Register now to get rid of these ads!

Banger 1/2 fender 1/2 fender-less

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by JunkOSC, Jul 30, 2010.

1. First off, this car will have fenders when I'm done... I'm in the process of removing the fenders to do some body work. But in the mean time, I will run her fender-less.

I have been looking and looking at her in the garage, but couldn't tell if I liked it with or with out fenders, so I rolled her out and took this video to see if she looks silly without fenders. I kinda like it... I might be dragging my feet on getting those fenders worked out. I cant wait to get the drivers side off. What do you cat's think... fenders or fenderless? Thanks.

http://s809.photobucket.com/albums/zz16/junkosc/?action=view&current=P7300051.mp4

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 31, 2010
  2. need louvers ?

need louvers ?

Just my opinion, Sedans need fenders...

3. That cars looks better with fenders IMO.

4. uglydog56

uglydog56

5. drag your feet. 10 yrs down the road slide the fenders back on for that NEW car look. A 2" drop in front would help.

6. b-bob

b-bob

I prefer the fenders

7. The37Kid

The37Kid

If you plan to run without fenders the stance has to be a lot lower, rear tire top just below the wheel arch bead. Drop the front too, this will take some pearch work if the mechanical brakes are going to stay. Nice looking car, fix the fenders and reinstall them IMO.

8. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

keep them for down the road like me and go fenderless now you can always go back. I am saving my fenders for my kids or when I get old

9. Rickybop

Rickybop
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Sure does change the personality of the car, doesn't it? It's not all about looks though...you may find your answer after running fenderless in rain, dirt, mud or gravel.

10. I agree. Roadster have the best appearance fender-less.

It's in my nature to drag my feet. Shit...10 years, I'll probable be dead.

She is HI like horses. It would take to much chopping to get that car to sit right. I don't know if I could bring myself to do that, being that car is so nice...who knows, I might get a wild hair. I went through that shit with my '29 mordor and is/was a shit load of work.

11. Bodger45

Bodger45

I like it without. Like the other guys, said drop it a little.

12. BCCHOPIT

BCCHOPIT

[​IMG]
    I dont think it gets much better then this...

13. I agree 100%. Who is the owner? I assume he's a HAMB member? COOL...

14. dudley32

dudley32

I'd say drop it....and fenders...d32

15. Tim Rocheford

Tim Rocheford

Leave them off. All that extra tin flapping in the wind will just slow you down.

16. Funny as hell... by the looks of your Avatar that remark fits!

17. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

yup, fenders= wind resistance. i like the way it looks without em and wasn't that sort of a hotrodder kids tradition? lottsa west coast stuff from the olden days had hopped motors, no fenders and a stock suspension... hell man, that fenderless shot of yours may be the most traditional rod i've seen all day! :)

18. jleblanc31

jleblanc31

I'm up in the air on that subject also on my 30 I've got fenders but don't know if i want to put them on they look so good both ways.

19. I have a reverse eye rear spring, I'm going to put that in this week and remove a few leafs. That will lower that ass end a little...2", maybe 2-1/2".

I should have the driver side fenders off today. I picked up some body blocks, rubber pads and weld Friday. I'm going put that shit in while I have everything un-bolted.

I found some wiring issues while do all this so, I'm going to sort all that shit out now as well.

20. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Without.

-Brad