Register now to get rid of these ads!

How was the Nats?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Framewelder, Aug 9, 2010.

1. Framewelder

Framewelder

Ok, Lets hear it. How was Louisville? I did not go but would like to hear some thoughts from people that did.:eek:

2. Started off really slow.. It was no secret they were 4000 entries down from last year from the stunt they pulled with opening up to 80s down cars..I mean what car was cool in the 80s? Swap meet prices were so high it was rediculous i asked a few people why everything was so high in there and they just replied "Street Rodders got money" ??Ok well that doesnt mean you have to gouge them on your used bumpers and tires.. I mean literally the used prices outside were a 25% mark down from the full priced same item brand new inside! However there were not alot at all of the 80s cars everybody was boycotting i think they got the hint that they were not invited.. I seen a few El Caminos and a Malibu in there but for the most part it was 98% Street rods.. By sat. the show was packed out and probobly on track matching where it was last year as far as entries go. It was so big there was about no way you could see everything unless you were really in shape and had some serious hiking boots on..

3. kpapesh

kpapesh
    from Ohio

I believe they ended shy of last year on entries, This years total was 10128 entries. Very few cars in there from the later 70s. Lots of 50s and 60s rides, which were cool to see. It's nice to see more and more traditional stuff every year. I guess they didn't get the influx of garbage that everyone feared, yet it still cost them a lot of entrants. The 30 year rule is crap and it still should be changed to a maximum 1972. I'd prefer 1960.

4. TN HEMI

TN HEMI

I was able to go on Saturday, we had a great time. It looked like there was a lot more grass showing then in the past, but we still couldn't see it all in one day

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. sota

sota

The Nats to be was the same,walked past the cars that I didn't care for and stopped and look at the ones I liked just like the years before. This goes for rat rides,poorly done cars and the new cars that they let start coming to the Nats.I had a great weekend seeing and BS with old friends.

6. 1946chevytruck

1946chevytruck
    BANNED
    from london ,ky

i was a small swap meet and the high prices are not worth me driving 4 hours for.plus the people were rude their .thanks

7. Pistnbroke

Pistnbroke
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

It was hot!! a lot of stuff to see, did a lot of inside shopping (air cond) but did not buy anything. Got to meet Darrel Starbird cool guy I like the Lil Coffin always a cool car to look at. The rarest car I saw there was one that was Not For Sale. if 10,000 cars were there 9,995 were for sale. Cars left our hotel at 4:30 am to drive 12 miles to the show just to get in line to try and get a good spot to park, Crazy! not me it was a vacation for us no rush.

8. ride00007

ride00007
    from Illinois

Speaking of rude... I had a confrontation with the owner of Southern Rods and Parts on Saturday. He was mad enough that he chased after me and made an ass of himself in front of about 100 people. I knew better than to buy their a/c under dash unit based on the feedback from members on this board. However I was checking out their dash louvers. The display louver was bound up and as I was trying to get it to actually rotate/function, the owner yelled at me and told me to leave his stuff alone. Enough said but he apparently didn't like where I set it back down at and came running after me. What an ass. And it showed in front of a mass of people and the other customers. We reported it to the NSRA who promptly addressed the issue. Not sure what they did but we did see them talking to him at his booth. It seemed as if there were a lot of impatient/rude people there but that joker stole the show. What kind of business owner treats customers like that? Within the hour, my business went to Yogis who have great service.

Overall, it was a nice show. Lots of cars to look at. It was hard to overlook some of the 70's cars. Grandpa's restored 1978 Buick Electra is a good example. But like it's already been mentioned, I walk on past the vehicles I'm not interested in. I'd guess it was still 90% street rods. Lots of nice cars and the exhibit halls and displays are great.

9. DJKY

DJKY

I liked the show a lot. I hadn't been in probably 6 or so years, but I enjoyed the wide range of cars there. I figured it would be a lot of random cars from the late 70's or so, but most of the horrid stuff I saw, still would have fallen into the old cutoff of pre 49.

10. Topper

Topper

I went to the Nats as I registered last year. I kept my word and did not display for my company. I checked on a room for next year. Hampton Inn, package deal, 4 night minimum for $800.00. Card will be charged the entire amount immediately. No thanks. I'm gone for sure and will be pulling my advertising from Street Scene.

11. greg32

greg32
    from Indiana

Kinda the same attitude I got from these people trying to return the wrong part they sent me. Screw em, lots of other vendors who dont knock off other companies products with cheap chinese stuff.

12. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

All the vendors I heard from said it was slow. Lots of lookers but not many buyers although some vendors said their sales were good. My products for the most part are purchased at the beginning of the project and the opinion in my area of the show was that lots of cars are getting rebuilt or updated and not as many are being started from scratch.