Register now to get rid of these ads!

What are these wheels off of?(pedal car)

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by HotRodMonkey, Aug 10, 2010.

1. HotRodMonkey

HotRodMonkey

I'm building a Radio Flyer Hot Rod wagon for my the coolest little dude in the world, for Christmas, and would love to use these wheels.

They look so familiar. Did they come off of a Hand Truck/Dolly? That's the best I can figure out.

Attached Files:

2. seems like I've seen some similar to those on golf club hand carts

3. StanDaManTX

StanDaManTX
    from The South

lawnmower wheels. You can get them at Ace Hardware or any hardware store, at least they look like the ones I have bought before

4. A lot of the commercial casters and wheels are die cast aluminum hubs with poly treads. That's what they look like to me, polished of course. Google Colson Casters.
    My .02

5. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

I bet that they are one off CNC billet wheels.

6. Google "Thom Taylor pedal car"

7. I like these - 6"x3".

Steve

Attached Files:

8. HotRodMonkey

HotRodMonkey

Steve,
    Those are pretty sweet. Where did you find them?

9. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

no question, one off foose.

10. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Look like the might be off a heavy duty delivery grade hand truck like maybe a UPS guy or a mover might use, but installed with what would normally be the inside of the wheel on the outside.

Just a guess, though.

11. red baron

red baron
    from o'side

Those are sweet!! Where did you find them?

12. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Oh, hey .... Look at these:

[​IMG]

Those are available here:

HandTrucks.com Wesco Aluminum Hub Moldon Wheel

I'm guessing that those are the model listed as:

"8 in. Wheel/.625 Bore/Spoke Hub - Hub Length = 1.625 in. - Load Capacity = 300 lbs "

13. shmoozo

shmoozo
    from Media, PA

Also, check out pages 90 and 91 of the Wesco Industrial Products catalog linked HERE. The spoked ones on that hand truck I linked previously are on page 90, and there are some hot looking, super heavy duty CAST IRON spoked hub wheels on page 91.

14. KIRK

KIRK

I have seen some like that on hand trucks. Too bad Boyd is gone,he could make you a set.

15. HotRodMonkey

HotRodMonkey

Haha...I think I found them.

Attached Files:

16. They are cast aluminum (die cast I think) Astro go kart wheels - 6" diameter, 3" wide. Pretty much any online go kart parts house sells them. They are 2 piece bolt together with center bearings (5/8" or 3/4"). They have a sort of polished finish - probably tumbled. Would look great on a pedal car

17. from Streetrodderweb

High Art In Octane
    Thom Taylor with Terry Hegman
    While Thom Taylor doesn't build cars, his contribution as a designer and illustrator is just as great; he gives those top-shelf builders the ideas they need to craft the hot rods and customs of which the rest of us haven't even dreamed. In this case, he commissioned top-shelf tin man Terry Hegman to translate his designs to his pedal car.

The cockpit sides that Hegman trimmed to the beltline now transition gradually toward the cowl, whose leading edge has been moved forward. While the strip Hegman sectioned away from the body just above the lower character line made the body appear sleeker, it eliminated much of the cockpit space. He reclaimed that space and gave the car more visual authenticity by creating for it a lower valence that mimics the Deuce's characteristic visible framerails.

Thom's car got the customary axle-flip treatment, but his car's wheels are anything but ordinary: They're heavy-duty cast-aluminum hand-truck jobs that he found at an industrial supply house. Before Hegman released the car to Santini's Custom Paint, he gave the windshield a heavy chop and made spreader bars for the framerails. Fellow artist and all-around super guy Steve Stanford drew upon the color of the pleated interior to accentuate the Ford-sourced bright metallic blue.

By virtue of Thom Taylor's collaborations with some of the finest hot rod builders the industry has to offer, no less than four America's Most Beautiful Roadster winners bear his mark. While this car is considerably smaller, its form is a testimonial to its creator's eye nonetheless.

18. HotRodMonkey

HotRodMonkey

Perfect...thanks