Register now to get rid of these ads!

WA state E vs W reliability run- 2 months left!! new information

Discussion in 'The Hokey Ass Message Board' started by Chris, Jul 12, 2010.

1. Ok guys,
    John and I had a meeting with all of the Thee Emperors and nailed down some details. For thoe who are new to this, heres the original thread with details of the run:

http://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=383959

Basically any and every flathead powered car, truck, bike and whatever is invited to go on this reliability run to the center of the state- Vantage WA on Sept 18th, 2010. The East side is meeting at Antique auto Ranch in Spokane, the West side at Amocat in Puyallup. If you live far from either start were you want...just be there by noon. Side with the most cars wins.

There is a restaurant right off I-90 in vantage that we will meet at. I have been by there a couple times and have talked with the owner Greg. They have TONS of parking, even some undercover parking if the weather turns. They are excited to have us and will have some good food and shakes.

We figure that we will be there for a few hours, then in the afternoon everyone can simply leave or set up camp. Camping is just across the street if anyone wants to do that. My friends and I are going to go up the hill to Ellensburg and stay in town. Either way it's up to you but we are planning some fun in Ellensburg that night.

We will also be selling T shirts, posters and buttons on the run to cover the cost of port-a-potties and such...so bring your piggy bank :D

So, feel free to PM me with any questions on the run. I hope it will be a success as we want to do this annually if the turn out is good. We want to do this to have fun and celebrate the Flathead powered cars- stock or hot rodded.

And remember, FLATHEADS ONLY. We don't want any OHV crap on this run- the ONLY exception is if it is a vintage conversion on a flathead like an Ardun or Riley.

Only 2 months left and I'm getting ready...
    [​IMG]

-Chris

2. JeffreyJames

JeffreyJames
    from SUGAR CITY

OVH Crap? I hope you break down 1/4 mile form your house you son of a bitch!!!!

Just kidding dude, I would love to hop in the bed of the truck and come a long for a ride. I am sure it's going to be a sight for sure. You PNW guys are sure to bring out the best of Hot Rods.

3. -Brent-

-Brent-

Hahaha. :D

4. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

when should we be at amocat?

5. gearheadbill

gearheadbill

"And remember, FLATHEADS ONLY. We don't want any OHV crap on this run- the ONLY exception is if it is a vintage conversion on a flathead like an Ardun or Riley."

The flathead is the reason for a reliability run....us OHV guys already KNOW we're gonna get there.

Just kidding! Sounds like a blast. Almost wish I had a flathead car..............almost.

6. Paul

Paul
    Editor

my 60 year old overhead has been slandered,

poor little flatheads, still trying to prove themselves.. :)

sounds like a fun time

7. Is a small-block with the Flathead rocker cover conversion eligible? I mean it LOOKS just like a Flathead.

If not, what if I mount a Briggs & Stratton in the trunk to run my AC compressor? It's a Flathead.

8. Us East side guys are leavin at 6....probably around the same for the Westsides.

9. No no, that is true. A SBC, Olds, FE, Cad, Nailhead, Y block or whatever would have no problem...probably doin 85 the whole way. We aren't doing this to exclude anyone, but it will be a challenge for engines designed nearly 100 years ago!

10. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

alrighty! ill be at amocat at 6 am sharp in my plymouth

11. hotrod-40

hotrod-40

So are we still bringing chain whips and brass knuckles?

12. flathead fred

flathead fred

I plan to be there!

13. Rehpotsirhcj

Rehpotsirhcj
    ALLIANCE MEMBER
    1. Northwest HAMBers

I'm in Ellensburg. Happy to help if anyone needs tools, welder, etc. either on the way over or back. Wish I had my coupe far enough along to join in. Maybe next year :)

14. Dirty Dug

Dirty Dug

You might want to station yourself about six mile west of Spokane. That's where the parts will start falling off the eastside guy's jalopies. Hell, they'll be all over the place. If you watch closely you may find some good stuff.

15. Here are few of the Flathead powered rides of Inland Emperors, from the meeting. Remember the side that gets the most Flathead powered vehicles to Vantage by noon wins!

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jul 12, 2010
  16. artythefarty

artythefarty
    from Yakima, WA

Anybody on I-90 have a flathead tow truck? It could be real busy the 18th of September!

17. sure wish i had something with flathead power. good luck with the race and bring your triple A card.

18. Joe King

Joe King

I don't understand how drivin to Vantage makes you a winner?

Can I just put my ole cracked flathead in the bed of the truck and bring it?

19. Dynaflash_8

Dynaflash_8
    from Auburn WA

you guys are going down! Hows this for reliable!

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTMdWuFisgw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oTMdWuFisgw&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrUEE5942ck&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/nrUEE5942ck&amp;hl=en_US&amp;fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

20. Atwater Mike

Atwater Mike

Man...my nice 21 stud '37 mill is still sitting, but Hemi is ready, Olds is about to get assembled.
    How come everything got shoved in reverse?? That flathead was gonna get a quick renovation, shoulda been between those deuce rails already!
    A dream run, for sure. Wish I could make it.

21. TMoney

TMoney

I would say if you drove the whole way sitting on the frame rail, you would definitely get double points. :D

22. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

lets see some rides making the run for the eastside!!!!!!!!!
    My mom will be driving the 40 my sister is taking her 36
    wagon and I'm taking my 32' Tub[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

23. As long as the truck you're driving is powered by a Flathead, you're more then welcome to come, just pick a side. This is a team event, the side with the most Flathhead powered vehicles to Vantage by noon wins.

Anybody can make to Vantage in a OHV car, heck thousands of people do it everyday in the state of Washington. This Reliability Run is about making it 150 miles in a vehicle powered by an engine designed in the 1920's & 1930's, a time before the interstate highway system, when just driving a couple of miles into town from the farm seemed like a long distance.

24. TMoney

TMoney

Ok, ok....... I gotta say it again; How about us OHV guys have an "unreliability run." We'll actually see how fast we can break down, on purpose. Bet we still get further than most of the flatty guys. :D

25. TMoney

TMoney

All joking aside, I can't wait for this event. I'll be riding along with M.I.A. Analson in the spare parts/tools rig in case anyone from our side breaks down.

26. GARY?

GARY?

471 miles from Ashland, OR !! I want to go to there.

27. jadeidol

jadeidol
    from spokane

You should that T is super cooool!!!!!!

28. TMoney

TMoney

x2 That thing looks bitchin!!!

29. MrModelT

MrModelT

I'm hoping to have my T ready for that kinda' mileage so I can bring it...Come on Corn Boy! If I bring mine, you gotta bring your T...can't be the only 'Banger fired T on the run :D

Attached Files:

30. Of course it is, I used to own it ;)