Register now to get rid of these ads!

Kkoa ,hall of fame, who got in this year ?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by finkd, Jul 27, 2010.

1. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

Can I name it ?? what about the no name ,nobody , badass builders club. cars that hit you like a swift kick in the nuts !!

2. 40StudeDude

40StudeDude

Naw we need something with more punch...maybe "The Jeff, Dennis, Gary, Larry, Alex (and all the others) HOF future nominees" story...!!!

R-

3. #### Get SENILE !!!! >>>>.

4. Evilfordcoupe™

Evilfordcoupe™

I may be the only one with a McPhail poster paper airplane too.

-Jason

5. chopolds

chopolds
    from howell, nj
    1. Kustom Painters

What you guys haven't mentioned yet, is that they DO pick 2 for the HOF every year. One is from the "old days" and the other is everyone since the "revival" of Kustoms, say when Gahnal brought custom Mercs into Street rodder, and got things going again...same time KKOA got started (1981?)
    So in reality, there is only ONE chosen every year. That's not a lot of cookies being handed out! Most of the older guys, and probably the ones doing the voting on this issue, are still honoring guys who hit the newsstands in the 80's, maybe the early 90's.
    in about 5-10 more years, you'll see the "new guys" from today being let in.

6. tlundberg

tlundberg
    from Arma Ks

A buddy of mine from our local car club made the KKOA HOF two years ago. Bill Moore who has been a member and organizer of the Salina drags also is a frequent attendee to the HAMB drags. He is easy to spot as he has a striking resemblance to "Wolfman Jack"

Lundy

7. 49toad

49toad

Who really cares about the HOF. I go to see the cars and to meet the people. I couldn't care less if thay are in the HOF. It's the customs and the people that makes the show. A great show this year and alot of new people. Thats what you should go for.

8. Sprout

Sprout

McPhail and Myers suck

9. What was this thread about again......... ???:eek:

10. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

It was about the HOF and somethings that needed to be said,but nobody ever brings up and maybe about changin the way things are done,and answering questions like why don't these guys ever cross the rocky mountains,show them some respect that they have earned and get some young guys in and this thing might grow.
    or not....................

11. It's their ball so... and was just kidd'n ya know. It's a over 50 senile thing.

12. I always figured as long as my friends know and appreciate what i can do thats good enough for me.

13. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

At the show in Salina-- The Gerb Built-59 Pontiac Dave Barnes Red O ak Iowa- 53 Studebaker Gary and Liz`s Grand Island Nebraska-- Earl Jones 50 chevy fastback Omaha Nebraska--Mr Beesons 55(?) Buick Wichita(?) Kansas-- two of which made the top 25. Now at least 10 Hambers know at least 4 cars he built.

14. stanlow69

stanlow69
    Member Emeritus

Some of the Hall of Famers---Lee Pratt--Hub Harness--Eldon Titus--Darryl Starbird--M. K. John-g-ary Glasgow(Night Prowlers)--Bill Hines--Chuck Miller --Dave Stuckey--Jack Walker--Frank Livingston--Jerry Weesner--Mac Makee(He is responsible for signing more people up for KKOA than anybody else)--Blain Kauffman--Gary Minor--Rick Dore--Lou from Stillwater Garage--Murphy and the Striper--George Barris--Joe Bailon--Bill Moore--Gary Howard--Dave Bell--Teddy Z-Bill Cushenberry--johndagostino--gene winfield---just to name a few--do your homework if you don`t know who these guy are.

15. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Doug you're right.. No one really cares about the HOF, but when you are into Kustoms this
    is one of the big announcements of the year.

The year when Virigl and Bill Moore got in was way too kool, because they are very big
    names when it comes to promoting KKOA. Back in the 80's they played an important roll
    in my Kustom walk and with many others. I used to watch how Bill cruized the streets and
    I still want to be as kool as Bill Moore.

Last weekend you will notice the number of young people at the show. This is proof that
    Kustoms and Hot Rods are hotter today then ever. It is very important that McPhail,
    Meyers, Voodoo Larry, Oz (just too name a few) build new rides every year. They don't
    build historical rides every year because of the money they do it because they have a
    real passion for Kustoms and Hot Rods. They are the young guys that will be the ones that
    need to carry the kustom torch to the future.

Like when I was in the 80's watching Bill Moore, they're are guys out there today watching the
    new blood and trying to be as kool. This is why it is important that KKOA has someone that
    they can acknowledge as the future.

Ron Myers and I were talking that other day about guys that should be in the HOF, Ryan Cochran’s
    name came up. Can you name another guy that has influenced the growth of our hobby more over
    the past years?

The birth of the HAMB was Legendary.

Nuff Rant'n...

Happy Trails,

Mick

54delray likes this.
  16. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

VERY WELL SAID , MICKEY!!! I wish I could talk like that. And thats what I'm talkin about , the guys that have built or maybe had built 1 or 2 cars in their lifetime and still ride that same wave, don't tend to give the other newer guys credit when they are building several cars in a few years. hell, there"s more kustoms in my driveway ,then some of these guys have built in their life! but thats the mentality I was talking about, the I was greatonce and you guys don't matter and who cares about the HOF. I DO!!! it is a very important part of the kustom world and needs to be changed, so lets speak out and make some changes, or at least stir the pot . jeff

17. 49toad

49toad

Mick, The point is if you get all hung up about things like the HOF, then you start gitting pissed off if someone doesn't get voted in.then you stop coming. I think this has happened in the past. Its the people and the cars. The rest is politics.There is a tremindous amout of talent building customs now. Jeff is right there with the best.I want him and other young builders to keep coming. us old guys will be gone before long. Please don't get hung up on the political crap. Just come and enjoy what we have.

18. gary mundy

gary mundy
    from Kansas

guys, It,s a honor no matter who gets it. BE PROUD FOR THEM

19. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Myself and many others are not hung up on the HOF at all. The comments that were made
    in past post are for dicussion only. All of the guys that were mentioned before will be in
    the hall of fame. No one is pissed about anything just some thoughts from some members. Kul?

Happy Trails,

Mick

20. Plowboy

Plowboy

Hey Jeff, you do realize that if you and Dennis are inducted into the hall of fame then you will be obligated to sit through the ENTIRE awards ceremony EVERY year....and that includes Cher.... Be careful what you wish for. ha ha ha

21. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Hey Dad,

I'm proud of all of the Hall of Famers just letting everyone know that KKOA has a
    kool future. We have a lot of young kool builders that are staying busy.

Last weekend was awesome!

Happy Trails,

Mick

22. 00 MACK

00 MACK

I just realized I spent the last 30 years diggin Gary Mundy kustoms and never knew his name or the fact that they were built by the same person! Whens he gettin in? LOL Seriously, I think its really incredible that guys like Jeff and Dennis have the passion about the importance of the organization,period. I just wonder if the groups of great young builders that they are referring to were as influenced by the KKOA as they were. I wonder if the new generation sees the KKOA as a fuzzy dice and poodle skirt organization

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010
  23. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

OKAY, I have upset some people, and that is NOT what I meant to do with this post, It is NOT about old guys, disrespect,lack of honor or about myself or dennis. I am not saying I think dennis or I should be in. If I earn it ,it will come. It is about respect, and giving credit and looking around and If titus wants to know whats wrong , why the ryan ,marcos,john,oz,cole foster,and countless other guys don't attend or take the kkoa as serious as I, dennis, and mickey do,is because of the fact that it seems as that the peers don't tend to give us the respect that we have so hardly been working for. And i have not intended to make enemies, I am just telling it like I hear so many of my friends and people around me talk about. jeff

24. straykatkustoms

straykatkustoms
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Like always I talked to a lot of people at Salina. The most common thing that I heard
    from the KKOA vetarns; "This is the way that it used to be." That is so kool to hear.

My ties with Kustom Kemps of America is only a Life time membership that I purchased
    years ago. The reason that I'm a life time member with KKOA is, it is the only true
    organization for Kustoms. I've attended other National organizations and they try, but
    they are not as kool as KKOA.

Kustom Kemps of America is back on top and we are going to do what we can to keep
    it there. I'm going for a drive in my Merc.

Happy Trails,

Mick

25. choptvan

choptvan

From the outside looking in, It isn't just the lack of youngsters in the KKOA HOA IMO. ( lots of letters HA HA! ) It is the lack of getting respect from the older builders. That is the way I see it. But having kids I understand the " here comes another punk kid " thought. I shouldn't have to go to a show and feel uncomfortable about it. I will earn my respect. I will learn how to build a car that appeals to all besides myself. One that will command your attention. I just got some learning to do first. I do not quite " get it " yet. But a little help here and there would be more helpful.Also, us youngsters not getting butt hurt about the opinion of what the elder is saying would help to. Something I am guilty of myself. Hope all of that makes sense.

26. yblock292

yblock292

should'a been jeff, great builder and a hell of a nice guy!

27. #### Yeah and you have to wear a suit like the one Mark had on in the photo !!! >>>>.

28. finkd

finkd
    Member Emeritus

BEATNIK PURPLE is a suite!!!!

29. McPhail

McPhail

somebody needs to buy my 60 so I can start on another build..........

30. John Denich

John Denich

Where can we see list of who's already in.......