Register now to get rid of these ads!

What Modification Do You Regret?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Tommy R, Aug 10, 2010.

1. fiveohnick2932

fiveohnick2932
    from Napa, Ca.

3" Flowmasters

Sound cool when you are outside the car but not when you are in traffic on the highway!

Changing my mufflers this week (may be here today), Ive had enough!

2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Ya, for many years I have regretted getting drunk with Elpolacko and deciding my Plymouth needed to be a convertible! Bastard didn't even try to talk me out of it, just smiled and revved up the saws all! But, you say the Plymouth in my avatar isn't a convertible? Exactly!!!

3. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I thought I was going to regret putting a 265 Chevy in over a 365 Cadillac but I have grown a great appreciation for these early Chevy V8's now so I have zero regret. In fact I have changed my tune so much I am not sure that ol Caddy will ever get used. I love it for sure but I don't have a car for it so it might just move on down the line.

4. Lord Purple

Lord Purple

Now that's funny!

L.P.

5. Weasel

Weasel

Subframing my '59 Elk with a Nova subframe. Sold it for cents on the $ because it didn't have the original front frame clip...duh!

6. I wanted a clean front for my sbc engine.
    I used an electric water pump and hung the alternator off the drive-shaft.
    It had a killer look!
    The electric water pump fails every 2,000 miles, so I carry a spare.
    The "hidden" alternator was stupid. I used jumper cables more times than a person has a right to use 'em.
    The 3" exhaust was also challenging so I insulated the trunk and passenger compartment to the max and solved that problem along with the huge by large truck mufflers. Still sounds wicked!
    The too large cam was a challenge too. Say "good bye" to your power brakes.
    An electric boost-vacume pump helps..... but it too creates another annoying noise.

Live and learn.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  7. KCTA Chris

KCTA Chris

Power windows, tilt column and a Tweed insert in the seat.

8. conormulroney

conormulroney

X2 on the shaved door handles. No solenoids, just vent windows on a daily driver are a pain and I think it limits the look. WWW and steelies; great. 60's mag wheels; not so great.

9. 57tony31

57tony31
    from Woods

Being in a hurry to find a car body wish i would of waited to find a 31 chevy.

10. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

worst mistake for me was shaving the handles also. 4 of them on a wagon, only one door would pop open. If I had it to do over, would only do the rear doors.

11. confederate

confederate

I shaved the rear doors once. It was cool until I really needed something out of the back seat.

12. teddyp

teddyp

putting a 6 in a old chevy because it sounded cool have a v-8 in a old chevy now no regrets

13. temper_mental

temper_mental
    from Texas

It threw the look off for me. Years later I sectioned one and it looked great live and learn.

14. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

In a dazed state- I let Tucker tire talk me into buying street rod directional radials. When I installed them 3 days later on the car- I knew it was a big mistake.
    I lived with them for 2 years, then changed them to what I originally wanted.
    My storage unit is getting full! :eek:

15. Jkustom

Jkustom
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I only half way regret swapping my 6 for a v-8.. I miss the sound and gas milage, but love the new power..

16. LIL.TIMMYUser Name

LIL.TIMMYUser Name

17. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

channeling my RPU 5 inches. seemed like a great way to get that low look but i'm strugglin up a storm to fit everything in and still have room for me! i don't wanna stick up outta the bucket like i see all those tall guys doin. (no offense tall dudes) i want to sit IN my car, not ON it. :)

18. hot rust

hot rust

i regret slanting the B posts on the merc in my avatar. after looking at alot more pics, less is more.

19. Original Gangster

Original Gangster

Pete Jackson gear drive, 1st trip I knew it was a mistake. Another, full length store bought headers on a lowered car, it always drug & scraped.

20. Rocket-Boy

Rocket-Boy

i've never told any body this, but, i regret being born with a penis. sometimes i cry so hard and prey to god that i will wake up from this horrible dream of having a penis, god doesn't listen.
    so, sometimes late at night i pull my penis as hard as i can, place it gently between my butt cheeks and dance to madonna "i'm a virgin". because only god knows i am on the inside.

thanks for listening guys, i really appreciate it.

21. rgaller

rgaller

Are the gear drives really noisy, or why don't you like it?

22. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

its been years since i really regretted anything i did on a car. im not too thrilled with the dark primer on my wagon but its temporary so im not too bothered. would love to have it a pastel color again

[​IMG]

i miss this color....
    [​IMG]

what i really regret most of all is what i did to this poor car years and years ago....ugh, i still get nightmares

from this

[​IMG]

to this...

[​IMG]

to this...(for 3 years)

[​IMG]

to this after watching it sit for 3 years...i just didnt give a crap what it looked like, i put a big block in (455) and drove the wheels off. shes on to a better place now, sold to a barrett jackson rebuilder

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

OT, i know...deal with it lol

23. This is where I'm at right now. I love to look at the alternative motors other people have but a simple, clean sbc is the only thing that works for me.

24. UnsettledParadox

UnsettledParadox

a penis has a hard life. his hairs always a mess, his family is nuts, his neighbor is an asshole and his owner beats him all the time!

25. Butcher's Shop Customs

Butcher's Shop Customs
    from Paducah KY

HaHa! I done the exact thing with a 65 CJ5, including buying a brand new fiberglass tub. Just not a good rig for a six foot tall guy, I could only drive with the doors off so my left foot would rest on the nerf bars!

26. Rocket-Boy

Rocket-Boy

leaving the work computer un attended ^
    |

27. Deuces

Deuces

Stuffin' a BIG ol' cam in a Windsor for my o/t car...

28. zmcmil2121

zmcmil2121

Yeah, and he is always getting choked and then stuffed in the dark with no knowledge of what is going on until he pukes. But a plus side is he always has soft skin.:rolleyes:

Last edited: Aug 10, 2010
  29. I regret not making that kind of move eighteen years earlier!

There's a bunch of stuff I regret: shitty buckets and console in O/T '66 Belvedere to replace perfectly good column shift and bench, parting '70 Road Runner instead of fixing it... Regret not putting 383 and 4 speed I had into '67 Belvedere 4 door (very, very straight; already set up for clutch), instead of using it as a parts car).

Moving on to on-topic cars, I regret most of the stuff I bought from 440 Source. I don't regret the heads yet, but we'll see... everything else seems to have been problematic.

-Bill

30. Byron Crump

Byron Crump

Putting power windows on my merc (that I no longer have).

Hated them...never worked good and just were not cool.