Register now to get rid of these ads!

Features Modifieds only!!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by kustombuilder, Oct 23, 2004.

1. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

First name Tommy? If anyone could post a pix or two... I'd be grateful. Gary

2. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

These are Kirks pics, so hope he doesn't mind me posting them. I have the body, grill shell, frame. It's starting to get mocked up but I still need alot of parts to complete it. Oh, and ya I knew you came up with the name. I thought it was funny but it suits it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  3. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Oh man that's cool! You need to get that puppy up and rolling pronto. I used to be all over Yuma damn near every day between Oct. and April working. My '48 Plymouth actually knows the way there and the way home all by itself ! I literally drove that 200 mi. each way almost every day. Miss that town...

4. MikeRose

MikeRose
    from Yuma, AZ

Thats how I feel about the el centro/calexico area. I used to make that drive so much i felt like i could practically go to sleep and wake up at home. haha

If you ever come thru let me know and you can stop by and take a look at the car and we can grab a burger or something.

Ya, I need to get it going. I have some of the suspension and have some front brakes, but still need front and rear axles.

5. Garry Carter

Garry Carter

Saw the subject line, and couldn't resist! But didn't realize this thread was as old as it is.

For the guy -- several years ago -- who dis'ed my steering arm 'cause it was bent -- you couldn't be more wrong. It wasn't bent to clear the headlight ... it's because the arm needs to be in the same plane as the radius rod. And the bend means that the connection at the pitman arm and at the spindle meeting that objective ... they just do so via that bend.

My little modified is in the process of being blown apart and rebuilt. New steering (cowl?), new carbs (Stromberg side drafts), new front brakes (Lincoln), a full hood, patch panels, a new radiator shell to replace the Waukesha unit, and some shiny paint. It'll be back on the road in a year or so. Meanwhile, here's a recent photo of how it looked before I began tearing it apart.
    Garry Carter

Attached Files:

Stovebolt likes this.
  6. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Burgers and Beer off 4th ave. with the hot young waitresses? Hell I have to that direction soon, might give you a yell....

7. KIRK!

KIRK!

Here ya go...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. Scott B

Scott B
    from Colorado?

Oh, enough already...

9. Alfster

Alfster

Both

10. Nethery

Nethery
    from Palm Coast

I like the Desorta just as well as the Legion. Different but good.

11. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

hey Kirk! Chip here - Hell I know what the legion special looks like! I meant the Desorta! It's always nice to see the Legion though...

12. gnichols

gnichols
    from Tampa, FL

Thanx... I think I remember seen that project now. Gary

13. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

So here is mine, so far... always seems to be last on the list of things to get done. Right behind customer stuff, girlfriends car, the house,etc. Front tires have changed to firstone ribs since this.

Attached Files:

14. Boones

Boones
    from Kent, Wa
    1. Northwest HAMBers

What are folks using for radiators in their modifieds. I have pinched my rails and now i am looking for a radiator that is about 16" wide and around 22 tall or so.

any ideas.. talked to walker and they do not have anything.. maybe a tractor ??

15. Years ago I used a Farmall tractor rad. on a roadster we built. It was the only thing I could find that would fit. I beleive e were working witha 17" width where it mounted. I think there's a pic of the finished car in my album (sorta street roddy, it was the 80's).
    It worked fine, even with solid hood sides. FWIW

16. junkmonger

junkmonger

These guys can build you one: http://www.portellradiator.com/default.php
    They will build to your specs, they do good work and they're reasonably priced. I am not affiliated with them, but I got one similar to your specs in aluminum for I think $445 shipped to me. They also do brass/copper if that's what you want. I'd definitely give them a call. Have dimensions and what you're going to use for a grill shell and they'll fix you up.

17. SanDiegoJoe

SanDiegoJoe

Lots of guys use early Mustang radiators. The 6's had the top tube on one side, the 8's on the other. I don't remember which was which, though.

- Joe

18. kingpins

kingpins

heres my lil mod i made. body is home made also 2x3 frame

19. George Miller

George Miller
    from NC usa

Here are a couple of mine

Attached Files:

20. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

That was Kevin Lee's car and later mine.
    [​IMG]

21. retroridesbyrich

retroridesbyrich
    from Central NC

The Thimble Drome Special...

Attached Files:

69thumper and charleyw like this.
  22. sota

sota

Doesn't get any better then this!!! Great car Rich

23. kingpins

kingpins

yes its a glass body i made from scratch, its based off a T body and i made it wider and longer. wood, foam and steel structure then wrapped in glass.

24. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Any pics of these without the bodies on them? Especially the rear end section of the frame?

25. George Miller

George Miller
    from NC usa

My Hill climb car.

Attached Files:

26. kingpins

kingpins

here are some rear pics. none without the body

Attached Files:

27. pikesan99

pikesan99

Hey Chip, you forgot to mention the new Esslinger intake you're running. Good luck with the build... will it have any louvers?

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ahhh... That manifold is already hanging on the side of that 2300... And HELL YES! That puppy is gonna look like a cheese grater!More specifically, Hood sides, sides of the belly pans, underneath the belly pans complete! It's just so damn hard walking past it to get to the paying work...

29. Details please oh and fucking WOW! Kill work!!!

-Shiny

30. Philsr

Philsr
    from Telford PA

Two modifieds and original 33 speedster, all street driven quite often by this happy 70 yo

Attached Files: