Register now to get rid of these ads!

unadvertized secrert abilities

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by rustdodger, Aug 2, 2010.

1. Used to use this on finger tips when rock climbing.

2. T-Time

T-Time
    from USA

Nope! That's an "urban myth".

Source: http://www.supergluecorp.com/about.html

3. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

Just to add to the Super Glue story. Super Glue is also used to develop finger prints on objects in criminal investigations. Crime labs will put the item they want to find finger prints on in a sealed chamber with a small dish of Super Glue on a hot plate. The vapors from the Super Glue will adhere to the finger prints making them visible. According to one of the reality crime shows this technique was discovered by accident in Japan in a plastics assembly plant. Workers were assembling parts with Super Glue and heating the parts and found they could see their finger prints.

4. shortbed65

shortbed65
    from ne Ill

Wypall waterless hand wipes to remove oil and dirt stains from carpets

5. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

I know this asshole that uses Preperation H on his face. Says it makes him look 10 years younger.

6. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

OLD USED CAR LOT trick, put banana skins in rear end to prevent howling noise. I could never figure out how they would get them in there to begin with.:mad:

7. This works GREAT

Also Coleman white gas from the old camp stove is a good parts cleaner

8. Coleman white gas is about $60 a gallon over here - it'd be cheaper to use vodka.

9. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

The Vodka is more fun too!

10. BuiltFerComfort

BuiltFerComfort

Coleman white gas is just low-octane unleaded gasoline without some of the aggressive fuel line cleaners, and with some extra stabilizer. So, gasoline works too. Quite flammable! Use caution.

11. Many of the large plastic storage containers sold by stores like Home Depot have a notch that allows you to drop in metal rods to use to hang Pendaflex storage folders (these are the hanging storage folders you see in most file cabinets).

Charlie Stephens

12. ak's-r-us

ak's-r-us
    from oregon

after wasting hours trying every chemical known to the bodyshop industry to remove dryed windshield urathane from my hands.... i discovered that the juice from a Carls Jr double western bacon cheeseburger effortlessly dissolves the crap.

13. adamshumard

adamshumard

I guess if I ever swallow my wrigleys I'll follow it with a burger.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  14. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

I wouldn't use it today, a lot of it is made in countries like China, and isn't made to medical standards, who knows what the heck is in it? it could have stuff like hantovirus from rats, someone wiped their ass, who knows? they make it in medical form and it's sold at wally world, it's sterile and not that much.

15. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Before doing a greasy task scrape your nails down a bar of soap. You'll be much happier at clean up time.

16. plym_46

plym_46
    from central NY

Carl's Jr burger grease, Perhaps that is why lard was used in the making of soap.............back before it was a beauty item.

17. slickschoppers

slickschoppers
    from Iowa

this too is what it was originally intended for... it originally was intended to clean up oil and spills, until a guy thought to sell it door to door for cats.

http://www.pawsonline.info/cat_litter.htm

18. oldskoolflyer13

oldskoolflyer13

if the wifey has copper bottom pots n pans....use some vinegar and salt...works wonders and she will think you worked your a** off

19. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

salt and cooking oil will clean cast iron, then wash it out with water, and stick it in the oven to dry off the water.

20. jamesgs4

jamesgs4
    from denver

No, works great!

21. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

A buddy of mine used the super glue trick on a bad cut on time, said thats actually what it was made for. Duct tape DOES made a damn good cup holder, found that years ago!

22. lostforawhile

lostforawhile

the stuff they sell with the swabs is superglue, but it's sterile. just like they use at the hospital. duct tape also works great over a band aid to stop it from coming off in grease and oil. in a pinch you can stick electrical tape over a cut.

23. hdv32

hdv32

Best hand cleaner I have found. I keep a spray bottle of 50/50 Simple Green and water in the garage, spray your hands, rub vigoursly, and dry. Doesn't dry out hands, smells good, and cleans well.

Also for a really messy job rub a small amount of dish detergent into your hands before starting a dirty job and the clean up is easy.

24. 4tl8ford

4tl8ford
    from Erie, Pa

I use spray vegtable oil (PAM) to cover parts that I don't have a lot of time to put into.
    It's flammible also

25. Frank

Frank

Smearing ketchup all over the copper works too and with less elbow grease.

26. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Really? You learn something new every day.

27. BAILEIGH INC

BAILEIGH INC
    Alliance Vendor

Leather belt to remove oil filter, its not as messy as hammering a screwdriver through it!

28. Thumper

Thumper

Lavoris mouthwash with pucker power in your old ladys douche bottle works two ways...... makes it sweeter for the eater and tighter for the peter....:D

29. I found out that black electrical tape used in mass quantities will stop a 37 stitch spurting leg wound right up and could actually be done before one loses consciousness.

30. bwahahahahahaha