Register now to get rid of these ads!

dangest things found in old cars

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by redhumphries, Jul 29, 2010.

1. redhumphries

redhumphries

I found these in the two 53 olds I bought last week I think it is cool The steering wheel with power steering will go back in the car and the 2 appleton spot lights will go on my buick the rest of the stuff is extras for the conv. hope the photos work RED

Attached Files:

• 014.JPG
      014.JPG
      File size:
      243.7 KB
      Views:
    • 018.JPG
      018.JPG
      File size:
      240.1 KB
      Views:
    • 020.JPG
      020.JPG
      File size:
      210.3 KB
      Views:
    • 022.JPG
      022.JPG
      File size:
      144.6 KB
      Views:
    • 023.JPG
      023.JPG
      File size:
      206.4 KB
      Views:
    • 024.JPG
      024.JPG
      File size:
      187.5 KB
      Views:
  2. xpletiv

xpletiv
    from chiburbs

All hiding under the floor mats,huh?

3. Edsel_Presley

Edsel_Presley

Only thing I found in mine was a couple of old political campaign combs and a ratty book of matches.

4. Johnny Gee

Johnny Gee
    from Downey, Ca

Nice,that beats all the trash, popcorn and pennies that I only find.

5. scummy13

scummy13

I found rat turds and a nest in mine.

6. the last guys tools...

7. Ob1

Ob1

Gonna use ALL those spot lights?

8. A family of possums. Really pissed-off possums.

9. Long ago a guy blew the engine in his 55 Chevy right in front of my place and asked me if I wanted it for 20 bucks so I said OK!:eek: Pushed it into the yard and the next day gave it a look see inside for anything interesting. Lots of stuff under the seats including a cannon ball and a sawed off 22 bolt action rifle!:eek: You just never know what's lurking under those seats!!:D

10. ooops

Last edited: Sep 22, 2010
  11. :eek: hahahaha

12. fortypickup

fortypickup
    from Nebraska

Cleaning out the model A build I found a soldering iron with a corn cob handle...only in Nebraska! HeHe!
    Pics tomorrow!

13. Once bought an old Olds Cutlass for parts.The glove box,the console and under the seats were literally covered in tampons.Somebody had a REAL problem.:eek:

14. Deuces

Deuces

A crisp 1969 vintage 50 dollar bill in the glove box... This was in '79 er '80... And I still have it.. :D

15. Now if you found a moldy loaf of bread we would be sure that somebody really had a problem. :eek:

I found a 22 shell in a '53 F-100 a few years back. I was cutting thre floor out with a torch to channel it. I wish I had vacummed prior to cutting.

I did find a silk glove under the rear console of the stude in my garage. So I guess it went to the Prom at least once. I didn't find any panties so it must have been a second base car. Damn the luck.

Anyway Red that's some pretty cool chit there. You done good.

16. rockabilly-medic

rockabilly-medic

My car came from Nevada, so along with all the original insurance paperwork ( from GEICO even) I found a business card form a local stripper in Vegas, has her pic on it looking pretty good...says she does house calls.. It is from the 70's so pretty sure everything is saggin by now..lol

17. JGore99

JGore99

Found an old 1953 wheat penny in my 1950 Caddy and a syringe in a 1969 Chevy C10 I was building a year ago. It was from dawsonville, GA and if you know anything about dawsonville then you know that syringe was probably used for dope.... haha

18. low-n-slo54

low-n-slo54

all I found was a CFC fire extinguisher.

19. Found under the back seat of a 36 Nash

Attached Files:

20. hotrod40coupe

hotrod40coupe

Are those some kind of alien skull?

[​IMG]

21. Chuck Most

Chuck Most
    from Saskatoon

I've never really found anything cool or useful in any of my hulks, but I have found a May '86 Hustler stuffed under a seat cushion, a box of live .22 caliber bullets under the front seat, and once, naked pictures of what I can only assume were a previous owner's wife (or other ladyfriend) in a small leather pouch tucked in a headliner just above the driver door molding, and, when I was cleaning out the trunk of an Olds 88 I was getting ready to scrap, I found what looked for all the world like a human finger bone. If that's really what it was, I don't like to think how it got there!

(Maybe the car belonged to that lady who tried to sue Wendy's...)

22. BadgeZ28

BadgeZ28
    from Oregon

resin coated pruning scissors and pictures of the previous owner's pot plants:cool:

23. scrubba

scrubba

Well. I kinda discovered a load within the Ford Panel truck Istill own from 1982. See, it had a 1/4 inch steel boiler plate wall behind the passenger area . The truck was a police paddy wagon and it still had some Richardson Texas I D On it too. The back end held a partial Kawasaki dirt bike frame , several nice bambo fishing poles , a home built steel box capible of holding a lot , fishing luers, some miscellianious Chevrolet parts , loose change , and I can't remember all the other junk I threw out . scrubba

24. Damn, wish I had that kind of luck, all I ever find is crap like dirty change, an old comb, and once I found a rather large piece of snakeskin in my 49 Plymouth that I had.

25. bertinTX

bertinTX

Some kind of a paper draft card dated 1969 fell from the dash of a red 69 Chevelle SS I parted out. Always wondered if he made it back to drive it.

26. BOWTIE BROWN

BOWTIE BROWN

i found a mummy rat , i guess that made it a rat rod. And some rat turds.

27. [​IMG]
    This is all I found in my new 55 Caddy. And yes its a monkee. Its gonna staythere throughout the project

RaginPin3Appl3 likes this.
  28. 58custom

58custom

Um, I think you win. :eek:

29. junk yard kid

junk yard kid

a fucking monkey, it could only be better if it was alive and did tricks

30. scooterseats

scooterseats
    from East Texas

I got this 55 Cadillac from a man that worked for a large truck manufacturer. He must have emptied his pockets every night as he walked by the trunk of this car. It was literally full of all sizes and lengths of grade 8, SAE bolts and nuts. I still have some of these in a bolt cabinet and this was in about 1969.