most of these and I still think " CHEBBY " is the worst.

20. chubbie

chubbie

I'll stand up for this line.......RAN WHEN PARKED...all cars are parked for a reason, most had intensions of fixing the "thing" that was wrong with the car. life gets in the way ,time and rust, well you know. RAN WHEN PARKED would meen, the rods arn't hang'n out of the block!!:eek: it meens you may be able to salvage the mechanical parts because there was nothing wrong with them... or if you are to "cool" for this, to know what was wrong with the car..........the price is $2000 take it or leave it!!

21. I think he forgot to add the following:

"eelco, gasser, rat hot street rod, classic, traditional, trad, old school, ol skool"

Oh, wait, that was for an ebay title....

Rich, maybe you should go re-read some of your old '60's HRMs. Rickman and Baskerville nonwithstanding, there was some pretty good writing in the tech articles. Now, compare it to what's been in that mag (and others) for the last 2-3 decades.

-Bill

22. 61TBird

61TBird

"Guts" for the Interior Color.
    As in,It's a Black Car with Red "Guts"...

Absolutely HATE that term.
    It's way too "Barrett-Jacksony" for me.

23. Maybe someone could tell me.
    What are you supposed to say when someone asks you if your car has "a limited slip" or "a full posi " ?

24. I had a copy of Truckin' magazine about 10 years ago. There was an article where the dipwad writer was explaining suspensions. According to this genius, when your axle moves from side to side during hard cornering it's referred to as "panning". The installation of a Panhard rod will make it "hard to pan":eek:
    In the very same issue there was a truck with a flattie with Offy heads. The writer identified it as a full race Offenhauser engine.
    I'm not smart enough to make this shit up;)

25. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

On the other hand, here's one I LIKE! Its from stealthcruiser's ad in our own HAMB classifieds:

26. 1952henry

1952henry

Plural words spelled with apostrophes. I think it is in the water here in Oregon. Kids, parents, etc. do it. I see it in ads as well. Drives me nuts!!!

27. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

---------------------
    ["Also,"no Bargain hunters"] - Which
    by implication means - "This wreck is no
    bargain, so if you want one, look
    elsewhere
    "! :D

Mart3406
    ===========================

28. Bushmaster

Bushmaster
    from Austin, TX

Don't forget "Project car".

Which means, "If someone doesn't haul away this POS this weekend, it's going to the scrapyard"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.