Register now to get rid of these ads!

old timer pranks

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 57 shaker, Nov 1, 2008.

1. rockinokie

rockinokie

1. get an empty caulking tube
    2. cut out back end
    3. fill with baby powder
    4. tape paper tightly over back end
    5. attatch air nozzle to tapered end and rubber band trigger on air nozzle (with air at compressor turned off)
    6. run air hose and newly fabricated device under car and into engine compartment
    7. ask a buddy to take a look under the hood while you "go to get a tool".
    8. turn air on compressor... BOOM! baby powder bomb in the face!!!!

haha that one is always fun...

2. Parts Store: Wait til one of the guys goes into the head, listen for splash - when he is in full pee mode- slam the hollow core door with a long Chevy radiator hose. He wizzes everywhere, you run when you realize that its the owner.

Shop: Anti seize on tool box catch, on the underside so they don't see it - that stuff gets everywhere and they usually don't realize it until its in hair, face, other handles, tools

Other Parts Store: Light switch on the out side of the bathroom. Turn off light while coworker is 'reading'; light invoice on fire - shove under door. Listen to panic. Run when bosses wife catches you.

Still other parts store: Wait for tweeker co worker to go to head to "read" ; flood under the door with Thrust (Ether starting fluid), light and enjoy the tweeker panic. Do this with the owner, more fun that way.

Yet another parts store: Interview for job (as a returning employee), leave office and while new co workers who think boss is a jerk (he's not), stop and pick up a dead bird and inter store mail it to curmudgeon at other store. Touch off road kill mailing war that will last for years, getting so gross that the female drivers won't pick up boxes.

Same store: Owner of all three stores, George, is known for buying odd stuff on a whim, and making the other owners stock the items. Find print ad in Mom's Parade Magazine from Sunday newspaper for a lawn gnome that is coincidentally painted in Carquest Red,White and Blue. Practice George's handwriting and create a 'George Memo' announcing that "We are now the West Coast Stocking Dealer for this" with price break downs, stocking levels and distribute with out telling ANYONE. This causes a partner meeting and a S**T fight over the stupid crap George always buys. Wait 18 years then tell remaining partners!

Ah, GOOD TIMES

3. medicinal_marinara

medicinal_marinara
    from Oregon

One year on our rural road we had a problem with mailboxes being bashed in. One of our old-timer neighbors had one of the really huge ones, and he was tired of it getting smashed. He took a smaller box, suspended it inside, and filled the space in between with concrete. One morning there was a broken off baseball bat and a bunch of broken window glass on the ground next to the box, and mailbox bashing stopped being a problem.

4. 8-9-duck

8-9-duck

so i was telling ron about these car bomb things. he wanted one really bad so he could play too. eevery couple of days ron would stop by and see if i picked up a carbomb for him. this went on for a few weeks. i stopped at the little store an got ron his carbomb. at midnite when he started his chevelle---

5. Iceberg460

Iceberg460

Reminds me of my great grandmas ranch. The mail box was on the corner of a sharp 90* corner in the road. The story goes that about once a week a car would miss the corner and take out the box. Well she had some old farmer weld her up a mailbox from chunks railroad rails, then set it in 2 feet of cement with a solid 2 inch rod for a stand. Well I guess someone overshot the corner in a little rice burner a couple weeks later and it almost split the car in two, bearly scratched the box. Driver was able to walk away too. The county then decided to tear out that corner and put in sweeping corner, well clear of the mailbox...

6. WelderSeries

WelderSeries
    Alliance Vendor

I'm no old-timer, but I used to induct air at high pressure under the door of the bathroom when my shop helper was in there "reading". I imagine it was quite the tornado in there...

7. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Body Shop in High School.....

One joker thought it was funny to sneak up behind someone and dump body filler dust down their collar. He got me, yuk yuk.

He never messed with any of us again after we tied him to a rack, and spread freshly mixed body filler over damn near every inch of him while he was in street clothes. He walked funny when we cut him loose.

Problem solved.

8. weathrmn

weathrmn

Weld shop foreman: dipping a piece of small round stock in my 5 gal. gray primer.
    Me: Don why are you dipping that in my primer?
    W.S. foreman: the new kid said he's a welder, he went to school for it, he wants to weld and I want to give him a test first before I let him weld.
    Me: Don, let me know when you do, he tried using a torch here.
    THE TEST: kid is trying to strike an arc, smoke and fire on the wire, wouldn't give up,
    what an show, best laugh for a long time. Failed the test

9. slammed49

slammed49

Black zip-ties around the driveshaft...works great on front wheel drives too,they will be getting prices on CVs and/or u-joints

10. weathrmn

weathrmn

Plasser Railroad Track Liner. Along with an air horn, it has an electric horn also. The horn can sound from the operator's panel or from each outside corner of the machine.

Bob the mechanic(good ole boy) replaces the electric horn. goes inside the machine and hits the button. fine it works.

Me: while Bob is pressing the inside button, I'm pressing the corner button
    Bob: scratches his head and tries it again, with another guy pressing another button.

This went on for 20 minutes. Lunch time, Bob said: I've had enough, the s.o.b. will have to die all together before I mess with it any more. Nobody told him, he never figured it out.

11. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

At one place I worked we soldered printed circuit boards. One trick was to take a piece of jumper wire, about 22 gauge, non-insulated wire and wrap it around a roll of solder, which is about the same thickness. The next person to use the solder will unspool a short length off of the spool and apply heat to the wire, thinking it's solder and won't notice until the wire heats ups and starts to burn his finger tips.

12. Fro

Fro
    from Joplin Mo.

as a sophomor in high school a few buddies and I got in trouble in our vo-ag class when it was left to us to conduct the anual freshman hazing, we brought them one at a time to the welding shop where the first thing they would see was a branding iron beside the welding table with a torch blazing it fire red then two guys would grab them and bend them over the table and jerk a corner of their pants down a little while the third guy (me) would reach under the table and pull out another iron that was sitting in a bucket of ice water and brand em, it was allot of fun till one kid freaked out so bad he took off runnin and ran square into a 8in support beam, knocked him out cold and he got some stitches.

13. We put a big dog turd on top of a guys converter at a shop I worked at. He wondered why his car smelled like poop on his ride home.

14. threepiston

threepiston
    from illinois

About 20 years ago, I cut a 24" section of bicycle inner tube off, tied the one end tight, then stretched the other end over my dad's tailpipe, then proceeded to hoseclamp the pipe end.

The next morning, I hear a BOOM as my dad was leaving for work. He came upstairs with a grin on his face.

15. bowtie40

bowtie40

I know a guy who is a real prankster, His friend goes over to his house to have a look at the new wheels and tires he's about to mount on his ride. The owner is bragin' about how cool his ride will be with this high zoot setup. About then the owner gets a phone call in the house. Well his friend takes all of the lug nuts and washers with him, then drives home about fifty miles away...

16. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Lug nuts - hahahahahah.

We had a tire guy who was meticulous about keeping them all lined up next to the truck tire he was working on. Budd wheels have 10 outers and 10 inners.

Several guys used to walk by and kick them away. They tend to go everywhere usually UNDER the truck.

Man he could swear!

17. jdj9410

jdj9410
    from Paris TX

Worked as an intern with the state wildlife department one year with 3 other interns. First prank was unscrewed radio antenna and hid it. They came in and said that old truck was junk and radio quit asked if I would look at it. Yea your antenna just came loose and fell off I tell them. A few days later tell them I found one from a guy in town for 5 bucks. They paid and got their own antenna back. Pulled a FI plug off of a cylinder. They come in wanting to know why truck is shaking at idle. We go out and he cranks it up. I tell him oh you just got carbon built up. I'll just dribble some sand down it while idling and that will fix it. Tell him to get in and hold it just off idle for me. When he does I bend down act like I'm picking up sand then reach in and plug injector back up. Smooths out. Wow man that works great, I'll have to try it sometime he says. Also put grass burrs under their sheets at their feet. The final deal came when they all got up one morning and dressed in the dark so they wouldn't wake the other crews. They didn't know that the night before while they were out had swapped all of their underwear in their footlockers. They were pissed when they all discovered they had each others underwear on.

18. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

As a retired firefighter I can remember some really good pranks. Firefighters are known for it and I have seen guys really go to extremes at the firehouse to pull something off. One that sticks in my head and y'all will get a laugh out of this one if you ever wanted to get back at one of the "Boys in Blue"

Setting the stage: Tourist beach community in the South. Nice guy COP,good sense of humor, ready to retire. Always hung out at the fire station in between making his rounds passing out parking tickets. illegal parking, etc. Not a meter maid, but a full fledged cop. Drove around on a Harley three wheeler. Yes he had a sense of humor. We pulled the "blocks under his axle trick to get the rear wheels just off the ground 1/4-1/2". That was cool. Rocks in his hubcaps, well that stretched his sense of humor a little thin, as he left his beat early to take his cycle to the city garage to get checked out. Next day on duty we caught hell. Well this next one totally blew the good humor man all to hell.
    He was out on his rounds proceeding to write a ticket on a expired parking meter. This was all paralell parking, so he always just pulled up along side the vehicle in the right lane with his red light flashing. As he was writing, a lady came up to him and asked; "Officer, do you have something against the people from up North?" He looked at her and said "Excuse me?" She repeated her question a little more stongly."No mam, as you can hear, I have a Northern accent and by the way this car has a Georgia lic. tag. Why are you asking me this?" "Well I was wondering about the sign you are carrying on the back of your motorcycle." Sign??? He walks past her to the back of his bike and there it was in big letters. "YANKEE GO HOME" He had been out on his rounds for at least 1 hour. I'm sure there was a patch of rubber as he took off heading to the fire station. HE WAS PISSED, with a capital P , to say the least. He wanted to know who did it, he was about to call his shift commander to press charges, till our shift officers calmed him down. Thank god we got off with a very strong verbal repromand. This took place about 30 years ago, but I still can almost pee my pants when I think of it.

Last edited: Aug 18, 2010
  19. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

On the receiving end while in high school. Dating this girl who lived close to some of my auto shop buddies. Went to leave her house after midnight, opened the door of my 48 Ford business coupe and found it full of smoke, with a handfull of leaves smoldering in the ash tray. Took me about 20 minutes to air out the car. Put the key in the ignition, Engine fired right up with a ear piercing whistle. Way up under the dash they wired open my Wolf Whistle. (They were manually operated with a pull wire or string) On another weekend night leaving the same girls house, the guys came walking up as I was leaving. They had been down at the local White Castle, and walking back they passed the rear of a gas station and found a old dri chemical fier extinquisher.Well one smart ass decided to pull the pin and set it off. It was again, late night, the dew had settled on the car, my windows were down. You guessed it. My hotrod black primered car was now white. INSIDE AND OUT!!! The good old days!!!

20. rat deuce

rat deuce

I worked in a shop where the model t coil shock trick was used all the time. Doorknobs, metal tables,you name it! I learned to avoid things in a hurry. One day I got in my car to leave turned the key and got zapped in the ass! Seems they had disconnected the coil wire and hooked it to a thin copper wire threaded through my seat upholstery....

21. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Knew someone that would run over bags of leaves piled by the curb, one day he found a BIG pile of bags and hit them about 50mph....they were covering a fire hydrant! Totaled his truck and cost him a shit load to replace the fire plug. :D He was a douche bag who deserved it.

22. johnny bondo

johnny bondo
    from illinois

ive heard storys about getting guys liquered up and bringing them to a tattoo shop and having a squirrel carring nuts on there inner thy.... while on leave from korea.... lol

23. rocknrollratfink

rocknrollratfink
    from LA

lol

24. Quick and easy...
    One evening at a car club meeting (way back when...), a couple of other club members removed my spare tire and put it in front of and slightly under one of the rear wheels. We were all lined up and when it came time to take off in a pack to the local cruise joint...BUMP!! Thought for sure I'd dropped my driveshaft right there when I ran over my own spare. Glad that car wasn't lowered...

25. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

26. Harleydrjr

Harleydrjr
    from Nebraska

At the dealership I worked at there was a prank war between my buddy and another guy. It started off fairly innocent like super gluing wrenches down on the bench and stuff like that but when my buddy had the lights turned off on him while in the shitter he bumped his head pretty bad walking into the block wall it got bad. The other guy was really anal about his tools and stuff. He had a fairly small top toolbox and he spent about 3 hours cutting up filter boxes and sorting screws and stuff then arranging it all nice in the bottom drawer of the top box. My buddy waits for him to leave for the day and we pick up the top box, flip it over and SHAKE THE SHIT OUT OF IT then put it back. The next day he comes in and opens his box, turns BRIGHT red, locks his box, clocks out and goes home for the day. He never said a word about it and the prank war stopped.

Worst thing is a few years later we were talking about it with a different guy who worked there at the time and the different guy says "shit I'm the one who turned the lights out on you!"

Oops

27. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

don't forget about the little things you throw on the ground and they explode, I think you call them poppers, lift up the toilet seat and carefully put one where each of the buttons on the bottom of the seat go, now carefully set the seat on the poppers, next guy in gets the suprise of his life. My dad taught me that one when i was a kid. :D My favorite prank was one he pulled when i was just a kid in the 70's, He used to work at an industrial gasses plant, they got those "new fangled" walkie talkies like the police use, everything that went out over a handset went out all over the plant on the PA system, and through large speakers outside, well someone decided to go hold a walkie talkie in the toilet bowl and flush it. This resulted in a giant loud flushing sound echoing across the plant, and all the formen going nuts trying to figure out where in the miles of piping it came from. he would bring that walkie talkie home and the pranks and body noises that would come across it were a riot. We have leaking gas in section 5 (fart over air) etc

28. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Once when a fellow mechanic finished a light repair on a stinky cattle trailer, he headed for the toilet to take a dump. While he was in there, we (about 5 guys) replaced several push in marker light bulbs with flashbulbs that had the same slip in connection AFTER he had all the lenses screwed back down. The boss's camera had those little flash bulbs. We worked fast!

When he came back to test the repair, about 18 lights blew out when he hit the switch.

He just changed them all again.

29. this is fun go to the mall find a good spot to park were you can see several cars real good. put notes on a few under the drivers wiper saying how sorry you are for hitting their car and that you have no insurance so you had to leave. the poor bastards will walk around and around feeling the car looking under over all over to find something wrong.they will be so pissed. best of all no damage just laughs or do it to your buddies

30. wrench409

wrench409
    Member Emeritus
    from Here

Good one Racer-x.

My son used to put 'Ricer Tickets' on those damn 'ferrin' cars with bus pipes, fins, airfoils, and crap mounted on them. The tickets looked real.