Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods See the USA...in a Hemi-Powered Model A.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Bass, Aug 4, 2010.

1. 54BOMB

54BOMB

Just looking at the pictures of downtown Dallas and then the cool countyside of Montana makes me feel like Ive had a vacation, great post.

2. zman

zman
    from Garner, NC

living the dream, man, living the dream

3. 3wLarry

3wLarry
    Member Emeritus
    from Owasso, Ok

long, long road trip...alone...just you and your coupe

did it...one of my fondest memories...kinda scary and cool at the same time

kidcampbell71 likes this.
  4. Cshabang

Cshabang

bringing back memories of trips Ive taken...Nothing like blasting down the highway in a hot rod knowing the trip may be just as good or better then the final destination....Stay safe Brian

5. Tank

Tank

Really awesome pics! Looks like an amazing trip. Keep em coming!

6. What a fun trip Brian, wish I was doing the same thing about now!

Since you're out that way, try to take a run through the Black Hills in SD . . . especially Spearfish Canyon, stop in Deadwood and maybe take a spin on highway 385. Was just out there last week - it is where the whole Sturgis motorcycle gathering is unfolding . . . will a couple hundred thousand bikers there next week!

Great pictures, thanks for sharing.

Dale

7. E.C.

E.C.
    from Tx

WTF!!! how long does it take man. Your driving a coupe with a Hemi. Have fun and be safe buddy.

p.s. you need to find someone who knows how to put a hemi together so you can get there faster.:)

8. MEYER8821

MEYER8821

Man this trip you are doin is AWESOME!

Cant wait for the show on sat.

9. Journey of a lifetime, I'm jealous. Have a great trip and I'm looking forward to the next updates. Great photos btw!

10. Kustombuick

Kustombuick

How cool is this...These are friends parents (DVS28) on the road back to Seattle from the National Buick Show in Iowa....What a small world.

[​IMG]

11. Hellvedere Steve

Hellvedere Steve
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Coalfield

Have a safe and bitchin trip! See ya saturday. good luck brotha!

12. TaylorCrawford

TaylorCrawford

13. 63dan63

63dan63

After you experience that cool, dry air, you won't want to come back to Dallas until November !

Have fun and be safe.

14. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

What he said! I know that's the effect Washington state has on me! Man, like I said yesterday, you have my envy! I haven't had time or money to point the Plymouth at any point on the map for a couple of years now, and it's killing me! I went from driving 350 - 400 miles most days in my hot rod, to never leaving home! Oh well, at least I'm building cars for my living these days! Your photography rocks too! I keep a panoramic shot from crossing the Columbia river bridge at Astoria, shot through the windshield of the Plymouth above my computer desk as inspiration and memory of how great the world rocks when your on the road in your Hot Rod. In it you can see the top of the steering wheel and the bright orange dash and multi - color pin striping in the foreground, and the river as it dumps out to the pacific in the back ground. Every time I look at it, I'm back at that perfect moment in time. Make sure to take a few picts from your point of view like this as you go, might not mean much today, but someday, they might just be priceless! Keep it safe, enjoy the rest of your trip, Hot rod o rama will rock like you can't believe, (the Swiss is too cool!) and drink a "DEAD GUY ALE" for me please!

15. hotrod56cars

hotrod56cars

Awesome thread, sounds like a fun trip, nice read, sweet! I'm jealous!

I really like what was done with the windshield area.

16. Deu55

Deu55

Great pics, have a blast...

17. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Hey Bass, i just thought of something to warn you about. I think you'll be heading over the Snoqualmie pass on 80 to get into the Tacoma area. I have twice in that pass hit cold rainy days in August. there is a series of small bridges that cross various rivers and roads and stuff as you head up the eastern side of the pass. You know how they always say that the bridges freeze before the road? Ya know how us hot desert southland kinda people never have to deal with that sort of thing? Watch out for it! I remember going the opposite way a couple of years ago, no snow on the ground, but rainy and COLD. I'm drivin' along, tach at a happy 2400 or so, bridge - tach hits 4550, car steps out a bit, off bridge - car straightens out, tach back at 2400... I'm sure there's still a chuck of foam in the shape of my ass missing from base of the drivers seat to this day. Just thought of that right now.

18. It's the journey, not the destination.
    Enjoy it, you'll remember it for the rest of your life.
    HemiDeuce.

19. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Thats it..

20. seb fontana

seb fontana
    from ct

Have you checked gas milage..Just curious..

21. todd_a

todd_a
    from Tyler, TX

Go Brian Go!!!! Man, that is such an awesome idea for a road trip. You don't half-ass anything!

22. The37Kid

The37Kid

This is the vacation I think we all would like to take, thanks for letting us see what is out there.

23. 53chevy

53chevy

Awesome!!! Something I wanna do. I did travel from California to Virgina Beach to attend a C school while in the Navy back in the mid 90's. Though in a modern car, it was an awesome experience to see America while driving the highway. I can only imagine the feel and experience in an old car. Bravo and safe travels Bass. Great pics too!!!!

Ken

24. They say there's all kinds of jealousy,Bass......consider this one of them buddy! Wanted to drive my 38 Pick-up to Bonneville this year,but it looks like it isn't gonna happen.
    Have a safe FUN trip....

25. donut29

donut29
    from canton MI

Man that looks like fun You be safe out there

26. bonesy

bonesy

Another cool day. Thanks for posting it.

27. Toner283

Toner283

Awesome photos, cool story.

28. Justin B

Justin B

looks like a trip most of us only get to dream about, where all are you going, i know bonneville but staying on the road longer and hitting more events after or?

29. JohnJoyo

JohnJoyo
    Alliance Vendor
    from Austin, TX

Awesome Brian! Have a safe trip and enjoy every minute of it!

30. claymore

claymore
    BANNED

Absolutely AWESOME thanks for posting and letting us ride on your trip with you. You are a great car builder and take some pretty bitchen photos to boot.