Register now to get rid of these ads!

The best damned pictures of Hotrodarama 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by The Rabid Whippet, Aug 7, 2010.

1. The Rabid Whippet: Great shots,,great looking show...

2. hotrod mike

hotrod mike

Talk about hot rod overload. Wow! There are some great cars up your way and thanks for taking the time and trouble to share them with us. I'm going back for a second look after I calm down...:D

3. hdv32

hdv32

Between Bass's account of his trip and your coverage of the show, it was the next best thing to being there.
    Thanks,

4. Thanks for the great pics..you truly captured the event.

5. hotrd32

hotrd32
    from WA

This one's my fav......thanks for all the work...really enjoyed the pics

[​IMG]

6. Muffin

Muffin
    from Layton, UT

It was like I was there. I have been to that show years ago and it was one of the funnest. Thanks wish I was there!

7. mj40's

mj40's

Why would someone build such a nice car and put worn out unsafe tires on the front??? [​IMG]

8. mj40's

mj40's

9. ^Thats what I figured. What a cool 60s custom that was brought back out from hibernation. When was the last time you saw so much copper plating on a car?

10. Johnny99

Johnny99

I bet, lotsa guys struggling with their two wheel drive pickups to get up the hill behind your car! What a great show, cars and people. Thank you very much Mr. Whippet for posting.
    John

11. Here are some other events that have some pretty cool cars from the NW.
    I think the next big one is the Infestation at The Triple XXX in a few weeks!!!! I will be going so you don't have to. A few of the same cars but alot of different ones.
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=496003&highlight=the+rabid+whippet

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=487702&highlight=the+rabid+whippet

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=393766&highlight=the+rabid+whippet

12. I can't answer that but thats why I captured the picture. It would be a shame to see such a cool car smacked up. It was raining when everyone left so this must have been a fun ride home.

13. moses

moses

excellent pics...steve but wheres the rain shots you must of left rite in time
    i was soaked by the time i left then the ride home was even funner the life
    of a roadster owner in washington.. im finally dry now .jeffrey

14. MODELA30

MODELA30

OK WHAT IS WITH THAT EXHAUST!!!!! KNUCK FROM INDIANA. ANY OTHER PICS OF THIS CAR? [​IMG]

15. Cut55-
    Your '55 is BAAAAD Ass! To me, it's 100% perfect!

What's under the hood? Lemme guess.........327?

16. The last couple pictures.

17. Model A John

Model A John
    from wichita ks

Great show, excellent photography!

18. Its an old Cadillac engine. Like 1948'ish. They exhausted out of the top like that. Coolest exhausting of an engine to date. Could you imagine the possibilities how you could run your pipes?

19. 32coupedeville

32coupedeville
    from cincy

who or what brand are the front tires? Size?

20. Bass

Bass
    from Dallas, TX

18" Firestone Implement tires. They say 'do not exceed 25 mph' on the sidewall.

Caught my eye also....that roadster is killer.

Thanks for the great photos, Rabid Whippet!

21. I was there and I took some pics, but nothing on the scale of The Rapid Whippets. Great show, cool cars and people. Rapid Whippet, I know there were a lot of cars, but I didn't see you post any pics of the dragsters that were lined up. Anyways, thanks for sharing with those who could not be there.

22. Yeah that was too weird? I saw them and I was ready to take pictures of them but I think that I have ADD I guess I got side tracked. If you have pictures of the dragsters, feel free to post them here.

23. fearnoevo

fearnoevo
    from Iowa

great pictures, thank you for all the hard work

24. bloodyjack

bloodyjack

Hey Steve you found my bare metal 27 on its first outing before the rain turned it brown

[​IMG]

25. Custom54

Custom54

Great pics Steve, sorry I couldn't make it down.

26. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Cool pics. Thanks for sharing!

27. THE_DUDE

THE_DUDE

I only hit a few dudes on the way out. Good to see so many H.A.M.B cars there.

Attached Files:

28. Hey, theres always the Infestation. Its a great show also and not quite as far for you guys. I could even put you guys up for the night for an early start the next morning. Its put on by the Rat Bastards. Don't get thrown off by the name, lots of top notch cool customs and Hotrods.

29. k-member

k-member

Great pics, man it was a slick one. First rain since the 4th of July. Had fun watching the cars trying to get up the hill.

30. Nice pictures Steve! I worked on the old heap until midnight then got up at 6 AM to hit it again. I got it all back together and opened the garage door to rain! What a bummer! The day wasn't lost. I drove the wife's car out to Jack Walkley's annual feed. That was a great show and gastronomical delight including a whole huge roasted pig. I would rather have driven to HRaR but it wasn't in the cards. Thanks for watching Mike, I understand he needs constant supervision now so his wife has sewn Chinese handcuffs in his pockets.
    Oh, yes, these ARE the best damned pictures of HRaR!
    See you next Thursday!