Register now to get rid of these ads!

Dixie fried 2010

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by slick39, Jun 20, 2010.

1. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

Yeah... I showed up with my family! Ouch.

-Brad

2. Laffo

Laffo
    from Atlanta

Get ready,
    Dixie Fried was always a Car show at Drive Invasion. It was a component of the Event like the Bands and the Movies. It is not THE event. Never has been. As far as what type of cars fill up the lot, that'll be up to the host Club. Road Kings dictated no trailer, pre-64. I'd like to see no trailer, pre-72 at this point. That again will be left up to the Club
    No CRYING BUMPER BABIES. No Coca Cola clocks. No Poodle Skirts.

I am direct and a smartass.

For 11 bands and 5 films. One of which was Wanda Jackson. Seems to me you paid $1.75 for each Band and Movie. Yep. Highway Robbery.

Yeah charging $5 for Kids is outta line too. If you registered with the car show in your Rod you got a discount anyway. Exactly how much does 11 Bands and 5 Movies cost Guys? More than $28 bucks. 11 bands at $10, 5 Movies at $7 - Tickets should have been $145.00.

Been to a Ballgame lately?

Unicorns and Rainbows,
    Jim

3. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

ahh unicorns and rainbows my favorite!!

4. Laffo

Laffo
    from Atlanta

As long as the Unicorn has a mullet and is doing doughnuts in the fields of Boone's Farm in an rainbow '85 IROC.
    Jim.

5. bruceg

bruceg
    from NWATL

But then he couldn't do Dixie Fried. He'd have to do just Plain Old Fried.

6. JGore99

JGore99

Any more news on a new club pickin up the show?

7. Lone Star Mopar

Lone Star Mopar

especially when the unicorn is bangin a dolphin!

8. chopped

chopped

You make a good point, it's just that the car guys sometimes only go for one segment of the whole experience.

9. Not all...We enjoy partaking of the whole Driveinvasion/Dixie Fried experience....the sights the sounds the sensory overload can not be appreciated in only one day.
    Plus the unicorns only come out after midnight.

10. stretch 1320

stretch 1320

Get "em "Big Jim", I'll back you up! Just let me know!

11. Brad54

Brad54
    from Atl Ga

$28 or more for a carload wouldn't be bad. $40 for a car load wouldn't be bad. Hell, $50 would even be within reason... $28 a head made it damn hard to bring the wife and 14 year old out last year. ("$5 for kids" isn't exactly the whole story now, is it? 9 and under is $5. 10 and older, and it's full-boat $28.) $84 just to get in? Add in food and beverages, and it's twice what "A Ballgame" is, and just about the most expensive car event I know of.

-Brad

12. Laffo

Laffo
    from Atlanta

I love complaints like this. That's SARCASM, just so we're clear.
    If it's too expensive for your Family, then don't come.
    It's your responsibility to make your Family's budget.
    My responsibility is to not lose money on the event. It's business out here.
    It's not like I'm offering Dental Care, or I'm holding your Grandmother hostage, it's a Party that you can come to, or not.

It's not an "expensive car event." It's an Event with a Car Show, 11 Bands and 5 Movies.

$28 is a fair price and actually just break even for us.
    14 is not a Child rate ticket at any Theatre. 9 and under is a Child's Ticket at this Theatre. Has been for 40 years.

The CHEAPEST Falcon Ticket this year is $29. They don't offer a Kid's discount either, for any age. You'd be hard pressed to find a $9.00 Beer, $6.00 Coke or $7.00 Hot Dog out here as well, but the Starlight is screwing everyone with a $28 ticket. Oh yeah, you can bring your own food and drink so I REALLY don't understand that part of your complaint.

Ballgame 3 hours, DIV 24 hours.

Hell, Monster Jam was $17 for nose bleed and $275 for pit seats, and I know my Monster Trucks, so there is no argument you can make..

Wanda Jackson did not play a Show last year with a Ticket price under $40. Detroit Cobras did not play a Show last year with a Ticket price under $15.
    Los Straightjackets did not play a Show last year with a Ticket price under $20, yet you saw them all, plus 8 other bands for less than a Wanda ticket anywhere else.

Stay at home and watch iCarly.
    That won't be as "damn hard" for your family.

That's the "whole story now" isn't it?

And I'll say AGAIN, if you registered your car, you got a discount at the Gate, if you don't have a Car, then why complain? Stay at home and look at the 1000's of pictures of the Car Show on the Internet.

Just don't come, the complaints aren't gonna change the cost of throwing the Event.

Jim.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  13. Laffo

Laffo
    from Atlanta

I agree wholeheartedly, but two days was losing Money. It doubles the cost of the Festival.

And yes, sometimes some of the Car Guys are just there for the Show and nothing else. Hence the discount. I know excatly how obsessed you have to be to Show a Car. I grew up on the Southeastern Racing and Show circuit in the 70's. I understand the mindset. My Dad still does 60 events a year. This is the first time in my life I don't have an Old Car. I'm building the new Pallookaville Truck, and the old E100 had to go.

I've emailed Josh Flammer from you guys twice, can you guys maybe give him a shout in case I have the wrong email, or message me a number and fresh address?

With Sparkles,
    Jim.

14. Last time i made the 1800 mile round trip for DF, i fucked both of the unicorns that night, but that was after the broken event.....

DF rules, don't want to pay a few bucks for good music, movies, friends, beer, a clean sock...don't go

15. Hey Jim, I got your emails and I responed to both of them. Once on the 29th and once yesterday right after I received the email. It must not be going through. We appreciate the offer and consideration but we had to decline since we are all already busier than 1 armed paper hangers. We didn't think we could do it justice. Hell, half the time we are just lucky to get ourselves to the show!

Dixie Fried was by far my favorite car show/Invasion event to go to every year. Good times. Thanks, Josh F.

16. The Rod Barons are going to go anyway. Hell we didn't expect to win any trophies anyway! Yall come on out and we will make it an unsanctioned dixie fried! Fill the parking lot with hot rods!

17. Josh - just a note - when I send you emails with 'Fuckers' in it, you never get them. You probably can't send emails with 'Fuckers' either.

18. oh yeah - good point! I don't know what's going on, the key word didn't appear to be included!

19. 39 chevy kustom

39 chevy kustom

I never bitched about the price, but as I understand it as of now there is no Dixie Fried , just the Driveinvasion. So if they ain't a car show , I ain't coming. end of story. I will be in wilmington nc for the port city rumble. Put on by the port city maulers.

20. There doesn't need to be some organized or disorganized car show with trophies to drive your hot rod down there and have a blast! I think it would be great if a ton of hot rods show up anyway. We are gonna show up like nothing is any different.

21. I'd agree with that. What's the difference other than the Road Kings won't be there with a cool ass DF poster. I am going to miss my Dixie Fried Poster dammit.

22. Laffo

Laffo
    from Atlanta

I'll draw something with Sharpie on your stomach then to make up for it.

The "Fuckers" thing is what filtered it then. Thanks for the consideration.
    Jim.

23. Laffo

Laffo
    from Atlanta

And hell yes, come anyway, it works at Monsterbash like that.
    Jim.

24. Big Pauly

Big Pauly

Jim, I love your style

25. stealthcruiser

stealthcruiser

Have a good time, Brother.....................We'll miss you.

26. Indocil Art

Indocil Art

iCarly Omy god. I am one of the few who knew what you were talking about HAHAHA Sucks that there will not be a dixie fried.

27. Did somebody say Sharpie?

28. onlychevrolets

onlychevrolets

And you don't mess around with Jim.......

29. O shit everyone hide there cars/trailers/body parts/penis's........

30. Garage71

Garage71
    from Atlanta

Garage71 Radio will be hosting the Car Show this year at the Drive Invasion on October 10th... more to come....