Register now to get rid of these ads!

*** Alliance Auction - dickster27's spiral ribbed engine dress up gems ***

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by blacktopbuddha, Jul 25, 2010.

1. Just before last year's Silent Auction at the HAMB Drags (now the Alliance Auction), dickster suggested to run a few auctions on the HAMB board. The timing then was not the greatest as I was wrapping up loose ends and pulling everything together for the trip to Joplin. Here we are four weeks before the coolest hot rod party and drag races in the country, so let the bidding begin.

There will be an auction run each week leading up to the Drags and nothing more fitting than to let dickster and some of his sweet and shiny engine accessories begin this adventure.

To start, Dick has offered up a spiral ribbed fuel filter and a coil cover to show off in your engine bay if you are the highest bidder. What I like about dickster's dress up items, and what sets them off from other run of the mill brands, is that they are unique enough to be identified as coming from his shop and nowhere else. The design still rings true to hot roddings roots but there is also a small and subtle twist there that tells where those parts came from. Also, these are quality parts that will endure unlike some of the junk that comes from a certain overseas nation.

If this auction gets bid high enough, I think dickster can also be persuaded to add some other items from his stash.

Bidding ends July 31 9pm central time.

fuel filter
    [​IMG]

coil cover
    [​IMG]

link to dickster's web page
    http://www.dickshotrodplace.com/home

link to Alliance Auction thread in HAMB Drag's chat room
    http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=475769

Thank you to everyone that is helping out so far, and don't worry I'll add to this already long thread later.

2. Gonna bump my own thread here and relate a little bit what the Alliance Auction at the HAMB Drags is about.

It begins with HAMBer stan292 who started the Silent Auction several years ago to help Ryan pay expenses and keep the HAMB chugging along. Stan posted a thread a few years back asking for another set of hands, and being a newb figured it would be a good way for me to help and meet other folks from the board here. The following year, other pressing matters came to surface for Stan and the auction was now pretty much in my hands.

I went through my initiation and raised a decent chunk of change. At this time too, things were rolling along pretty well financially for Ryan. He suggested we send this ship on a different course and give back to the HAMB in a different way. So, we agreed to give the money directly to others who may have hit a rough patch in their lives.

I won't name names here as it is not my place. But, in years past the money raised has gone to; a young rodder from Canada who captured a lot of hearts here, a guy who endured the challenges of a stroke, a FAS talent who had multiple heart surgeries, a well known Oakie who unfortunately lost his battle with cancer, as well as a few others.

The money raised comes with no strings attached. It can be spent however each person sees fit. They can throw themselves a wild party, buy parts for their cars, or pay bills. It's really of no concern.

This is just a way to say "thank you" to these HAMBers for helping to make the HAMB , in the words of Ryan, a place "dedicated to spreading the gospel of traditional hot rods and kustoms to hoodlums world wide."

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  3. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Ok guys, you have not been cooperating here. Bill is doing something really good for the HAMB family so let's all get our pennies together and help out by BIDDING. I am going to sweeten the pot by adding a matched pair of my "spiral ribbed' breather assemblies. 1 cleanable breather, and 1 matching PCV valve assembly.

Attached Files:

4. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

How about a sticky here.........

5. dannyego

dannyego

I already have some of these but I will get the ball rolling with $15

6. 56gasser

56gasser
    from lower al.

7. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Can we get a sticky for this very worthy cause?

8. povertyflats

povertyflats
    from Missouri

9. rschilp

rschilp

10. BlueOvalCertified

BlueOvalCertified
    from Minnesota

11. BenW455

BenW455

12. Oldmanolds

Oldmanolds

Oh hell! $90.00

13. $125.....provided they are hemi proof:cool::D:cool:

14. flatheadpete

flatheadpete
    from Burton, MI

Crap I can't afford this. But it's less than the Fiat. $126.42

15. would ya do with that cowl ya was cutting in half???over at Kirk's??

these need to be on a hemi:D

$130:cool:

16. This is great!!! Keep 'em coming.

17. really don't know if the breathers will fit very well on my hemi........may have to re-auction them off if i win...double hit for the cause....or if Dickster has something a bit more hemi friendly????guess we'll find out........

18. $135. Keep it going. Those are sweet.

19. Kool Kandy Store items! $140.00 and for a great cause, because I love this place! :D

20. Awesome! I won! Who do I contact about payment? Thanks, Tim

21. dickster27

dickster27
    from Texas

Contact blacktopbudda. When he notifies me of your payment I'll send all your "booty".
    And thanks for your bid, it goes for a really great cause.

22. Thanks to everyone that bid, and to you too dickster. Tim, I have sent you a PM.

23. Salty

Salty
    from Florida

Damn, Day late....

I didnt see this till it was already over....been havin my eye on those breathers for a time....

24. Can't wait to put the new kool parts on the '42 Gasser Wildthing! Thanks fellas!