Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Modification Do You Regret?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tommy R, Aug 10, 2010.

1. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

Sure,.. i believe you:rolleyes:

2. OldSchool64

OldSchool64

Pulling out all of the original wiring to "clean things up" and then installing new wiring. The truck has not run since!

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  3. Toner283

Toner283

Next time try a gas powered concrete cut off saw with a metal blade in it. lets you do stupid things 3 times as fast as with a sawzall. :D:D

you know the old saying... A friend will come & bail you out of jail but a true friend will be sitting in jail with you saying that was fun 'til the cops showed up.....:)

4. A 4"chop combined with a 4" section and 3" channel to a 32 pick-up cab. Ended up selling the truck to a midget...

5. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

thats 11'', was the midget cramped??!!

6. he solved the problem by tuck and rolling the floor and removing the "shelf" from the back of the cab and tuck and rolling that too.

7. fender lizard

fender lizard
    from mcallen tx

I ruined my 26 t, i chopped it 9in. channeled it 3. then it has a 6in drop axle with bags on the rear. It looks like my vision inspired by cartoonish cars.....to bad people dont really drive those cars, at least not safe nor comfortably.

8. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

Now that shit is funny!

9. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

OT car, but I regret taking a 74' Nova w/ 34,000 miles and dechroming everything, shaving the handles, and laying it in the weeds. It was a plain jane 6cyl car (no big loss) but I had a lot of time and effort into it and two years later the MONOCHROMATIC paint fad was over!

10. coolbreeze1340

coolbreeze1340
    from Indiana

OH yeah, I regret the PO on my wagon adding flames! I didn't do it but I can still regret it!

11. There are a few, but what I regret the most is not thoroughly educating myself on eras and styles before making costly decisions.

Ignorance is bliss, and then it's expensive.;)

12. Not "ruined".....You just have an uncomfortible, hot, loud, cartoonish, fairgrounds cruiser! Comfort be damned.......I like it!

13. happy hoppy

happy hoppy

this is good advice, of course I read this too late but, pick an era and stick to it.

I regret shaving the rocker moldings on my 54.
    I regret using a "cheap" chromer for my bumpers, 2 years later and they need a re-do.

14. Done like a kipper:(
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2__Hk1todQ

15. 100% Matt

100% Matt

I learned the hard way you should install your exhaust system after you lower your car......

16. I regret buying a project vehicle I could pay for immediately instead of saving up and buying a better starting project. I now have twice as much in a pile of junk as I would have had in a decent truck. Problem is, this isn't the first time I have done it,but its the last.

17. Shaved doorhandles. They were okay when the top was off, but later.................

18. RobErnst

RobErnst

:D Sounds like you MIGHT need to MOD the Wife! :D

19. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

Only chopping my last deuce 2 dr 3.5 inchs, should have went more.

20. RobErnst

RobErnst

Yes, I am indeed a Male Lesbian as well.
    :rolleyes:

21. blue 49

blue 49
    from Iowa

I always say "I'm gonna start with something decent next time." Still hasn't happened.

22. junkyardjeff

junkyardjeff

Yanking the Y block from my 55 sunliner,I originally planned to adapt a modern trans to the original 272 but I installed a 351/C-4. The 351 just never looked right under the hood so I got a 292 and a FMX that will be going in next year

23. 41 C28

41 C28

Using cheap gauges.

24. zgears

zgears

I when I first started..... cut the car body to fit the patch panel. should have cut the patch down to only what I needed to fill. PATCH PANELS ARE NEVER CORRECT.

25. 41Plymouth4dr

41Plymouth4dr
    from Tioga, PA

I had one in primer for almost 8yrs, and it was a daily driver too, just scuffed & reprimed before winter each year saying I will paint it come spring.
    Well finally the 8th spring it got painted & by the beginning of summer I traded it, the only thing I wish, after all those years & different wheels & things changed thru the years that I took pics of, after it was painted(custom color I mixed) I took a few pics & lost them in a flood :(

26. dprodder

dprodder

Putting a Ford engine into my deuce.

27. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Never thought I would admit it, but...

1. Too much carburetion (dual 4's on a polished crossram)
    2. Too much cam (560 lift 7500 rpm 358)
    3. Too much gear (4.88 Posi, 4000 rpm at 60mph)
    4. Too much noise (Cherry Bomb header mufflers, no tail pipes...)

Built my high school dream car. Now it is done, but now I am an "old" man...

It is still fun for short periods at a time though!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GslLKzhPth8

28. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

We been there done that too...

29. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

I say that every time as well, and it always seems I'm rubbing the paddles of life to reinvigorate whatever turd I dragged home this week!

30. 41Plymouth4dr

41Plymouth4dr
    from Tioga, PA

:(I bought an "EASY" project('41 Plymouth) that was a running driving car & I was going to be just pull the flathead 6cyl/3sp out & put V8/auto in & fix a couple of small rust holes & sand & prime & drive.
    :( BUT after pulling & selling the 6cyl I decided to take fenders off,etc.....since then a couple of heart attacks & other health problems I can't finish the car.
    :) Now the car is for sale or trade to get a turnkey vehicle.