Register now to get rid of these ads!

misused discriptions that irritate or annoy you

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 13, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cogent???? Is that really the appropraite use of the word? :eek:

And did you mean in FRONT of them :D

2. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

OK my other peeve besides people complaining I can't spell and calling Tanks, Tankers. Is young people who call all kinds of stack type headers Zoomies. The cars in the black and white photo have Zoomies. They curve up to blow the smoke off the tires so the driver can see. And provide down force. The color car has weed burner headers. They came before Zoomies.

Attached Files:

3. LOL .. Ford of England made many hundreds of thousands of V4 engines for many vehicle types. Still plenty around as well.

4. Irony.

5. I believe those Saab V4s were Ford built.

6. May I ask where you go to vent a little steam?
    The humour in this thread makes good light hearted
    reading on a cold miserable rainy day like it is here today... :D

7. ironpile

ironpile

Engines are internal combustion, motors are driven by an exterior power source. This one bugs me too Car dealer named XX Motors.

8. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Speaking of V4 engines. Attached is a photo of a V4 engine. That is a class within the SCTA class structure. Vintage four cylinder. Of course none of them is really a V4. And I do cringe when I see things like "55 chevy with the original 235 V6 engine"

Attached Files:

9. Bullrack

Bullrack
    from Louisiana

Ok, I'm only 37 but have been around the block a time or two. I think the word "Chebby" has its influence from the Hispanics, not 100% sure though. The sale/sell thing has always bothered me too. So has "ran when parked". Yes, it ran until the moment just before I wrapped it around a tree doing 140mph! Every supposed muscle car runs or ran 140. The Model A and '32 thing gets at me pretty bad too. And every small block Chevy just has to be a 350" and will turn 9500-10,000rpms. Or every small block Chevy head is a "double hump or camel hump", this cracks me up. Oh, and all these "blown" engines...are they supercharged or do they have a window in the block?

Two of the best ever were when my son and I were driving home from Tenn. with his Desoto Hemi in the back of the truck and we pulled up to get diesel, this car load of "car guys" asked what we had planned for that 454 Rat Motor. My 13yo son just laughed and got back in the truck. This engine was complete with valve covers and all. The other was a friend called us to look at his new hotrod. We drove over and found that he just bought a 'glass T-Bucket kit car. He was telling Tyler about his '24 Model T and Tyler looked straight up at him and asked, while smirking, if it was original. Naturally he answered yes. The cool part is that it has a real nice Buick Nailhead engine. They were calling it a hammer-head and when Tyler tried to correct them, they laughed at him. To put a nail in their coffin, Tyler offerred them $500 for that "hammer-head" engine. They laughed and asked why anyone would want that old boat anchor. Don't forget, Tyler is my 13yo son.

OT I know, but the worst for me is when some dillweed keeps calling that Cummins a Cummings! Rudolfe should come back from the dead and clobber them with a bumpstick. Steven.

10. D'oh :eek:

11. ironpile

ironpile

Those under 50 can be excused, lack of exposure.

12. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

theres ONLY a T-spoon of Bondo in the whole car

13. Bigchuck

Bigchuck
    from Austin, TX

More likely one of those people who stand on the street corner with their hand out and a cardboard sign.

14. Is that like "Officer, I only had one glass of beer"
    (but I filled it a dozen times) :D

15. "This message brought to you by the Department Of Redundancy Department."

(Wait for it...it's a "thinker".):rolleyes:

16. billsill45

billsill45
    from SoCal

....instead of stating the odometer reading, it's "only xxxxx miles per year since new". Like the seller hopes that we're too stupid to do the math to figure out the alleged mileage. If I actually cared about the number of miles per year since new, I can calculate it myself.

17. billygoat67

billygoat67

everyone forgot the infamous BARN FIND. i live in iowa and every other old car was one time or another parked in a barn so can they all be classified as a barn find?.
    and though yes some barns do have alittle of a roof left on them most are not a climate controlled show room.
    just my thoughts.

18. marks73turbota

marks73turbota

A little off topic (see I hate users of OT, heh) is a person in a conversation asking where that person is located. But saying (in my best bubba accent) "where you at???". Mark L

19. AstroZombie

AstroZombie

I hate "Must sale this car" or "Car for sell" There's a difference, and unless you're selling a deuce coupe rat rod model A, I won't look twice at your ad! :D

20. calling f 250 4wds hiboys.

21. nailheadroadster

nailheadroadster

YES!!!! I hate that crap!! Are you just too lazy or too stupid to include the "to be" portion of the sentence???

22. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

I grew up with an engrish professor as a mom....

That one totally chaps my ass.

23. Bushmaster

Bushmaster
    from Austin, TX

We really need to stamp out and abolish redundancy........

24. Text talk in ads annoys me greatly.
    I won't even respond to it.

25. Typos are allowed .. :D

26. ironpile

ironpile

You must admit that is tough to spell as well as say correctly. Thus chrome moly.

27. RichFox

RichFox
    Member Emeritus

Go with 4130. It's easy

28. Well played, sir (or madam, as the case may be!)

29. Chris Cissel

Chris Cissel
    from Fresno Ca

It runs. It ran before parked 2 years ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.