Register now to get rid of these ads!

Hot Rods Deuce Days in Victoria, B.C.

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Steveo, Jul 15, 2010.

1. It's a bit late now but this weekend is the third Deuce Days put on by Al Clark of Deuces Northwest. 900 cars registered and more than half are deuces. coming from all over Nortth America and Europe. All day sunday the 18th in downtown Victoria, B.C. Canada.
    Hope some of you can make it; should be quite the show.

2. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I'll be there with my deuce tudor and my dad is coming with his 3 window. I can't wait. Should be a good show. I missed the last two Deuce Days for various crappy reasons.

3. That's a really cool downtown area. Recently spent a few hours there when our cruise ship stopped there. Couldn't have asked for a prettier day. Really wish I knew about the deuce show...I could have planned our vacation to be there that day.

Do they put the cars in the field in front of the parliament building? That would be a great picture.

[​IMG]

4. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Yes. The cars get lined up in front of the parliament buildings as well as the Empress Hotel and along the street. It's a pretty cool picture. I'm told it's an awesome show.

5. My reg # is 359 but I'm not going to make it. Maybe next year when life is'nt so complicated!! LOL

6. I'm a longtime(25 years) Victoria resident now living 30 miles away in Duncan, its a great get together. My wife and I just bought another house near Shasta lake Ca where I've been the past week, on tuesday I saw several deuces driving around Redding. When I talked to a few of the owners in a restaraunt parking lot they said they were just making sure everything ran right before heading up to Deuce days. Yesteday while driving home up I-5 there were several all heading north, over a dozen on the Coho ferry from Port Angeles.

7. Fordy Frd

Fordy Frd

Hey DanBabb, To answer your question, technically they don't put cars on the lawn of the B.C. legislature , but certainly on the driveway and roads in front. Also they allow cars to park on the lawn of the Empress Hotel.
    Here are a couple of pics from 2007. My son and I are heading over on Saturday for the show on Sunday. Can't wait!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

8. budd

budd

i'll be there, my first time, some time around noon, no car to take.

Attached Files:

• me.JPG
      me.JPG
      File size:
      304.4 KB
      Views:
  9. I'm catching the 9 am ferry tomorrow. I'll be the guy driving the Mazda mini-van:(

10. budd

budd

i'll be wearing blue jeans and a white t-short, can't miss me.

11. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

LOL!!!!

You will see me there with my Acadian parked nearby. No, wait, my car is not perfect or high dollar enough to be anywhere near the inner harbour on Sunday. For anyone attending, please note all the "DO NOT TOUCH" signs on the mint cars.

Before I get all the hate responses, I'm not knocking the guys that own the real nice 32 Fords, especally the ones that built them themself, and drive them. I guess I just don't like the additude and ego of some, stress some owners of "perfect" rods. I hope Duece Days here in Victoria goes over well. It's just not for me. I prefer the local cruise nights and show and shines.

12. budd

budd

just leaving for Vic now, going by Francelli's for my cheese burger, i owe my little women a burger to..

13. What a cool looking photo,,HRP

[​IMG]

14. Deuce Daddy Don

Deuce Daddy Don
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Great pix!!!!!---Thanks for sharing!!!----Really have to laff over some of the comments!!--------Don

15. rick finch

rick finch

It's always a good show....but I'm wondering who really has the "attitude"....

16. I was thinking the same thing! HRP

17. big*b

big*b

today they had a function at the bear mountain golf course. really great turn out of awesome hotrods. i cant wait for tomorrow. ill try and take some pictures

18. AV8 Dave

AV8 Dave

Saw lots of them just about everywhere today as I went about my mundane Saturday tasks of mowing the lawn (we live on the scenic drive that a lot of them took today), hauling garden waste to the local municipal yard (which is right on one of our main drags) and taking junk and recycle to the local landfill (had to wait till a bunch of them went past and then pulled out of our side driveway ahead of a channeled five-window and a highboy roadster. Super eye candy and exhaust sound nirvana, but a painful reminder that my own AV8 sedan was sitting in a darkened garage with probably another two to three year's work until completion. Oh well, maybe I'll make the next one in three year's time........I hope.......(maybe I should start a support group for those of us with long-term budget builds!) No matter, I will be down at the Parliament Buildings tomorrow for another hotrod fix!
    Regards, Dave.

19. 5w32

5w32

heres my roadster in front of the empress at the last show

Attached Files:

20. Mr48chev

Mr48chev
    ALLIANCE MEMBER

Wow. Deuce overload in a great setting. I told my wife we should have take a few days off and gone up there with the sailboat.

21. big*b

big*b

insted of starting a new thread ill just hijack this one with my pictures.
    2010 was a good show. alot of people wandering around. i stopped taking pictures because of all the people.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    i love 36/35 fords and want one badly!

22. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

I took a ton of pics today as well. I'll post some when I get home. All of the pics are of Deuces though...:D

23. budd

budd

just got back home, my first time there, wow lots of cars and people, i stopped taking pics at car shows long ago sorry, so many people it would be hard to take pics anyway, i had my pic taken by El Toro, i built the headers..lol

24. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

It was a great show with lots of fantastic cars! Lots of people too, but then, thats what its all about!

25. Deuce Roadster

Deuce Roadster
    Member Emeritus

Yes :D :D
    ... what is with all the non DEUCE photos at the Deuce Days ??

That is like having a 1980 Citation at the NSRA Nationals in Louisville KY :rolleyes:
    ( Yes ... I know that it will happen in 2010 :( ).

Seriously ... Thanks for ALL the photos :)

26. acadian_carguy

acadian_carguy

Nice to see pics of HAMB style cars at the event and not just 100 grand shop built 32 Fords.
    BTW... Victoria is a big tourist town in the summer, especially in the inner harbour area. I am sure some were there to see the cars, but even of the show was not going the inner harbour area would have had loads of people. I'm glad the event seemed to do well, but I still do not regret not going to see it...'cause I am sure there were limited numbers of traditional style cars, I hate crowds, and I had a great day with my family, tinkered on my Acadian, and I went for a cruise in it with said family.

27. budd

budd

there were lots of drivers there really, one thing i did on most of the cars was check out the interiors, front suspensions, brakes, 1000 cars built 1000 different ways, i have a 28/29 roadster, a 28/29 roadster pickup, a 30/31 coupe, a 27 T-sedan, parts of a t-coupe, and a good start on a 34 5-window, at one point i could stand in one spot and see all the same vehicles i have but built, pretty cool, 32 fords are nice but my fav was the 34 5-window that lives just down the road, there was something there for everyone, i'm not being paid for saying this..lol

28. Thanks Big*B, and Deucedreamer, for the pics. I couldn't make it over, hopefully next year.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2010
  29. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

Well we are now home. It was a great show!!! So many really nice deuces. Some that were from right around where I live and I'd never even seen them before!! I can't wait for the next Deuce Days. Only 3 years to wait...oh well....:(:( So here are some pics. The first one is my sedan and my dads 3 window. I think we were the last two cars to arrive and somehow we managed to get a spot right in front of the Empress hotel. It was a neat spot. I hope you enjoy the pics. Don't hate me for not taking any non-deuce pics or for posting too many.....:D

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 18, 2010
  30. Deucedreamer

Deucedreamer
    from BC Canada

More Pics.

Attached Files: