Register now to get rid of these ads!

new garage find

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Scallop53, Jul 18, 2010.

1. I just bought a vehicle for my son Cole who just turned 15. He said he wanted anything old, cuz old cars still have the cool factor about them. Well we found a 1939 plymouth pick up. It's cool as hell and damn near a driver. Only missing wood bed and tailgate. This things in better shape than when I bought my truck. Still on original tires and holding air, has original flat head 6, turns over and has oil pressure but dont run...YET. only had it 2 days I'll try to post some pics tomorrow.

2. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Well done! Your son is a lucky boy to have you for a Dad! You have a golden opportunity to make it a memorable experience for both of you (but I think you probably already know that!). Teach him all you know and keep us in the loop on bringing the old girl back to life! Regards, Dave

3. Retro Jim

Retro Jim

Great find . They make great hotrods or leave as stock . A Plymouth 318 or 360 fit in very nicely . I had a 1937 Plymouth p/u but sold it to buy a 49 & 50 Shoebox Fords . I have a 1970 Ford 460 I was building to stuff in mine to have some fun on the street . Would have been 550+ hp .
    I do have 5 stock rims and the dog dish hubcaps with the Plymouth ship on them in nice shape for a driver for sale . The guy that bought my truck didn't have enough $$ for them after buying the truck .
    If you need a place for parts I can help you out there too . Just send me a PM .
    Keep us posted on that truck build !

Retro Jim

4. 54pumpjack

54pumpjack

Symco here we come Dan, awesome find!

5. truckncoupe

truckncoupe

Good for you! I bought all three of my boys trucks when they were young...great way to make memories! I built them a 50 F1, 55 F100 and a 40 P/u....Good luck and keep us posted.....:D

6. That is awesome! I wish my old man would have done that!

7. skidsteer

skidsteer

Great to see another Mopar resurrected!

8. Cool deal Dan. Can't wait to see the pics.

9. specialk

specialk

So, enquiring minds want to know, what do 71 year old tires look like?

10. What a bitchin first vehicle for a kid! Thats killer, we needs pics though!

-Shiny

11. Congrats Cole, is he on here yet?

15 is close to 16, so he'll be able to drive it to Symco right?

See ya at Symco?

12. strawberry

strawberry

fantastic man, where did you find it and where are the pics,

13. One day, it'll look like my avatar - a '41 Plymouth!
    <
    <
    <
    <

14. Sounds like a lot of fun for ol'dad & your son, please show pics.

15. badss540

badss540
    from HB

Thats Great, I just finished the 69 for my son who's 16 and the 49 last year for my father in law whos 77,lol
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

16. Super04duty

Super04duty

I got a '47 Dodge truck in Feb. These old trucks are fun, figuring out parts and such is a little more challenging than some (my first car when I was 16, and current frame off is a '57 chevy truck, much easier in the parts dept.).... Ive got my Dodge running on the original flat head. In fact, I just got it to move under its own power the other day. No brakes, so its a little fun, but it moves. lol.

17. Hotrod95

Hotrod95

Dang Im 14 and bought myself this....

[​IMG]

18. r8odecay

r8odecay

What color is this??

19. captainjunk#2

captainjunk#2

nice to see young blood getting into the hobby , id have got a good report card for an old truck when i was in school lol

20. badss540

badss540
    from HB

Pretty much factory with a little lighter blue mix

21. farmer12

farmer12

Congrats on the Plymouth. One lucky son. Good luck with it.

22. Congrat,s Cole I hope you guys enjoy working on it together.

23. 2manyprojects

2manyprojects

24. ssgkennedy

ssgkennedy

I have had a 39 sitting in my garage/driveway for 7 years with minimal progress. Life has gotten in the way. But I fell in love with one when I was 14. Bought a nice body in 04, found a solid frame in 07, and got a motor drivetrain in 09. Now I have a garage that is too full for any work. Sure wish I had known there was a runner in WI I would have gone to pick it up in a heartbeat. Congrats. I want pictures.
    Check out http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/39-47Dodge/ A bunch of restorers. They have updated parts numbers/modern equivalents for a lot of the parts that the resto houses overcharge you for.

25. krooser

krooser

You better have that '39 at Symco...

26. thanks for all the nice remarks. It's in great shape. plan is to make it run tonite. I'll get some pics after work and try to get them posted.