Register now to get rid of these ads!

Projects 59 chevy wagon in progress

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Cody Walls, Mar 23, 2010.

1. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

The steering wheel is off of a 63 Pontiac grand prix

2. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

well here some more updates, pick up an rad from columbus
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. maccustom

maccustom

Very cool - great metal work decisions and great engine choices. Will stand out

4. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

thanks maccustom

5. Toner283

Toner283

Wicked looking engine bay. love the smooth flow of the metal in front of the rad.

Have you figured out a latch mechanism for the reverse hood yet? or did I miss that part.

6. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

nope just havent gotten that far yet Toner283 ,but what ever it is it will be simple and most likley had made like a lot of other thing on the car ,

7. phatbaby

phatbaby

Great Looking wagon....awesome metal work....it's gonna be a real looker .....any choice of colors so far ...or is that to far down the road ...again awesome

8. 193257

Looks like a lot of great ideas along with great workmanship. Keep up the good work.

9. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

Lots of hard work and clever thinking in this one. Keep us up to date as you proceed.

Frank

10. Hellfish

Hellfish

beautiful work!

11. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

phatbaby<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5444668", true); </SCRIPT>
    the wagon is going to be going ciber green matlic on the bottom which is off of i think 2001 vw beetle and the top of the fins and roof are going dark candy green , every one else said silver or white roof but hey i like different

12. A friend of mine gave me an idea for a custom 59 El Camino, that's never been done. I had already started in to far to execute it, on my Elco. I agree with what he said, "I will never have the nicest one around.. but I could have, the only one around". So you my friend are proof of that. I appreciate your metal work. Bellissimo!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2010
  13. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Ok here goes another update , and even though it might not seem like ive gotten a lot completed over the last month by the pictures but theres a lot of small stuff that realy adds up and sometimes cant be see in pics , 1 just some stuff in epoxy 2 a little metal work and 3 body work , yes even though the metal pics are awsome im going to show the body work stage too , i know a lot of people skip this when there showing pics of there builds and well im not, im doing all my own filler work on this , its not being over used, in order to get this large of a car as straight as i want it most of it is getting skim coats , im not afraid of using filler i just know what the limits of it is and i stick too it .

14. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

15. bryan6902

bryan6902

Wow! I just found this build, and I will have to say this car is REALLY going to stand out when it hits the street! Nice workmanship, keep it up! Bryan

16. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

Thanks bryan and to everyone else for all the kind words about my project so far it realy means a lot.

17. ol'chevy

ol'chevy

Try a power antenna motor or a power window motor for the gas door.

18. Man, I hope I can get my El Camino as straight as your '59. I have to redo the upper qtr on the driverside. It's killing my conscience. Cool update

19. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

awesome build! 59 and 60 GM cars are full of win, this one is no exception

20. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

I know man thoes are some big panals to be body working , the hard part was the rear door. It had too much crown to it, so that everything would be dead on straight there was a lot of shrinking done to the center of the door ( not in the pics ) to get the crown down . good thing you dont have that to worrie about jay u just have one extremely long quater panal to look forward to body working , lol

21. Skankin' Rat Fink

Skankin' Rat Fink
    from NYC

That's gonna be one hot wagon. The body mods are super slick, and it's nice seeing something other than an SBC in anything ... especially a Chevy!

22. I love this wagon. Can't wait to see more updates.

JH

23. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great build, as I've said before. I've probably missed it but what color are you going to paint it?...........Mike

24. Cody Walls

Cody Walls

hemifarris<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_5550871", true); </SCRIPT> the lower body going ciber green metallic which is on a 2001 vw beetle. And the roof and top of the fins,dark candy green and maby some flake

25. SLAMED 59

SLAMED 59

if you had some flat top doors you could probably chop the roof to hardtop in a weekend. converting sedan doors to hardtop add 4 more days lol.
    amazing craftsmanship those front valances are awsome and you should make some more of those c panels they would sell good :D

26. Ian Berky

Ian Berky

Now that is one incredible build!!!! Freakin' awesome!!!

27. hemifarris

hemifarris

Great color choice....Excellent vision and craftsmanship!.....Mike

28. Nads

Nads
    from Hypocrisy

You are the man, this build makes me happy.

29. Big Nick

Big Nick

30. GassersGarage

GassersGarage

WOW! is all I can say. You get my vote for the "RIDDLER".