Register now to get rid of these ads!

Stolen! 1937 Ford Panel Truck- Phoenix, Arizona - UPDATE: RECOVERED!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by zellerware, Aug 10, 2010.

1. SportSedan

SportSedan

Realy nice ending!!, great job Nick!.

2. Sometimes out here in the ol' west you gotta send out your own posse- and if you're stealing hot rods, better watch your back...'cause a hot rodder's gonna find ya!

And to think Nick's H.S english teacher thought he'd never turn out to be anybody... Rock N Roll Nick, Rock N Roll. :cool:

P.S. I talked to a freind that works for the Feds (in Maricopa County), and he said most likely that truck was heading off to a storage container, then across the border. He also said even if someone, say on vacation in Mexico would've seen and ID'd it, the Fedarolies(?) wouldn't of done a damn thing about it...

3. Nick Flores

Nick Flores

Thank you for you kind offer but its really not necessary. I'm very happy to know that I played a part in helping this family recover the car. The phone call I recieved from Mr. Blake this evening was the best reward I could ever recieve.

I'm just plum curious about this statement. My english teachers always liked me... It was the math teachers that always gave me grief.:rolleyes:

4. 32ford5

32ford5
    from Australia

And yet I insist. Come on man, let us shout you and your buddies a beer for doing this good thing.

If you really have a hard time taking a reward take the money and pay it forward.

5. Muttley

Muttley

[​IMG]

6. Nick! Fantastic job buddy! That was just genius taking the pictures of the truck and the idiots who had it! Evidence for the cops of the culprits and the tow rig! Wow!
    Nick you are better than the National Guard!
    If you are ever in Iowa...dinner is on me!

Nick should be HAMB'r of the YEAR!

7. DougHH

DougHH

thats freakin awesome nick. now lets hope those blokes get 3 flavours of f'ed up in prison.

8. It dosen't get any better for a bad beginning, A HAMBER catches the bad guys and Sheriff Joe get's to keep them. Maybe Joe reads the HAMB and will shoot us a pic of them in pink undies.

9. Glad to see a good outcome to this one..
    So many don't turn out so well.

Rick
    ====================================

10. First great to hear of the find. Is it possible a well organized ring could scout out the desirable cars and then buy the paper ( titles ) that you see for sale to match, then steal it. Maybe thats why DMVs are tyring to get tougher?

11. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Wow! Terrible story. Then nice HAMBer detective work. Then GREAT story!

Too cool.

12. Good work Nick. Without being philosophical, everything happens for a reason in my belief. Fate, Karma, whatever. You were just in the right place at the right time......Speaking of Karma, how do the "accused" like the tents of Maricopa County Jail in the summer heat?

13. Floater03

Floater03
    from Byron Ga.

Fantastic news! New to the HAMB and it makes me feel good about being here:D,hope others have the same luck. Great job Nick!!

14. robleticia

robleticia

AYE! Way to go Nick! The power of the HAMB!

15. LOWFOMOCO

LOWFOMOCO
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good eye Nick, what are the chances? This place is awesome!!

16. Deuces

Deuces

Huh?? What?? How about for the whole year??? :) Way to go Nick! :D

17. 1950ChevySuburban

1950ChevySuburban
    Member Emeritus
    from Tucson AZ

YAY! GOOD STUFF! Way to go NICK!

need louvers ? likes this.
  18. kingpins

kingpins

amazing...simply amazing. I'm not sure if i could be any luckier to be apart of a hobby/community that looks after one another like the hot rod guys do. this is what its really all about in the end. cars/ good friends and memories.
    congratulations to the family for there recovery and to Nick Flores for the find. i think all of us here on the HAMB should be lucky to have guys like Nick in this hot rod community.

19. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

This is awesome. Gotta love the way you Arizona boys roll!

20. 53Crestline

53Crestline

Amen to that Kingpins. I'm very glad to be a part of something as solid as this as well. You wanna find a stand up guy or gal? Look in any direction on here.

That said, I just have to add another one..."GREAT FRICKEN WORK NICK!" Not only does the family appreciate your work, but it affects the rest of anyone this story touches proving there ARE still people out there that will "get involved" even if they have no stake in it! We all appreciate that!

Bravo!

21. Tuff Tin

Tuff Tin

How cool that these A holes have been caught. Now if Sheriff Joe had a heart, he'd turn them over to us.

22. pardner

pardner

Kudos to all those involved in the apprehension of these lowlifes. I hope they go away for a long time on numerous charges.

23. Strange Agent

Strange Agent
    from Ponder, TX

Good work! I'm really glad to see a happy ending to one of these stories.

24. 68wagon

68wagon

Friggin Awsome nick what a great ending to a heart wrenching tale hope they rot in jail for a long time

25. cuda65vpt

cuda65vpt
    from colordo

Somebody a few pages back offered up his sharp knife to sever their balls. I offer my dull one to perform the castration.;)

26. RodStRace

RodStRace

Great story with a happy ending!
    I'm hoping they serve time bent over, then get deported!

27. yeah that works to!:D

28. Jobe

Jobe
    from Austin, Tx

Awesome! Good job and good eye.

29. HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM

HOLLYWOOD GRAHAM
    from Ojai,Ca

Two bits says the trailer is stolen too. Hats off to NICK.......

30. HELL YA!! viva la HAMB!!! great job nick!