Register now to get rid of these ads!

*** 2010 ALLIANCE AUCTION at the HAMB Drags to help fellow hoodlums ***

Discussion in 'H.A.M.B. Drag Nationals' started by blacktopbuddha, May 17, 2010.

1. Time once again to start rounding up donations for this years Alliance Auction.

Putting the call out to hoarders of vintage parts, artists, and Alliance Vendors to start digging through each of your stashes and offer up something cool for the good of fellow HAMBers. Each year the money raised from the Alliance Auction goes to help out a few members of the HAMB that have fallen on a bad stretch. Last year, close to two grand was raised and the money was split between three guys with piles of medical bills.

My expectation this year is to double the amount raised, so I am going to be sending a ton of pm's, e-mails, and talking on the phone to reach this goal.

So, parts collectors start sifting thorough your piles to offer something you can let go of. Same goes for those that collect hot rod and custom memorabilia/literature. Artists if you can create something with the "HAMB Drags 2010" theme; that stuff always brings top dollar. Alliance Vendors, all vendors really, pick something off of your shelf to lend a hand.

Will have a table at Holiday Inn parking lot Fri. night to grab donations

Even if you don't have a donation stop and say hello and sign the H.A.M.B. banner that will be put in the auction when full of autographs.

Send me a pm or mail stuff to:

Bill Owecke
    2444 Missouri St.
    Lawrence KS 66046

Thanks to everyone that has helped in the past and those that will pitch in this year too.
    Buddha Bill

A cut and paste from dickster's auction...
    ...a little bit what the Alliance Auction at the HAMB Drags is about.

It begins with HAMBer stan292 who started the Silent Auction several years ago to help Ryan pay expenses and keep the HAMB chugging along. Stan posted a thread a few years back asking for another set of hands, and being a newb figured it would be a good way for me to help and meet other folks from the board here. The following year, other pressing matters came to surface for Stan and the auction was now pretty much in my hands.

I went through my initiation and raised a decent chunk of change. At this time too, things were rolling along pretty well financially for Ryan. He suggested we send this ship on a different course and give back to the HAMB in a different way. So, we agreed to give the money directly to others who may have hit a rough patch in their lives.

I won't name names here as it is not my place. But, in years past the money raised has gone to; a young rodder from Canada who captured a lot of hearts here, a guy who endured the challenges of a stroke, a FAS talent who had multiple heart surgeries, a well known Oakie who unfortunately lost his battle with cancer, as well as a few others.

The money raised comes with no strings attached. It can be spent however each person sees fit. They can throw themselves a wild party, buy parts for their cars, or pay bills. It's really of no concern.

This is just a way to say "thank you" to these HAMBers for helping to make the HAMB a place , in the words of Ryan, "dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums world wide."

Last edited: Aug 4, 2010
  2. FLAT-TOP BOB

FLAT-TOP BOB
    HAMB O'dex Editor

i'll have two 15x8 1/2 5 spokes there!

Attached Files:

3. Oooohhh!!! What bolt pattern Bob?

I'll be bringing a few things but not as cool as those.

4. wlspdshop

wlspdshop
    from Missouri

PM sent Bill...

5. general gow

general gow
    Staff Member

6. Greezy

Greezy

Count me in Bill.

7. Porter Man

Porter Man
    Alliance Vendor
    from Mound, MN

We will be donating a couple of these babies!

Attached Files:

8. Stude-sled

Stude-sled

After the generosity that was show to me last after my stroke, I am going to donate $1000.00 dollar gift certificate to my shop Chrome it Now. I do Spectrachrome.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  9. WOW!!! Brian, I'm still speechless. Your generosity is much appreciated.

Thank you to everyone who has stepped up so far.

10. ryno

ryno

thats way cool man

11. Deadbird

Deadbird

Cool Bill. Jesse and I will be working on something. He's started pinstriping now, so you can bet we'll have some one-shot on whatever we bring.

12. If you see the banner Friday night or on Saturday, stop, say hey, and sign...give some love to Troy boy

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 10, 2010
  13. A few things that have come already...T's from Down Under...Jalopy Showdown goodies

Attached Files:

14. Deadbird

Deadbird

Here's our submission. The latest father son project. I picked up this old painter's box up at the Springfield swap last year. Only seems appropriate to put it in the HAMB Drags auction. Wood finishing and custom handle by yours truly. Striping by my son Jesse (Navigator 23).

Attached Files:

15. I've got some Hunnert Car Heads Up T shirts courtesy of the Chrome Czars that I will be bringing down w/ me.

16. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

I'm going to bring a pocket full of cash to bid on a bunch of stuff.:D

and maybe gift certificate to a LARGE batch of cookies.;)

17. Deadbird

Deadbird

Me too!

mmmmm cookies.......

18. G V Gordon

G V Gordon
    from Enid OK

Count me in for something again and thanks for doing this again this year.

19. CAL

CAL
    from Neosho Mo.

New old stock 1974 Mattel Spinwelder Race car set. All there, in the original box. Hook the welder to a 6 volt lantern battery and let the young ones build a dragster, and a formula one car, and or, burn their little fingers off. Man, times have changed. blacktopbuddha , I'll look you up Friday night at the Hotel parking lot.

Attached Files:

20. I had the digger kit and a biplane kit when I was a kid. Too much fun!!!

21. Great stuff so far. Thank you everyone that has stepped up so far.

22. bwiencek

bwiencek

I think I have a speed-pro SBF performance flat tappet cam that I'll can get there - might be late afternoon before I get there - or if someone can pick it up in KC (Lee's Summit) and get it out there earlier I'd give it to 'ya so it's there at the start of the auction.

Also - Will 'ya take non-traditional stuff too? I've got a friend that owns the theft preention and recovery service at http://www.myautoalert.com - I know I can have him pony up a bunch of premium memberships to his website - last time I talked with him they were $19.95/yr and I'm sure I can have him pony up 5 or 10 :)

23. ^^^ Sounds good. Bring it along. Will be ending the auction at 5 or 6. We'll see what time racing starts and that kind of dictates when the auction ends. Folks drop stuff off at the auction tables all day long.

24. Deadbird

Deadbird

I got a bit of bad news today. We had a death in the family and the memorial service is Friday the 20th. So it looks like I'm not going to make it to Joplin after all. :mad:

I'm pretty bummed. Both about missing the drags, but more about losing a cousin way too young.

I'd still like to get this box in the auction somehow. There are a few guys in my area headed to the drags. I'll see if they can take it. If that doesn't work I may have to ask for a HAMB relay.

25. :( Was looking forward to rile Jesse about his brush work. :D

26. bwiencek

bwiencek

Thanks - I'll bring it along... Getting closer and looking forward to another good time!

27. i will bring a few signs over like i did last year thanks travis

28. I'm bringing an old Moroso mechanical tach, a line lock, and a nearly new book on how to pinstripe. All packed in the bag and ready to travel after work tonight.