Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. You know, if you'd told me upfront that you were gonig to put chrome wire wheels and Vogues on this car I would have cringed a little bit. Let's just say that I never "got" the appeal of those tires.;)

But after looking at this job for a couple minutes, and the gold paint with the splash of white on the lower rear quarters, I think maybe you're on to something here! :cool:

Glad you trusted your instincts instead of mine! :D

2. JVK54

JVK54

Interesting direction , James. I do kinda miss the scallops though. Maybe in black on the nose and deck? Caddy caps?OK! ...Hell, sit her on Supremes and go lower . I'm waaay to green to be period correct. Might go with a 57 Buick bumper as well.
    I'd like something bulkier to "lower" the front end , and that's what I've found so far.($100 for both bumpers and the grille in good shape..thinking hard about it)

3. skoh73

skoh73

1-shot - that's one wicked bit o' Photoshoppin' right there! I love it!

JVK54- Please keep the ventiports! That's one of the coolest design aspects of those Buicks.

4. E St Nene

E St Nene
    from Oxnard, CA

Thats sweet. Good Job

5. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Ho! No ka oi, Evil! That came out nice! Never was much of a fan of this body style but between you and James D I'm a believer. I can definitely see cruising up to the North Shore in something like this, flathead & all.:D

6. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Groovy! Got any Grand Funk to put in the 8-Track? :eek:
    You guys are making me feel bad. I gotta learn the "paint" side! lol

7. TRAMPKING

TRAMPKING
    from SGV

thats wild it looks good thanks .im planning on going with panneling ,scallops, curly cue pinstripes .root beer brown ,gold ,and maybe a hint of tangirine also tru spokes as 60 as it gets​

8. JVK54

JVK54

I agree and bsolutely intend too. There's sheet metal behind the openings now...Going to get rid of that and replace with either original ports or something custom.

9. Have you actually tried the 57 bumper on the car? I had a look in photoshop and it seems like it might not fit too well - it´s not so deep. The 57 portholes look good though, with their chrome teardrop surrounds.

10. OliverBUILT Big - D

OliverBUILT Big - D
    from Ankeny, IA

Theres some great work on here. Gives me some great ideas

11. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

can you guys please do mine.

12. Satin black? Don´t even joke about that dude! Scallops are difficult on these too, as there is already that side chrome and the swage line coming off the headlight. Makes it too busy looking .

[​IMG]

13. -Brent-

-Brent-

I haven't followed this thread from the beginning but for the last few days I've checked out nearly 50 pages. It's impressive what some of you can do with Photoshop, really great job, and inspirational too.

14. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

oh my mistake i didn't mean satin black. i meant a sating color. i want to see my car in flat paint. just wondering.

15. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Showed it to a friend and he sent this back. I've now got a dual cab cruiser.:D:cool:

[​IMG]

16. gladeparkflyer

gladeparkflyer
    BANNED

just what i've been huntin for! if i asked real nice, could ya do maybe some steelies on this? and maybe even a couple color changes?... puh-leeeease.:D

Attached Files:

17. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

Have at it. I would like to see it low and two toned. I was thinking dark red with silver roof. Definitely lose the molding. Not sure what I want for wheels/tires, they are 4 lug so my options are limited.

I have photoshop but you all are way better at it than me.

Thanks!

[​IMG]

18. evilgenius

evilgenius

It's not easy to make a satin car gloss and vice versa. It pretty much involves rebrushing the entire car because of the reflections and such.

I don't know too many that'd be willing to go thru such trouble.

19. evilgenius

evilgenius

you know what your ride is pretty dope already. i almost think you could get away with hitting the body with a pearl white and rocking some scallop action on the roof.

20. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

Some please, dark hunter green almost black body,lowered alot, Astros thin whtes and a white top crystal glass flake....

Attached Files:

• 010.JPG
      010.JPG
      File size:
      416.1 KB
      Views:
  21. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

[​IMG]
    i was wondering if you amazing people can lowere this mustang throw some gt bullet rims and give it a dark green paint. and can you guys lower it too. thanks. this thread is amazing.

22. RI5KY

RI5KY

could someone please photoshop my poncho, i would like to change the black to a silver and just want to get some sort of idea on what it will look like. would also be up for any colour conbinations, open to ideas. Thanks

Attached Files:

23. -Brent-

-Brent-

Wow!

24. Flat-Foot

Flat-Foot
    from Locust NC

That is awesome. Love to see more if anyone else is up to it.

25. Sorry for the delay - I tried this when you posted it the first time and got nowhere. Decided to have another go. THis the kind of thing you were after? You could also add scallops along the fender tops, but it quickly starts to look over done. Anyway...

[​IMG]

26. five1cadiman

five1cadiman
    from downey ca

27. squigy

squigy
    from SO.FLO.

JAMES D, you are da man!!!Thank you.