Register now to get rid of these ads!

Frog Follies

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by bigblockrik, Aug 10, 2010.

1. bigblockrik

bigblockrik

Ok we got the nats behind us.Who is going to the follies this be our first time.We have heard nothing but good things about the show.We will heading out early friday morning about a 4 hour ride there.Hope the weather will be ok.

2. BLUDICE

BLUDICE

3. We will be set up there stop in and say hello!!

4. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

I plan to be there, Great event!

5. 40Standard

40Standard
    from Indy

I'll be there Friday, August 27th

6. xhotrodder

xhotrodder

Evansville, In. Just follow the street Rods. It is at the Fairgrounds. It is by far the best rod run in the central area of the states. Where else can you get entry into a great rod run, a really nice t-shirt, free coffee and donuts on Sunday morning, A country dance on Fri. night, rock & roll dancing on Sat. night, and a free dinner on Sat. evening. Plus their drink and food prices are so reasonable. Where else can you get a value like that, plus help out a great charity, plus possibly win some great prizes on sunday. The whole town helps out and they really welcome you also.

7. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I'll be there in the rusty 48 chevy flatbed for Friday and Saturday.

8. Trucked Up

Trucked Up

Me too. Just hope somebody turns the heat down....:D

9. yngrodder

yngrodder

Illl be there again, This is the one show my wife really likes to go to,

10. I will too. Normally come on Saturday, but going to give Friday a try. This is a great event and the swap is usually one of the best!

11. bigblockrik

bigblockrik

We have a show called the Pumpkin Run.Great show reasonable entry fee same thing entertainment both nights bean supper on saterday,tee shirt,coffee and doughnuts on sunday.The car club donates to the shriners great event.

12. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

Can't agree more!! Always a highlight of the summer. We'll have about a dozen from our area traveling there.

13. yngrodder

yngrodder

Where in OHIO is that show? Whats the dates? Is it pre 48 also? I might be interested in taking a ride that direction,

14. tricky steve

tricky steve
    from fenton,mo.

you won't be dissapointed, they are some super nice people (e'ville iron car club) that put it on.. but if we could turn down the heat, that would be good too..
    are ya going to be in the car in your avatar? if so i'll say hey if i see ya !!
    i'll bring the a-bone truck, and if it's not gonna rain and be 800 degrees, i'l bring the roadster too.. say hey if ya see us

Attached Files:

15. I haven't been to a lot of street rod specific shows but I went a couple years in a row 98 & 99 and I had a blast. Before that I had only been to Street Machine nats as the biggest show I'd ever been to. It was just good clean fun for the whole family.

I'm not going but wish I was.

16. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

It is in Evansville, Indiana. August 27-29. Pre-48 ALWAYS!

17. deucetruck

deucetruck
    from Missouri

We'll be there in the little black truck. I'll look for your pickup - I like it !

18. yngrodder

yngrodder

I was asking about the Pumkin run that Big Block Rick was talking about, I have been to the Frog Follies Many of times.

19. primed34

primed34

I'll be there all three days with my '34. Been going since '82. Don't want to miss one now.

20. 193257

Hopefully I will be there on Saturday. I've been punchin louvers in their dash plaques for 20 + years . Did 4200 plaques this year and they said their pre registration was up probably due to the NSRA. Great bunch of guys and gals.

21. Several friends are coming up from Austin. I'm going to hook up with them somewhere along the way.

22. 48 Poncho

48 Poncho
    from Tennessee

Definitely the one show a year I look forward to the most. Just can't say enough good things about the club and what they accomplish. You will not be disappointed. What they have done for Easter Seals and St. Jude's in the past is nothing short of fantastic. Anything above cost to run the show goes to charity. Was thrashing like crazy to make it but have had a little set-back so will be in the daily but for sure will be there in the Poncho next year!

48 Poncho

23. sk_rodz

sk_rodz

It is always the first weekend of October. Do a search for Pumpkin Run Nationals, and it will bring up all the pics and info from last years show. definately a show you don't want to miss.

24. Flipper

Flipper
    from Kentucky

I saw your truck there last year. The paint looks like a mirror! If I knew you were a HAMB'r I would have tried to track you down and said hi. Maybe this year.

[​IMG]

25. larry k

larry k

a 'lil' known fact ! our good buddy VERNON WALKER of NSRA fame,, tried to buy the follies a few years back to make a small NSAR event out of it, the evil iron car club said piss off vern ,it's our show, and we are glad they did,so when you see any of them with the yellow shirts give "em" a hand shake and a thanks for the good job,,,

26. bigblockrik

bigblockrik

The pumpkin Run is a1970 and older show.They have entertainment friday and saturday night.A bean supper on saturday night and breakfast on sunday.The give away car this year is a 32 5 window coupe!! The split the pot is 15 to 20 grand each day! The fastiques put on one hell of a show and they donate alot of money to the shriners about 50 grand last year way to go guys.They had about 2900 cars last year.The show is Oct 1st 2nd and 3rd Be there!!

Last edited: Aug 11, 2010
  27. 32STUPRES

32STUPRES

Be there Thursday 1-2PM..If you've never been, you'll love it...for you swappers, the swap meet is huge and is held on chat and blacktop..been going since 1977 when they had a whopping 250 cars...I expect approx 4,000 this year..I go to runs all over and if the Good Lord called me in the morning and said I could only go to one event next year - - - it would be no decision - - - definitely Evansville for the Frog Follies...Hope to see you there!!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

28. lo-buk

lo-buk
    from kcmo

We will be there in the 35 coupe,great show.

29. HotRod33

HotRod33

I'll be up there Friday night and saturday... will have the 33 there .. if you see us stop and say hi...

Attached Files:

30. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

Frog Follies and Pumpkin Run are two of my favorite events.