Register now to get rid of these ads!

Art & Inspiration The Photoshop thread to end all Photoshop Threads!

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Pair O' Dice, Oct 10, 2008.

1. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Fitty Too, Any time. I was glad to see someone ask for a Gasser style 'shop. (My favorite) The wheels fit the theme, and for sure deeper rims on the back. And yes, this would look great sitting at a light, especially if you have a cammed up early hemi under the hood. (probably scare the shit out of some Tuner :D) What engine & trans do you plan to run?
    Incidentally, after I posted this pic I got to thinking that Gassers don't have front bumpers, so I edited the original post on the previous page, removing the bumper & grill and adding a Moon tank. I think it looks a little better.

2. Photoshop my 53 Plymouth.......either as a custom and/or gasser.

I would like to see both styles done.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. zgears

zgears

I really hate the stock front of this 39 Pontiac. If any ones interested, Id like to see this with a laSalle grill

[​IMG]

4. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

[​IMG][​IMG]

It'll take a bit of metal work but its do-able, and it does look better. Oh, and please feed the cat. She has her eye on your lunch box.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2014
  5. Nice kitty! He must be having a tuna salad sammidge for lunch! :D

6. Fitty Toomuch

Fitty Toomuch
    from WVa

I actually like the oe grill, but a 52 looks way different. Be nice to find a pic with that angle, I have a feeling my grill is going to look weird, we`ll see. I`m hell bent on a 440 and 4spd, may have to run the 727 till funds allow.

7. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I like your choice of drive train, being a firm believer in cubic inches and stick shifts. 440s make power real easy and the 833 New Process is a pretty tough transmission. I only broke one. Definately go with the 4 speed when you can. Automatics are for little old ladies.

8. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Don't forget some of us older guys, that have older wives that want to drive them too.:D She's 7 years younger than I, but this way I'll still get to be driving or at least riding in my toys into my 80's. :cool:;)

9. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

I'm sure there quite a few ladies out there who know how to row a 4 speed. My wife is 54 and a life long stick shift driver. In the late '90s we lived in San Diego, where our only transportation was my '56 F-100 with a punched out 429 & top loader 4 speed. (see avatar) She took to it immediately, and in later years she admitted she'd been racing the sailors with it when I was out of town. She told me they'd pull up alongside her in their Camaro's and Mustangs, gunning their engines and laughing, apparently thinking she would be intimidated. WRONG! Many a sailor ate humble pie after tangling with my wife!
    I asked her why she didn't tell me about this at the time, and she said she was afraid I'd be mad at her for racing the truck. Hell, I was proud of her! She never lost race! :D

10. KomoG2

KomoG2
    from Utah

Alright guys show me what you got. Wanted to see some James Dean Kind of Car out of my shoebox.
    Clean it up mostly.
    Change the roof color, something lighter
    Maybe Lowrider it up for me.
    See what a Henry J Grill looks in there...
    Anything else is the creator’s prerogative...
    Thanks Guys

Attached Files:

11. Mr. Jean

Mr. Jean

Oh mine can too. She's driven my vette's and my current 4x4, but she's already 60 and health can play tricks on you as you age. So we're just being safe, because you never know what's coming later on.:rolleyes:

As to the racing, ALL of that is done on the strip for us. Not knocking it, just been there done that. We're thinking more about safety than balls out now.;)

Some times we make choices, not because we want to, but because we must.:cool:

12. Zombie Plymouth

Zombie Plymouth

flaked roof

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 14, 2010
  13. how about lowered and a visor and skirts. [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. bobj49f2

bobj49f2

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

15. Pacsh

Pacsh
    from Venice, FL

I'd really appreciate it if someone could "paint" this Econoline a Metallic Maroon Red with something close to Cadillac's Cream Pearl color for the scallops. And MAYBE (????) add on a set of American Racing Torq Thrust D Wheels?

[​IMG]

This truck belongs to another HAMBer. I'm just borrowing it for the design.

Thanks

16. 35touring

35touring
    from Kentucky

I would really like to see my car with some body colored Artillery wheels. Can someone please photoshop some on my car before I bite the bullit, and buy them.
    I would really appreciate it. Sorry photo is so big.
    [​IMG]

17. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

Just picked this 300 up ( plastic wally mart hubcaps & all, which btw have been replace with chrome stockers ) the plan is satin black , copper megaflaked roof & scallops with wide whites & bags. Can anyone out there help with some pho-choppin'. Im just a lil' computer stupid over here fellas. Oh yeah as momma always said......please & thanks !

[​IMG][/IMG]
    [​IMG][/IMG]

18. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

Well , shit !!!!!! Lets try those pics again........[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

19. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Those mid 60's cars don't look good satin black. It screams I can't afford a paint job.

20. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

the truth is.... I cant

21. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Thats OK , and I'M sorry , I didn't mean anything by it. Do what you can do with what you have. 8)

22. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

no worries bro , to each their own , right? if i had the cash like i used to , id have nice paint , but with the way things are right now , im just happy to have her running , driving & not losing pieces of her flying down the blacktop. hell , you shouldve seen the shit-eating grin on my face when i picked up the stock chrome wheels yesterday for $20- , 2 hours with barkeeps friend polish & steel wool..... now ive got to hustle the cash for the www's. , shes ugly , but shes mine & cheap make-up's better than no make up........................:D

23. Bigcheese327

Bigcheese327

That's bitchin'. My dad would've loved that. It's like "The High and Mighty" goes respectible.

-Dave

24. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

Thanks! Regarding the High and Mighty, if I remember correctly that car was put together by some Chrysler engineers right? Kinda bizarre looking but ahead of its time.

25. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

She aint ugly thats a good looking rig..

Here is a link for paint if ya save up for it, just over $200 for a gallon each of high build primer / color and clear.
    http://www.tcpglobal.com/autocolorlibrary/

I didn't have a lot of dough either so I shopped around and had good service from these guys so far.
    Good luck man , I do like that rig , post some pics when you get those rims on.

26. evilgenius

evilgenius

here's one I posted recently to the los boulevardos forum, a 62 ford squire.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

27. OahuEli

OahuEli
    from Hawaii

28. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

here ya go hank , not too bad for $20 wheels & a little elbow grease.......... & thanks for the tip on the paint supplies , not a bad price , now youve got me thinking............[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

[​IMG][/url][/IMG]

29. The Hank

The Hank
    from CO

Looks great Charlie , you got the stance lookin good. So what color you thinking about?

30. CHARLIE_HUSTLE

CHARLIE_HUSTLE
    from CHICO CA.

if i go with something other than the satin , im thinking heavy , heavy flake copper & cream top........