Register now to get rid of these ads!

32 Ford/Brookville fenders issue

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by nitrohonkey, Jul 23, 2010.

1. My father bought a full set of 4 steel fenders for his 32 Ford two-door sedan from Brookville. The front fenders are super nice, but the rear fenders are of very poor quality. The fenders have incomplete beads, the reveals are not uniform and appear warped. After seeing the quality of the front fenders, it is hard to believe the rear fenders came from the same place. Anybody had this problem? Pictures will follow shortly.

2. What did Brookville say?

I would assume that you called them first with this question.

JH

3. captain scarlet

captain scarlet
    from Detroit

I have a complete set of Brookville fenders.

NO ISSUES with quality.:D

Like has been said I hope you contacted Brookville with your problems before squawking here.

4. Harms Way

Harms Way

When we were building my buddy Bill's Roadster we had the same problem with the rear fenders, but before we could call Ray,... Bill, got a call from them.

The first run of rear fenders, Had the wire crimped in to tight on the bead roll and they looked warped, and wouldn't straighten out, the wire is suppose to have a little room so the fender can be bolted on with no stress. They sent a UPS call tag with the new fenders,....

Contact Brookville, They have ALWAYS made things right in my experiences with them, when a problem would arise (which was VERY RARE). Not to sound like a commercial for them, But, Brookville is one of the most professional, "stand up" Hot Rod companies I have ever had the pleasure to deal with.

5. OoltewahSpeedShop

OoltewahSpeedShop

We picked up a bunch of stuff from Brookville last year and it fit perfect. They told us if we had ANY problems to call them first, and they would fix it. That would be my suggestion, call them and let them know your problem.

I'm 100% sure they will fix the problem. Great guys.

Kevin

6. krylon32

krylon32
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    from Nebraska
    1. Central Nebraska H.A.M.B.

I've had no issues with the rear fenders either coupe or sedan, I've used 4 pairs. I have had to make minor adjustments on the fronts.

7. ken1939

ken1939

I have a set of rears on my 32, all I did was drill holes, da them, primer and paint. I did hear of possible fit issues on real production 32s, but then again, the stock ones only fit so well.

I would give them a call, they dont want to kill the deuce that laid the golden egg if you know what I mean!

8. scottybaccus

scottybaccus

Did he buy them directly from Brookville, or a "dealer"? If the latter, who else do they deal for?

9. Thanks for all the info.
    Like I said...the fronts are beautiful, but the rear fenders do not even look like they were built by the same company. I will get a hold of them Monday and see what they will do to remedy this issue.

10. Talked with Brookville this am...Turns out the rear fenders were 2nds accidentally shipped out as premium quality fenders. They are making it right.

11. grandet23

grandet23

That's what makes this site so valuable to all of us. When we have a problem with something there are guys out there who have been there and done that. It makes building cars fun.

12. uncle buck

uncle buck

Drilling the holes in the right place is critical in how they fit. A little off on one hole will make a bulge or twist appear. I questioned my rears after mounting them and found by reaming out a couple of holes the fit changed quite a bit. This was on a steel phaeton. I am sure you will be happy with the new set. I did split and widen the left front about 5/16" at the inner edge just to get a nicer fit. The fit was about the same on my gennie I replaced,so I would have widened the the original also if I had used it.

13. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

I just use my stock '32 ones. No problems.

14. Found stock fenders for the rear. Brookville fronts needed a bit of work to fit, but very nice parts!

15. The rear fenders they sent did not even have the correct reveal...they were very poor quality. Not sure how they made it through quality control.
    Oh well, got some Henry rear fenders instead...hard to beat!