Register now to get rid of these ads!

Customs NEW " Old School Finished Custom"

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by roddin-shack, Aug 4, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. That is what I always thought. So how is this hood pancaked?

2. pimpin paint

pimpin paint
    from so cal

Hey,

To call this hood "pancaked" is a bit of a reach in my book; likewise, a kustom/custom! 350/350, radials, urethane overcleared finish, frame clips & four links all spell StreetRod with an identity crisis!
    It does look like a well built, well designed vehicle, and I'm bettin' the owner/builder ain't loosing any sleep over the street value of my oppion or anyone elses', of the build!

" Humpty Dumpty was pushed "

3. I guess the point is that I have misunderstood the term. I thought the seams where the hood meets the cowl, and fenders would be filled, and a new smaller opening would be made on the flatter part of the hood.

4. John Denich

John Denich

Yes you are correct!

5. You got it right.

I misunderstood "frenched" vs "tunneled" until I actually read up on it instead of listening to the public.

6. Sweats

Sweats

This car's original owner lives in my town, the wife and guy are older "streetrodder" type but are super nice people and VERY active in this little towns car scene. Didnt know he sold it, hadnt seen them since Feb.

7. carnut341

carnut341

Beautiful car!!!!!!!!!!!

8. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I agree and Thank You. This car is outstanding compared to some of the bull shit ratty Customs or Kustoms, that I have seen at some high end shows lately. Some guys have no clue about flow in body lines etc. and I wont even get into so called custom paint. Any way back to this car I felt it was a refreshing change.

9. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

BEAutiful CAR!!!!--I understand about buying a car done..--Only one thing. Lower the rear of the car atleast 3 inches or even more. Would change the looks of the car completely- for the better.

10. He probably built the car with his own ideas and desires in mind...Kinda like everybody should be doing. Probably spend his own money to get it done too..that weighs a little something. Looks to me to be a quality build...seems he thought there might be more than Primer and Mexican blankets and Spiderwebs...what a unique idea! Centurion9

11. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

definitely a cool car minus the steering wheel and interior door handles

12. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

Its Kool (cool with a K) just to see something different and outside the norm. I'm not a big fan of the headligts either but it's really not a bad looking car. IMO.

13. resqd37Zep

resqd37Zep
    from Nor Cal

But this one gives me a stiffie! Absolutely Beautiful!

Attached Files:

14. metalshapes

metalshapes

Sorry... It doesnt do a lot for me.

It looks like a dated car from the Billet Era, with the wheels and tires from another car.

15. I don't care for it. The rear looks great,but all the Vette stuff doesn't work for me. And those Hagen light French shit SUCKS big time! Olds headlights would have been a better choice,IMO.

16. TexasHardcore

TexasHardcore
    from Austin-ish

I like the side profile and rear views. The front...not so much.

17. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

have to admit...hagens are nasty...had a customer insist on leaving his hagens, now that's the ugliest part of his car.

18. theHIGHLANDER

theHIGHLANDER
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Good catch. I hadn't seen the before either, was thinkin of the spears on the sides of the 55-6, which as I think of it, might not be a bad get up on the right car too.

While I like the subject car and can't knock it too much, it looks like 2 different cars "clipped" together. The sectioned/vette idea was going somewhere. Then on the way to the rear bumper it got lost in more of a true custom. By true I mean tried and true practice. Caddy 1/4s "work" on early Chevs. If I was passing it on the road I wouldn't expect to see the front styling with that rear treatment, nor would I expect the rear treatment if it was passing me. But then again it's always easy and sometimes not right to armchair quarterback another's vision. Yet it was put up in a "what do you think" post. I think vette bumpers worked into the rear and vette taillights worked into the roundy 1/4s those Chevs have, even 46-7 Caddy taillights woulda blended better. Enough's been said about the "magazine" headlights. It looks well done and I'm happy to hear some of the billet stuff is coming off.

19. Smooth Customs

Smooth Customs

Old School is such an over used and hard to confirm description of what?
    If you want to build a Traditional Custom or Rod they must be period correct. As in 40's 50's 60's or 70's.

This car is like so many that have been built over the last 20 years where bits from here and there are thrown into the mix and the end result is just confusing.

Its a well presented car with nice paint and the owner is prowd of it.

But it is not a representation of a period custom, and that seems to be the biggest issue with those that understand the term and have posted their comments here

20. roddin-shack

roddin-shack

I agree, that was my first suggestion to improve the looks. I hope he goes for it.

21. JAWS

JAWS

You know, when I purchase a car the first thing on my mind is that I hope everyone else in the world likes it or I won't. I am sure you are the same way......

Damn good looking in the traditional spirit.....custom.......(read)STYLED AFTER SOMEONES OWN ORIGINAL IDEAS, WITH MODERN TREATMENTS FOR PERFORMANCE AND SAFETY AS DESIRED.

I hope you make it your own and drive the chit out of it!

22. thebugbox

thebugbox

I like the car. I agree on jetting the billit interior stuff. I also must agree on the headlights. At minimum chrome the inside ring or something. I would have preferred the 50's Olds headlights probably, otherwise, that is a great car with tons of top notch work! Nice Score

23. ChuckleHead_Al

ChuckleHead_Al

I like the color.. Not Old School at all..

24. twochops

twochops

57 Buick Roadmaster headlight doors

Attached Files:

25. The Corvette stuff, especially the Cove DOES NOT work for me. Like I said, for me.

firstnomad

26. Neat car thanks for sharing. Love the back of it. Not so in love with the french job on the head lights, maybe some rings could be just added inside?

27. TonyVan

TonyVan
    from Vancouver

Are the Corvette pieces real Corvette pieces - ie fiberglass, or are they metal formed
    'replicas'?

Last edited: Aug 5, 2010
  28. A car can have quality work,expensive parts,and be built by the nicest guy in the world.....but that doesn't take the place of good taste. Just cause you can put the front of a Vette on a car doesn't mean you have improved the lines,style or the looks!
    Still NOT seeing "Old School" anywhere on this car! You want to talk Old School...check out John Denich's Chevy! Masterson's Chevy! Even Ian's Chevy kicks this ones ass....
    Someone's got to be honest!

29. metalshapes

metalshapes

Yep...

Couldn't have said it any better...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.