Register now to get rid of these ads!

History When was the first time you saw a Pines Winterfont on a Deuce?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Payne, Jul 21, 2010.

1. Hey guys,

I was talking to friend a while back and he mentioned you never saw a Pines Winterfront insert on a deuce back in the day, so that got me thinking. What was the first time you saw a Pines Winterfront on a deuce? It could be in person or it could be a picture of a car back in the day?

As for me, I grew up as a child going to a garage that always had one hanging on the wall, but I never remember seeing one on a deuce until the probably the last ten years or so. I hoping maybe someone has a story of seeing one on a car back in the 50's, 60's or early 70's because I can't image they sat in people's garages for 40 years before anyone ever thought about putting one back on a '32.

In case, you're not sure what they look like here's a Winterfront on a recent build, Paul Gommi's 1932 Ford Roadster.

[​IMG]

2. Diavolo

Diavolo

I wish I knew what to look at... the grill?

3. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

4. The insert in the grill,,they open and close to build heat in the winter. HRP

5. spoons

spoons
    from ohio

just this year for the 1st time...@ the Lone Star Round-up

6. what brakes are those?

7. F&J

F&J

I noticed them too. I am going to guess at Lincoln, only because ElPoloko just said that both Lincoln as well as Buick finned brakes make the wheel be out farther from the king pin...and that one is.

8. HomemadeHardtop57

HomemadeHardtop57

I've never seen one in person

9. The37Kid

The37Kid

First one in real life was on a friends 3Window. It was a NOS one in the box that he found on Metal Trash Day in White Plains New York about 30 years ago.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2010
  10. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

Myke's here on the HAMB. I really liked them until I found out how much they go for.....now I detest them.

11. thunderbirdesq

thunderbirdesq

:eek::eek::eek: Nice pick!!!

12. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

This was in Victoria B.C. at Deuce Dayd this past weekend.

Attached Files:

13. F&J

F&J

Some like the Pines, but Geez, look at those aftermarket "Air Wheels" made by a few companies with different names. Nice

14. falconsprint63

falconsprint63
    from Mayberry

saw one in a street sceene in the early 90's when I was first building my 34 pu. thought it was the coolest thing ever, but had not idea what it was. took years to figure it out from the tiny photo--always like the addition of the center bar to that shell. too bad I can't afford one now they'e gone berzerk.

15. they look like Kinmonts...

16. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Being a child from the SOUTH ( and still there :eek: ) ... where it gets over 100 degrees a good bit in the summer and rarely below 25 degrees in the winter ... I never saw one until I went to Hershey PA AACA fall swap meet about 25 years ago.

Did not particularly think that they were attractive back then and even less attractive ( to me ) now. I really like having rare, unusual 32 Ford stuff but the PINES winterfront is not one of the things I want on either of my Deuces ... but understand other folks wanting them.

I do wish I had about 2 dozen of them ... so I could sell 2 or 3 a year :D

[​IMG]

17. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

The first one I've seen in person was the one on the B400 pictured above at deuce days. The grille looks really cool, but they're wayyy outa my price range. It's just a normal insert for me on my deuce. Before that I'd only seen pics of them.

18. paintcan54

paintcan54

Never seen one in person, and today in the picture for the first time. I like the look.

19. AACA show in Hershey,PA back in the early 70's.

20. Did anyone get a chance to talk to the owner? I'm wondering if that's the same B-400 from the V-8 Affair? The B-400 from V-8 affair was owned by Mr. Sturl Sheff from Paramount, CA it had stock wheels and insert, but it's has the same color combination, dual side mounts, and a twenty-five louver hood like that one.

21. First time I ever saw one was in a photo shoot of a deuce roadster in Hot Rod Magazine way back in the 60s.It was when the photos were in green.Don't remember the year,maybe 63 or 64, but remember the car belonged to a guy in Anniston Al.Never have seen one in person, but I live down south where you would seldom need one.We have been known to just put cardboard in front of the radiator on really cold days.

22. 32 Barn Car

32 Barn Car
    from Oregon

When HAMB member Myke moved to Oregon . I saw his excellent 3W for the first about 3+ months ago and it's also the first time I'd seen one that was on a car........

Attached Files:

23. Steves32

Steves32
    from So Cal

Late 60's is the 1st one I remember.
    They are a love or hate deal.

Here's one I saw several years ago.

[​IMG]

24. uncle buck

uncle buck

I have no idea for sure, but I do see it currently has a Nevada plate on it.It was full of patina right down to the stains in the top and the worn interior. Was one of my favorites at Victoria.

25. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

Everybody has a opinion, but in my eyes I don't care what they cost. They are UGLY.

26. BobbyFullen

BobbyFullen
    from Kerrville

I saw one at the Deuce Reunion on the deuce SoCal built for a guy in Kerrville . They look good !!!!

27. Kilroy

Kilroy
    from Orange, Ca

Not even close. :cool:

Kinmont
    [​IMG]

I'm guessing Lincoln too

28. tommy

tommy
    Member Emeritus

[​IMG]

I can't remember the first time that I saw one actually on a Deuce. I saw them at Hershey. I do remember the day at Hershey that I got mine. It was raining cats and dogs. I said to myself...I'd give 600 for it but I know he wants at least a grand. The vendor stuck his head out from his dry trailer and said I'm not selling a thing in this rain. If you want it I'll take 600! BINGO!

I always get a kick out of the ones on the So Cal roadsters. They have to be imported.:D I could have kept mine for my roadster but they became so valuable to a few that I had to let it go.

29. alchemy

alchemy

The first Pines I ever remember seeing in pictures was on the Gommi roadster shown in the first post (saw a pic years ago). That car has lots of neat (rare) parts on it. Don't remember the first one I saw in person, but I do remember seeing one on a pickup at this summer's Back to the Fifties. It (the grille) was causing quite a stir, with many people coming over and checking it out.