Register now to get rid of these ads!

how ''hotrod'' is your house?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by crotex, Aug 1, 2010.

1. crotex

crotex
    BANNED
    from cuero, tx

I was just looking around my house and realizing how hot rod themed it was. I have 59 caddy tailights lining the entertainment center. bullet hubcaps as coffe table decor, every picture on the wall is of a car from 1954 or earlier. I have a rat fink on my lamp. A banjo steering wheel made into a clock on the wall. 1920s-30s license plate bordering my bar, V8 hubcaps lining about the bar. 33-34 V8 emblems everywhere. Man it just keeps going.

What about you guys? how have you brought hotrodding into your home or am I the only crazy one on here that can't get enough of it??

some pics would be cool if anyone wants to share some.

2. uh, i store car parts in my closet? does that count? got a nice picture of milner and falfa racing and pauls signature under his car.

3. flynbrian48

flynbrian48

Well, it pretty much ends at the garage, but I did get away with a ceramic Hiroata Merc in the living room, a portrait of the '36 in the family room, our Spartan over the computer dest, a 32 Pontiac radiator mascot on the desk. There's a polished aluminum Indy roadster on the sofa table, a die-cast '32 coupe in the family room on a side table. We also have some pretty cool "Our America" posters, Coca Cola items from the 40's, framed in the living and family rooms.

We have some pretty cool Jerry Burta ceramic diner sculptures as well, that get rotated between the house and Spartan. I think my wife is pretty tolerant!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Aug 1, 2010
  4. Honeyhush

Honeyhush

My house was built in the twenties but over the years has alternatively fallen into disrepair..been brought back. Also has been poorly modified in the fifties with the addition of a little sun room.

Since ive had it, I have tried to do some upgrades and restorations to the best of my limited budget and know-how.Personally i think its turning out pretty cool. Although I am sure somebody somewhere will like to point out how the house is no longer traditional and rather poor looking.

- Rat House -

5. neonloverrob

neonloverrob
    from newton, ks

Picture thread...

6. carcrazyjohn

carcrazyjohn
    from trevose pa

Every room has a car related knick knack in it and when the rooms get closer to me there are more car stuff around me..... Dont know how to post videos and my wife would want me to clean all my models,So it aint happening

7. falconwagon62

falconwagon62

Hot Rods, not just cars.....It's a life style......

8. The inside of my shop I would consider "Hot Rod". The rear section, of the land, I would consider "Hot Rod" with several Model T bodys, a '54 Ford Customline and a couple of trailers hanging around. But inside I consider her's, I just visit!

9. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

The coffee table in my living room
    [​IMG]

Living room TV stand
    [​IMG]

old Snap On tool caddy shelve in the kitchen
    [​IMG]

computer room TV stand
    [​IMG]

Printer stand.....yes I have a tool box fetish:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

my flatware
    [​IMG]

coat rack next to my side door
    [​IMG]

old computer room door soon to be the door to my master bedroom walk in cloest
    [​IMG]

my bread box
    [​IMG]

ALL the light switch plates and outlet covers are hand painted
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

My bed which now also has a '47 Oldsmobile grill footboard
    [​IMG]

my jewelery box
    [​IMG]

My new swanky "Holiday" bar which will reside in my dining room. Hand made by John Welch AKA VooDooChili outta Indy
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This shelf is in the process. The wood will be stained to match the bar. The taillights work and will be hardwired to a switch on the wall. It will mount on dining room wall behind the bar and house my tiki themed drinking and shot glasses.
    [​IMG]

My car themed cookie jars. This shelf will soon be trimed out with stainless auto trim.
    [​IMG]

10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

I only add oddball car things to the house since my interests do not stop at hot rods. I enjoy a bunch of different things so I like to keep the Hot rods stuff to a minimum inside unless it's absolutely a cool piece.

Hot Rod things inside the house...

Stromberg wooden delivery case
    Life Magazine featuring Grawbowski inside
    Memphis Rodder's image in my son's room

I do plan on doing my hall in Weesner artwork if I can find a financially sound way to frame his oddly sized shit. hahaha!!!

11. Royalshifter

Royalshifter
    from California

You can't get more Hot Rod decor than The Ladycruser.

12. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

is that right

13. screwball

screwball

my house is more hot rod red neck. Thank god for living out in the country. Oh my oldest son plays the banjo. And my youngest son can shoot out a trailer marker light at 200 yards. So your not welcome unless invited. I love whats left of my freedom.

14. hotrodladycrusr

hotrodladycrusr

part of my kitchen before I just gutted it
    [​IMG]

The knobs on my new kitchen cabinets
    [​IMG]

my half bath
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

a LOWCAB plate
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

ALL my Christmas ornaments are car themed
    [​IMG]

99% of the car models in my house are hamd made one of a kind originals
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Frogger original
    [​IMG]

Dave Bell original
    [​IMG]

Surf Monkey original
    [​IMG]

Jigger original
    [​IMG]

LOWACB original
    [​IMG]

LOWCAB original
    [​IMG]

This rug will go in front of my kitchen sink once my new hardwood is installed
    [​IMG]

Two more LOWCAB originals, one of which will go on my dining room wall once I decide on window treatment for the double french doors in the area
    [​IMG]

Fiesta platter that LOWCAB painted for me
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

15. pastlane

pastlane

Neither my house or my car will ever be finished. does that count?

yruhot likes this.
  16. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

[​IMG][​IMG]

This pic of my Y-block tri power setup is about 25 years old, from when I was young and single. Don't think I would be able to get away with it now, the wife would probably go Samurai on me. lol

Oh yeah, and my plastic plant, Robert!:D

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  17. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

I try to keep all my "hot rod" stuff at the shop. The wife rules the house, I get a EAR full when she has to sign for something coming UPS.
    That way when I get grumpy she just tells me why don't you just get out of here and go to your shop. THAT WORKS FOR ME:D.

Boy I love that woman.

18. hotrodpodo

hotrodpodo

My house is a tri-level, the lowest level of which is entirely hot rod themed.

19. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

My back yard and shop are completely stuffed with hot rod and motorcycle parts, cars bits, pieces,etc. It's always nice to walk into my clean house that is tastefully decorated with mostly mid century modern danish pieces and kinda get away from car stuff. That said though, I have to admit that this weeks temporary decor includes a pair of Hurst slicks awaiting they're new home on a clients project, and an original deuce rumble lid waiting it's turn to get punched. Oh, one framed WEESNER print in my computer room, "CUSTOM SICKLES".

20. PhilJohnson

PhilJohnson

I got a room that is full of tools and some miscellaneous car parts. That is more of a function of not having any sort of decent out buildings rather than a deliberate car theme in the house. There are license plates ranging from the 50s to the present nailed to the exterior of the house covering up holes. I'd say my house has more of a ratrod leaning than a hotrod one :)

[​IMG]

21. von zipper

von zipper

Not as rare stuff as Denise, but it's mine!

Attached Files:

22. Here is my bathroom,its where I do my best thinking.

Attached Files:

23. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

that has to be the coolest exercise bike ever! lol

24. bigdog

bigdog
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Triumph motorcycle in the living room, a couple of intake manifolds on the end table, misc. small parts all over.

yruhot likes this.
  25. How did ya get the rail in the front door ?

26. Chaz

Chaz
    Member Emeritus

I hate this game... Scary Larry always wins!!

27. E HANSEN13

E HANSEN13

Your guys homes are sick i wish my old lady would let me set the house up like that all i have is my garage....

28. Kirk Hanning

Kirk Hanning

Here's my dining room. I have a 29' rpu cab & a ton of various parts in one of the upstairs bedrooms.

Attached Files:

29. Anderson

Anderson

It's just the chassis, it fit pretty easily. The tires are just some old 13" recap piecrust slicks sitting next to it.

To the right of my front door on the landing is a wasted '34 5-window quarter panel and door. You can see my roadster cowl I'm using as a coffee table. The quarter panels flank the upstairs bathroom door, and the rest of the pieces are scattered throughout the house.

30. ScottV

ScottV

Mine is not at all, as a matter of fact it looks like a chick lives here ... but the garage well thats a different story ! :p