Register now to get rid of these ads!

1966 Lincoln Coupe Getting Air

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 66Coupe, Jun 8, 2010.

1. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

custom 100 great post!

2. ironandsteele

ironandsteele

car looks great dude. nice job.

3. Redlined

Redlined
    from SoCal

I think the moral to the story is, people in "glass" houses, shouldn't juggle bricks...

4. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

ahahahahaha awesome, lol you guys crack me up! thanks again to everyone who contributed positively to this post and to the automotive scene as a whole!

5. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Very nice looking ride. Smooth, powerful, and, one of the great "road rides" of all-time. Love to cruise it on a Route 66, or, Lincoln Highway (No PUN Intended !) Trip !

Ride on, stay safe...

JK

6. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

Read the caption on the lower right hand corner pic..Air ride goes back to the mid-30's.

7. Hooligan63

Hooligan63

By the way,I remember when a member here bought that mag at a swap,posted the article,and I saved all the pics of it before the thread got thrown out. Now,with that being said,Cadillac introduced air ride on consumer vehicles in 1958,with Chevy and a few others following suite. The setup was discontinues due to all the bugs they couldn't work out,but a few customizers worked out the kinks and used the improved setup on a few customs.

8. custom100

custom100

Just so there is no confusion, I got that picture from Hooligan63's post on another "Bags aren't traditional" thread. Hooligan, you have certainly spent a lot of time educating people on here about air suspension (including me), and unfortunately arguing with people on this forum to stop them from being closed minded. For all of you who would like to ask questions or post about air suspension or hydros Hooligan has a group called "Pavement Scrapers" you should check out.

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/group.php?groupid=422

9. stevechaos13

stevechaos13

Lookin killer man. I've got a 66 Ford that's bagged too. Air ride on a 60's cruiser helps out alot. They're big, long cars that can look kinda akward without some drop.
    As for your wheel debate, I've been having the same problem myself. I'm riding on steelies with skinny whites and the stock dog dish caps for right now, but I'm trying to decide what to swap in eventually. The tire's will stay, but wheel options are limitless...

10. seriouslybaby

seriouslybaby
    from small town

i LOVE that '66!! those two doors are really hard to find but they are so rad! i hope you dont go with black paint, though :p!! she needs something pretty that will make her stand out!!! but it is your car & you've done great with it so far!

11. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

thanks! not going black ;) got a few tricks up our sleeves on this one!!! Thanks for the kind words!

12. custom100

custom100

So what's going on? I keep checking back and don't get any updates! You aren't pulling the air suspension back off are you?

13. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

the car is at paint.

14. speedaddict

speedaddict
    from Austin, Tx

I dig the car a lot...there's always been an argument here about bags and being traditional or not...keep us updated on the car.

I haven't been on here lately, seems to have changed around here quite a bit.

15. "traditional is in the "eye of the beholder" and this debate goes back decades"
    The beholder's eye here belongs to Ryan. That being said, I think he'd ok this because a 66-67 Lincoln has the same basic suspension as the earlier 61-64 Lincolns....as an old 66 lincoln coupe owner/driver, I like it.

16. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

thanks guys! Yeah, car's at paint right now, hopefully get it back in Sept... but WE ALL know painters, and they tend to laaagggggg... don't worry, I will post updates as soon as she's back in my hands!

17. Cshabang

Cshabang

Ive heard this one before MIke.......FINISH IT!!!!! hahahaha sorry man...old joke I know-Cant wait to see it

18. I'm sure you will... Sept 2012!:eek:

19. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

haha thanks guys for the vote of confidence lol ;)

20. Goozgaz

Goozgaz

Lincoln... ummm... I'd rather have a Cadillac.

21. BenDaPirate

BenDaPirate

Don't you dare paint this fucking car. Green for the money!!!

22. Gold for the honeys.

23. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

brown for the ummmm BEER? :)

24. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

ahahahahahaha Goozgaz you're right I know... lol ;) we gotta root for the under dogs, us Lincoln doods gotta stick together haha!

25. I have a Caddy 500 powered Lincoln.
    Best of both worlds.. :)

26. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

27. Philbilly

Philbilly

Looks good man!

28. baggedmitsu

baggedmitsu

wheres the pic of the finished car? Ive seen some on FB but wheres our update

29. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

30. 66Coupe

66Coupe
    from SoCal

Let's try it this way for the non Facebook peeps:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]