Register now to get rid of these ads!

Please identify Year, Make and Model of this car

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 19Fordy, Apr 12, 2010.

1. 19Fordy

19Fordy

I don't know but would like to as it's from an old album. These are pictures of pictures. i am thinking Chrysler, dodge, Plymouth or Graham but really don't know. I looked in all my car books but no luck. (Make sure you document your old photos.) Thanks. jim

Attached Files:

2. oldblu65

oldblu65
    from Tennessee

If you don't get your answer here , try going to www.hemmings.com , post it on their forum and someone there should have the answer ! Good luck !

Last edited: Apr 12, 2010
  3. I3U7N5 IV

I3U7N5 IV
    from SATX

I sent the pics to my old man who'll surprise the hell out of me if he doesn't know. I'll repost if he come up with anything.

BTW, just a tip for future reference - if you hit the "print screen" button on your keyboard 2x quickly it will copy the image on your screen then you can paste it into a file using a program like "Paint" so you don't have to take a picture of your monitor :)

4. Looks like a small car. I.ll have a stab at a Willys.

5. James427

James427
    BANNED

Looks European to me. British or French maybe?

6. cyclesounds

cyclesounds

Is that a Mercedes? Late 1930's

7. Little Wing

Little Wing
    from Northeast

Looks a bit like a Volvo PV

8. 19Fordy

19Fordy

4/13/10 I think I found it. 1936 Terraplane 2 door Brougham First photo. Agree?

Attached Files:

9. Heo

Heo

No! more boxy no suicide doors different fenders
    different beltline

10. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Opps, I think you are correct. Plus the hood side chrome is different.

11. This is a 1935 Graham catalog I found with a quick Google Images search. I'm not saying it's the real deal, but they are pretty close. We all know the artist drawings were never spot on to the actual vehicles.
    The little flip at the end of the belt line looks right, the artilery wheels look correct, and the hood side trim is very close.

[​IMG]

12. 19Fordy

19Fordy

Thank you very much Rich. Looks like that's the car. I appreciate your help. jim

13. hudsy-wudsy

hudsy-wudsy
    from MN

These could be either Graham or Reo pictures. In '35 and '36 (and maybe '37, as well) Graham was buying it's bodies from Reo. Reo was, in turn, buying it's bodies from one of the well known body builders of the time -- perhaps Budd, but I'm not certain. The bodies always struck me as heavy looking in the rear -- sort of abrupt and European looking. Both companys were on there last legs, so to speak, so sharing bodies was probably a matter desperation.

14. looks like a henway

15. Deuces

Deuces

......... And I though it was an old Dodge...

16. '54Caddy

'54Caddy

Whats a henw......naw I cant do it!

17. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt

Better ask Norm Grabowski...

18. Country Gent

Country Gent
    BANNED

If you look at the pics Rich Venza posted, there were not any 2 dr sedans pictured. Maybe NOT a Graham??????

19. Jonny69

Jonny69
    from England

The pictures aren't from England because the cars in the 3 photos are left hand drive.

20. fastrnu

fastrnu
    from shelton,wa

21. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Graham made a 2 dr "touring sedan" in 1935

Also, not a Reo. Reo built bodies for Graham in '36 and '37, quite different from the body pictured.

Here is a photo of a 35 Graham 2 door[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 26, 2010
  22. hudsy-wudsy

hudsy-wudsy
    from MN

I've seen two door Grahams. I've seen lots of them, because I follow Grahams on Jaxed. I'd like to have a Supercharged one. I love Hupps, as well, and I assure you that a Hupp looks much more streamlined than these boxy old bodies. You know, guys, when in doubt go to Google images. Also, if you have an old car that you can't recognize, there's no better help anywhere on the AACA forums. (Antique Automobile Club of America). There are guys on there that live for the challange and, geez, are they knowledgeable!

23. Weasel

Weasel

Do you man Hupp question mark? It is not a Hupp - Hupmobiles of that era all had split rear windows just for starters.... I don't think it is American

24. There can be no doubt that it is a Graham. It is identical to the green car that Arkie posted. Look at the swoopy reveal that wraps around the rear of the body. 35 Graham Touring Sedan fer sure.

25. hudsy-wudsy

hudsy-wudsy
    from MN

W C fields spelled it Karl La Fong? ("K", rather "C"). I love the reference, anyway!

26. arkiehotrods

arkiehotrods

Rich Venza identified it correctly, I just confirmed it. It is definitely a '35 Graham. The car looks odd in the back because Graham had previously had trunkback sedans (actually add-on trunks) and were trying to modernize them with not much money for retooling.

The buying public thought they were ugly and didn't buy, so for '36 & '37, Graham bought Reo bodies

27. hudsy-wudsy

hudsy-wudsy
    from MN

Here's a pic of a '35 Graham two door:

Attached Files:

28. hudsy-wudsy

hudsy-wudsy
    from MN

You're right! It's been so many years, I screwed it up. Fun to see it again...W C was such a treasure. Oh well...at least I understood the reference. I'm sure most Hambers just think you have an odd name!

29. mart3406

mart3406
    from Canada

Could it be a pre-war English or German Ford???

Mart3406
    =========================================