Register now to get rid of these ads!

Event Coverage +++ Up on the Roof / 2010 NSRA NATS +++

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by NITROFC, Aug 7, 2010.

1. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Found an unlock door and made my way to top Top of Freedom Hall for a few quick Vids...

Oh look at all the late models that were there ...:confused:

After all said & done still the Hot Rods & Street Rods has the place covered

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZekIM2l4b_Q&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZekIM2l4b_Q&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ztMiQB6IDwg&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ztMiQB6IDwg&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  2. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

4. Now get off the roof already ;)

Great pics by the way.

5. solid

solid

Looks like the boycott didnt work:D GREAT PHOTOS. WHO EVEN THINKS TO LOOK FOR THOSE ACCESS DOORS?

6. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

sure didn't, they still let the later stuff in.lol Numbers I have heard are about 2-3 thousand cars less than last year, so far.

7. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Just got home, they said 10108 registered at the car give away.

8. fab32

fab32
    Member Emeritus

That last picture sure looks like its dominated with late models.:(

Frank

9. nico32

nico32
    from fdl, wi

Could of been a car club that decided to setup there, the rest looked fairly decent. I'll probably be talking to the Kwik Wire guys at the shop on Monday to get the scoop.

10. stuart in mn

stuart in mn

I see one 1970s Torino, some 1960s cars, and the rest are 1950s or older.

11. Asphalt Outlaw Hero

Asphalt Outlaw Hero
    from Dixie

Anybody holler "don't jump,you'll hit my K car"?

12. crossthread

crossthread

I just got back home from loonieville. How about a picture of Camaro Lane on the front lawn? Lots of later models , And what I thought a different attitude. Run your ass over if you were in the crosswalk. I guess they were street racing not cruising. Okay I finished with that . Later JimB

13. Nice perspective another great post. Thanks

14. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Cool pics and videos. Nice angle to view from. Thanks for posting them.

Don't understand people whining about seeing a few 40 year old "late models" though. Go back and look at the "little pages" and see how many of those cars were "new" at the time. Heck, even a 40 Ford was "only" 22 years old in '62...

Cool cars are cool cars....

15. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

What they say does not mean

JACK POO !

We ALL know they lie ... and add numbers.

There is no way there are over 8 thousand cars on the fairgrounds.
    That's eighty rows of one hundred vehicles in each row. :(

This is about 100 cars ...

[​IMG]

So that's 80 groups like this ...

16. toms37gmc

toms37gmc

It's not the idea of having 1980 era cars there. It's the idea that what was once the largest all pre-1949 event is now just another big all inclusive car show.
    It's not worth the dollars, time, and effort to attend that it was when it was really a all street rod event. I can see plenty of good cars at the same type of show, (actually with earlier cutoff dates), by going to BTT50s, or a number of Good Guys shows that are a lot closer and more fun to attend. And yes I drive my 1937 pickup to them.

17. Geez, you guys never give up do you? I had a blast! And, really enjoyed looking at the bigger variety of cars. By the way, look at the picture of the cars with all grass-that's BA King's white 59 El Camino. We met-great guy as all HAMBERs are!

18. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

"IT JUST AINT RIGHT" :mad:

19. Thank you for post the photos,,I appears there were a lot of nice cars including some late 50's and early 60's

Whatever floats your boat I guess,,

I joined The National STREET ROD Association in the mid 70's when it catered to pre 48,,when it changed
    i didn't renew my membership,,

Had they followed along the lines of the pre 64 idea like the Hamb I could have gone along with it and remained loyal.

I know I'm gonna step on some toes here but I ain't gonna drive that far to see cameros,chevelles,dodge chargers and mustangs.I can see the same mix on any Saturday night cruise-in save a lot of money and sleep in my on bed at night.

NSRA changed,,I didn't.:rolleyes: HRP

20. wizzard23

wizzard23

Looks pretty much like a "car show" to me. Oh yeah, seein' that dumb ass UPS truck never gets old!!!!!!!:(

21. enjenjo

enjenjo
    from swanton oh

That's my pink Marlin parked next to it. Our paths never crossed all weekend, we were to busy doing things.

22. Stating number of cars registered is a subtly different thing than stating the number of cars present. ;)

There very well could have been 10000 cars "registered" as there will be people that don't bring their cars for one reason or another. My family will register multiple cars for events such as this (GG's, BTT50's, etc), yet only bring two or three cars, leaving an un-used preregistration or two.

23. coolstuff

coolstuff
    from Bettendorf

wow - I gotta remember to start snooping around places to get high angle shots! That was TOTALLY cool - thanks for getting those shots!
    Overall it looked like it was pretty much the same show it has been in the past - I did notice some 50's cars............but not too much "new" stuff

and it sure looks like they had a good turn out.

Hope the show can keep on going even with the new changes.

Remember - Beatersville is a local show that is MUCH more HAMB friendly.

If you have never been.......you have to ask yourself why.?...

Perhaps cause you have not heard about it......?

well

http://www.bang-pow.com/beatersville/

now you know, so go!

24. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

True, very true ... but even if there are 1,000 unused registrations ... the count is way off. :D

BUT THANK YOU
    NITROFC for posting the pictures

It is a good bit of time/work involved in doing the photos you do and I appreciate it
    :) :)

25. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

Thanks Randy.. HRHL will have all my pics up later (2,500 plus ) All types from the Nats

26. 28pontiac

28pontiac

I was there... Walking around it seemed like there was about 1 in 5 "late models" (post 1948)... That being said, if there were 10,100 cars there, there were only 8000 cars using the same year break as in the previous 40 years. That being said, when compared to last year when there was about 12,000 cars, their core attendance has dropped 25%. The addition of 32 years of cars only accounted for about a 20% increase from what was lost from years past. The boycott didn't work, there were still alot of cars, some to my taste, some not so. Regardless, I went and had fun... Would I rather the NSRA using a year such as 1964 or 1965 (per HRP), or maybe even 1972? Yes! Will I go next year? I don't know, I'll decide on August 3rd 2011, just as I decided this year on August 5th...

Andy

27. larry k

larry k

it will only get worse not better, a few more each year, this year the v dubs, stangs, camaros, tri chevys, a 79 lincoln, looked like new , not special just a good used car, wait 5 years ??? "lil trucks on 3 wheels ,donks with giant wheels like a stage coach, hondas, toyotas, tree leveling boom boxes, show us your tits signs, you can close the book on the the nsra as we knew it, when we were young. it won't ever be the same, and our hobby will be worse for it !

28. robt500

robt500
    from Lex, KY

I saw the bone stock 79 Lincoln rollin around too. I had a good time as I always do and took advantage of 'show pricing' from a few vendors. Thanks for sharing the pictures

29. Whatever the numbers were, Great pic's!

Thanks

30. Hot Rod Bob

Hot Rod Bob
    from T-ville Ky

Thanks Al....Great pics,But most of all thanks for stopping by an spending some time with us!!!