Register now to get rid of these ads!

2010 GoodGuys Columbus Meet & Greet Info and Roll Call

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by hotrodladycrusr, Jun 15, 2010.

1. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Pig Iron. Mandatory Goodguys food... Well, maybe not anymore...

We had a group of us that missed the HAMB folks at the Pig Iron Friday/Saturday though I suspect that if you had the same service we had earlier in the weekend, you likely didn't go back any of the other days during the event.

Last year was fun, the waitress was a trip, the company was good and the food delicious. This year... Not so much.

Friday night the service was extremely slow but we wrote it up to a fluke as the waiter on the patio was very apologetic for the fact he was stuck working the area himself.

Then we went back Saturday night and things got really weird. Again, we sat on the patio and service was s l o w. The beer was screwed up and had to be repoured. The appetizer never did come. We waited patently for more than an hour for any drink refills which never happened.

Someone at another dinner table dropped a plate which rolled out off the patio into the parking lot. An older couple came in later in a van, ran over the upside down plate (which just exploded) and then parked. Everyone got quiet and sort of laughed. After another 1/2 hour though, their tire was flat and the van owners were out there with a manager and someone from the offending table. Not so funny now...

Multiple people were obviously having problems with getting their orders, or getting them right. At one point, a manager was screaming profanity at one of the waitresses, who got her purse and walked out and the manager was then slamming the freezer doors and cussing.

We were told they were out of Gravy... Sorry. Another waitress informed the table behind us they were out of Beans. And finally, the kicker... After well over an hour waiting for our BBQ... Our waitress informed us they were out of Pork!

At that point we left. I doubt we will ever go back.

Hope if any other HAMBERS made it there, they had better luck, but I highly doubt it...

Other than that little problem and missing the actual meet and greet (lost track of time), we had a GREAT weekend! Sorry to miss actually talking with you guys though.

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  2. WOW! Hard to believe our beloved BBQ place has fallen to the mediocre. :( They are obviously in need of a Bubba's talkin too to make sure this don't happen again. :D

We had some personal issues that arose that prevented us from making the trip this year. All is well now. :)

3. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Glad all is well. We missed you guys and Denise and others...

Yeah, I think maybe a management change and a good beating and all could be back to normal (maybe not in that order...)

We may need to scope out some new places to go next year.

I did see "Bobs Bar, The Cultural Hub of the Midwest" up the street. Seems like that should have promise (lol!)

PS: Perhaps a "Bubbas BBQ and Watermelon" stand in the empty lot across the street would be appropriately positioned to get all of the Pigs business next year.

Bob

Attached Files:

4. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Good seeing you in passing, hope you got the R&R you were looking for. Where was your little friend with the bedazzled ears?:D

I thought I saw you from a distance in the vendor building on Saturday!

I trust you both made it home safely, air or no air :D It was good seeing you guys, you gotta get up here more often!

Wow, that is one heck of a story. Without Denise or Bubba I deemed myself BBQ free for the weekend!

Thanks everyone for coming to the Meet and Greet. We had about 20 over the course of 45 minutes. I snapped a group shot, I'll post it up on this thread once I get everything downloaded.

I propose we change the Meet and Greet spot next year. There were a ton of HAMBers there that didn't want to make the trek outside the gate to come to the M&G. It is SOOOO far from anything at the show! What do you say Denise?

5. Streetwerkz

Streetwerkz

pig iron has new owners... food sucks ass now.
    the new owners fired all the old cooks the first month after they bought it.
    we used to go there several times a month

6. Ouch, that explains it right there. :( Sounds like we better start scoping out a new hang out for next year. :D

7. Yeah, and your ass was sticker free and no woodford!! :D:D We'll have to make it up to ya next time we see ya!! :D

8. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

Can't wait! I needed some woodford to conquer this cold this past weekend!

9. redlinetoys

redlinetoys
    from Midwest

Hi Chevygirl, We saw you briefly at the host hotel Friday night and missed saying hi.

I think the meet and greet might be great at the gazebo grassy area just outside the CRA build (Where Denise was parked last year...)

New ownership at the Pig explains the awful dinner situations. So much for that place... We actually ended up having a pretty good late night dinner at the Noodle Factory up the road.

And yes, I do have a picture of a certain Bubba Sticker on a certain posterior posted in my display case in the garage!

10. NITROFC

NITROFC
    BANNED

We ate @ The Pig on Fri & sat ..No issues just a little wait time and maybe the cook passing out in the kitchen.. but the food was the same to me

Sorry I missed up on the M&G I showed up after 12ish

11. ChevyGirlRox

ChevyGirlRox
    from Ohio

You should have said hi! I can't believe how packed the crown was both nights, crazy busy!

I'm honored (I think) a certain person's posterior is in a display case ha ha! :D

12. NotStockPhoto

NotStockPhoto

Sorry I missed the meet and greet again this year Kirk had me working like a slave lol

13. wkends

wkends
    from Kentucky

A group of us went to the pig on friday about 6:30 or so. We sat on the outside patio. First time we have been there. The service was slow but we just blamed on being crowded. Still had a good time with friends though.

14. novatattoo

novatattoo
    from Canton,OH

I too was there on Friday, about 730. First time. Service was slow (the place was busy) but our food was good. We sat in the addition up front and it was like an ice box. I'd still go back.

Forgot about the MnG until 1245. Figured by the time I'd get there you guys would be gone.

Later,Bill

15. I missed the meet & greet because friends from Florida stopped by and we got to "shooting the breeze". By the time they left it was close to 1:00 pm. Had a great time and saw several Alliance tags on cars. I was parked under the shelter closest to "Women's World". Already looking forward to next year!

Jim

16. John B

John B

Doesn't anyone use the alarm clock function on their cell phone?

17. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Well, for those who made it out, they got the chance to try a new twist on her recipe; I've been trying to talk her into trying a blueberry cookie and she finally did it. Ask BooBoo how that turned out. I think he ate the bulk of them. Think mini blueberry muffin tops... mmmmmmm.

Vance

18. Chris 50

Chris 50

I was one of the four at the offending table. Our service that evening was pretty awful too. They were slow, they ran out of Shiner Bock, and 20 minutes after putting in our order we were told that they were out of brisket among other things. All this after talking the place up to a couple friends who had never been there. After that plate left our table and got run over, a piece of it hit me in the arm, and my first thought was "aw shit". Then someone at another table yelled "mozeltoff!", and everybody just busted up laughing. We noticed the tire was flat soon after and had the manager locate the owner so we could rectify the situation. At first, one of the guys in the van was upset because he thought it was done intentionally, but after we explained everything he was ok. I had thrown my aluminum race jack in the trunk of Bob's Caddy for the trip down, so I brought the car around and the four of us had that tire changed in minutes. Bob even ponied up a C note to the old timer (he was 76) in case the tire couldn't be fixed. All in all, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time. Absolutley in tears. An to whomever yelled mozeltoff, that was the tip in.

19. CADILLAC AL

CADILLAC AL
    1. oHIo

Vance,
    My deepest apoligies to you & Jen. As all may have noticed, the cheesecake was sadly missing.
    It was the hotrod g-daughters first attempt & while the outside looked great the inside failed to solidify.
    Again we are very sorry & can only promise a double round next time & you & Jen pick the flavors.
    BTW... the blueberry cookies were a homerun out of the park!!
    Cadillac Al:cool:

20. Vance

Vance
    from N/A

Don't sweat it Al. There's always next time. And I'll be at the Blue Suede Cruise in August...

Vance