Register now to get rid of these ads!

History GENE WINFIELD Talks About His Origins, Early Years, and, Move To Modesto !

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Jonnie King, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

The Legendary Hall Of Famer, GENE WINFIELD , talks about his Origins: From painting his first car in his brothers' garage at the age of 15, to his first shop ( a re-worked chicken house ! ) in the back of his Mother's yard, to International Fame.

This is one FANTASTIC personal story that you'll want to hear more than once !!

All you have to do is click-on and go to the Hall Of Fame Legends Series to hear it RIGHT NOW ! http://www.legends.thewwbc.net/about4.html

Many thanks to all of my friends here at the H.A.M.B. for your help & support !

The HOFL Site is a "labor of love"...preserving the voices & stories of these legendary heroes for both current and future R&C followers to learn from...just as the H.A.M.B. helps us figure out what to do with & how to fix our rides.

Jonnie King www.legends.thewwbc.net

Attached Files:

2. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

I met Gene at the Fleetwood Country Cruize-in her in Ontario Canada last year
    and all I have to say is he's a true gentleman and it was truly a pleasure to talk
    with him.
    He doesn't look 84

3. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

You are right, Wolfman ! Gene's still got more energy than most 30 year old's !

Jonnie

4. Albie

Albie

5. SuperFleye

SuperFleye
    Alliance Vendor

Great interview, thanks for sharing this!

6. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

Albie/SuperFleye: Sincere thanks for your comments ! Much more from Gene and the other Legends coming soon.

Jonnie

7. ss34coupe

ss34coupe

8. fenian65

fenian65

i seen him at road rocket rumble this year. he was signing autographs and i tried to take his pic and he hollered at me and said come on over and take a pic with me bring your son so we did and he took the time to talk with me and my son even though there were people waiting for his autograph he was a really nice guy didnt seem bothered that i was a blubbering idiot.

9. dustdevil

dustdevil
    from illinois

He is a awesome guy!! Very down to earth and easy to talk to. I have had the pleasure of meeting and talking with him a few times now and very happy I have had the chance to!!!! Hope he is here for 84 more years!!:)

10. seatex

seatex

AND still quite the skirt chaser, too!

11. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

seatex,

Everytime I'm in the presence of Winfield & Barris, I've gotta standback, get outta the way, and, duck for cover...'cause they're BOTH "Chick Magnets" ! :D

12. Wolfman1

Wolfman1

Barris comes up here every year to the Fleetwood Cruize-in and they have a dance
    there as well . He's got the ladies lined up to dance.
    Another true gentleman who will spend all day talking with you.
    Can't believe I've been lucky enough to meet George and Gene

13. Cool! Thanks for sharing, I see Gene out at El Mirage all the time and he seems like one of the youngest guys there. Full of energy and still has an eye for the ladies. ;)

14. Jonnie King

Jonnie King
    from St. Louis

mctim64...

Gene has always loved to race ! He's still got his eye on a record run at Bonneville one of these days...and knowing Gene, if the weather co-operates, he'll make it.

BUT, he never forgets his roots, as he talks about in our above Interview.

JK