Register now to get rid of these ads!

Where Can I get A Flathead Bench Flowed?

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by 38FLATTIE, Jul 19, 2010.

1. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

I need to get bench flow numbers on the Cadillac flathead. I've checked with several people that do this, but can't find anyone who can do the flathead.

Anyone know of a place that can?

Thanks in advance!

2. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

little work, you could probably build one. think there was a guy that built one here.

3. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Hey Buddy,

The project is coming very nicely.
    So, when you say "bench flowed" are you talking heads?
    Sometime ago Joe Abbin offered to bench flow my Norm Frick heads.................you might give him a call and ask.
    Just a thought?????????????????????

John

4. oj

oj

This sounds like makings for a good tech piece.

5. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Kinda, I guess?!

Since the valves are in the block, I really need the block flowed, to get numbers to profile the cam. I imagine the heads are on there at the time, but I'm unsure!

As for a tech piece, I need CORRECT numbers, and I sure as hell don't trust me!Lol!

6. fur biscuit

fur biscuit
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

7. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

8. Buddy- call Angelo at Geddes Auto Machine (719-598-1535) here in the springs, see if he would do the Flatcad.

9. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Thanks Cory! I called, and he said to bring it in, he thinks he can do it!

10. it's all about who you know...............

11. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Ok guys, I STILL need someone to do bench flow testing for us. In three months, all I'm getting is the run-a-round.

Ant ideas here?

12. hotcoupe

hotcoupe

call joe abbin- he`s in New Mexico.

13. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Joe Abbin of 'Blown Flathead'?

I gotta think he's probably too busy to screw with testing a Flatcad!

However, if anyone knows how to contact him, I'll give him a shout.

14. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Thanks guys!

Haha! I did the same thing, right after I posted. Should have thought of it BEFORE I posted.

Anyway, I just spent the last 40 minutes on the phone with Joe. Real neat guy, and funny as hell! Long and short of the matter is that he is going to do the bench flow testing. I'm working in PA. for the next 11 days, then I'm loading an engine up and heading down there.

I'm excited about this because not only will I get good numbers, but I'll be able to ask him a lot of questions I have.:D

Last edited: Nov 6, 2010
  15. Very cool!

16. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

17. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Hey Buddy,

Since I was the first one to suggest Joe, can I get your information before anyone else?

Just kidding, but Joe is one of the nicest guys you will ever meet................along with Norm.

When you head to B'Ville and need someone to help pit with the rest of your crew just let me know...............Depending on what kind of carbs/injection you have maybe I can bring someone with experience along for the ride.

18. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

We will definately talk!

C'mon out to Bonneville- there wil be plenty to do, for sure. Flatcad is running an Ebderle bug catcher mechanical injection.

19. Joe Abbin,Roadrunner Engineering, Albuquerque, NM.

20. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Last week I got the engine down to Joe, so we should have some numbers in a week or two!:D

21. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Buddy,

OK, let me know when you get the information...............I'd love to see it.
    I just had my Roush/Yates heads flow benched, 381 on the intake side and 289 on the exhaust.............of course these are on a 408 Windsor motor.
    Hey, I sent Ryan a MO for the tee shirt that I won on the auction and wondered if he had OK'd you to send me the tee shirt...............2X.
    Also, do you guys think you will be going to Bonneville next year? My offer to crew still stands. I went to the 60th races with Strombergs97 and met some really great people and had a heck of time during tech.................but as I told more than one person, "The only reason I'd come back to Bonneville is to either "Race a Car", or "Pit on a Crew"..........just watching the cars is not fun for me............Kind of like drag racing...............now I don't have to watch anymore and going 9.801 @ 133 in the quarter is a lot more fun than walking through the pits or sitting in the stands...................IMHO

22. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

John, you're car may go faster in the quarter than the Flatcad does in three miles!Lol!

As soon as I have stock numbers, ported numbers, etc., I'll share them on the build thread.

No, I haven't heard from Ryan, but if you say you sent the check, I'll send the shirt. I'm in PA. at work, and will get home on Feb. 11. Please PM your address, shirt style, and black or white.

And yes, we'll be at Bonneville! We'd love to have you on the team!:D:cool:

23. oldcarfart

oldcarfart

since you are in PA, try "Lorenzo's Fast Flow Cylinder Heads", just north of Philthydelphia (215) 518-8666, he is amazing and has a world wide customer base, tell him Calvin from South Carolina sent you, I can always use the brownie points <grin>

24. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

The block, heads and everything, are already at Joe Abbin's Roadrunner Engineering.

I work in PA, but live in Colorado.

25. A Chopped Coupe

A Chopped Coupe

Buddy,

Thanks for the invite, you don't have to ask me more than once, I'd love to help crew with you guys.

Yes, my car may be faster in the 1/4, but I am sure your's will do more than that on the salt even though it may take more than a couple of miles. The Maverick feels really solid at the end of the 1/4...............put if I had to push any longer than 1/4 mile I'm sure I would need the full width of the salt to keep the shinny side up!

John

26. Wow guess I'm going to try to make it to Bonney this year to see this in person. Joe is defiantly one of the finest guys around, and will help you in any way Flat..........
    How's it going John

27. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

John, Carl- hope to see you both there!:D

28. Jeepers, that's a hell of a commute! :eek:

29. 38FLATTIE

38FLATTIE
    from Colorado

Yep!

...but not as far as Oman- that was my other choice!:eek: